Windows 10: BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed

Discus and support BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've just started having BSODs with the aforementioned stop code. At first it seemed to happen whenever I attached my external hard drive, but that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by F. Shuaib, Dec 8, 2020.

1. F. Shuaib Win User

BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed

I've just started having BSODs with the aforementioned stop code. At first it seemed to happen whenever I attached my external hard drive, but that was not the conclusive cause. Sometimes the computer will crash while I'm away from the screen, and it's always stuck loading at 100% when restarting.

I have attached a link with a zipped version of the Minidump folder.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjlDjsiPcjLZoRHYRJje7fl88XST?e=CbJRiB

:)

F. Shuaib, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed

1. BSOD with Stop Code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, portcls.sys failed - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. I have blue screen with STOP CODE: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - What failed: gdrv3.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have blue screen with STOP CODE: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - What failed: gdrv3.sys: Hey everyone,Just had a bluescreen and I'm wondering what went wrong. Here's the dump file link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Md8zyz91-o10C0zPeTSIHz-M_91BpFl1/view?usp=sharingThank you!...
  3. I have blue screen with STOP CODE: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - What failed: gdrv3.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have blue screen with STOP CODE: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - What failed: gdrv3.sys: Hey everyone,Just had a bluescreen and I'm wondering what went wrong. Here's the dump file link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Md8zyz91-o10C0zPeTSIHz-M_91BpFl1/view?usp=sharingThank you!...
  4. I have blue screen with STOP CODE: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - What failed: gdrv3.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 11 blue screening with the "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"I have attached the 3 x mini dump files from this mornings 3 crashes at the link below plus another couple from other...
  6. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 11 blue screening with the "Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"I have attached the 3 x mini dump files from this mornings 3 crashes at the link below plus another couple from other...
  7. BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Am having 1-2 times per week BSOD with same notice:Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: igdkmdnd64.sysThis is a relatively new Inspiron 7506 2n1 w/ souped up specs talking to a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock and a pair of Dell S2421HS 1920 x 1080 monitors via...
  8. BSOD with Buzz sound Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: ndis.sys

BSOD with Buzz sound Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: ndis.sys: Blue screen of Death, this time with buzzing sound Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: ndis.sys Disk check has been done, drivers have been updated, Windows updated. May be linked to VPN connection....
  9. BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception

BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception: I am getting a BSOD with stop code System_Service_Exception. It seems to happen any time whether gaming or just sitting on desktop. I have searched google and suggestions were to update gfx driver and remove AntiVirus which I have done. I am running latest versions of AMD...
  10. BSOD with stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD with stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: The past day or two I've started getting random BSOD with the stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. It says the file asmtxhci.sys is what failed. I know that's a file associated with my ASUS USB 3.x driver/s but I haven't been able to solve the issue myself. All my drivers are...