Windows 10: BSOD with what failed:nvlldmkm.sys and what failed:CRITICAL STRUCTUR

Discus and support BSOD with what failed:nvlldmkm.sys and what failed:CRITICAL STRUCTUR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The computer crashes regularly 3 to 4 times a day. I have noticed it tends to crash when the mouse and keyboard are not in use. Typically when away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by soetato, Feb 13, 2017.

1. soetato Win User

BSOD with what failed:nvlldmkm.sys and what failed:CRITICAL STRUCTUR

The computer crashes regularly 3 to 4 times a day.

I have noticed it tends to crash when the mouse and keyboard are not in use. Typically when away from the computer for 15 –20 minutes .

On occasion it has crashed while I was using the computer.

I run two screens. The colour of the BSOD differs, black, blue even red !!

There have been occasions where the “official” MS blue screen appears with messages, what failed:nvlldmkm.sys and what failed:CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

The latter has started to appear last few days.

I have included couple of files with whoCrashed software analysis.

I have been through the mill with NVIDEA support and Microsoft support without any conclusion.

Please help. Thank you in for your consideration.

:)

soetato, Feb 13, 2017

2. blue screen, stop code

My laptop keeps restarting with a blue screen. Stop code: critical structure corruption (which is BSOD error code 0x00000109), and it says what failed: tcpip.sys. The lifewire site said it means a kernel code or data corruption. Anyone know how to fix
    this? I have not added any hardware or downloaded anything recently that I can think of, and everything's up to date.

AriaChiodo, Feb 13, 2017
  3. UmerAsim Win User
    Critical structure corruption

For a few weeks i start my DELL Optiplex 745 running windows 10.If i use or not use my computer for a few minutes it displays bsod stating critical structure corruption and shuts down. In event viewer it says sec drv service failed to start due to the following
    error

The driver has been blocked from loading

UmerAsim, Feb 13, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

Please fill in as much detail as you can in the My System Specs section. Include details of your power supply and any devices you have attached via USB ports.

philc43, Feb 13, 2017
  5. soetato Win User
    Done.
    I have also captured all detail images from the TenForum system utility.
    Not sure if will help to post at this point.

soetato, Feb 14, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Thanks for the updated information. There were only two crash dumps captured in your logfiles. One of which points to the graphics driver.

The usual first step is to remove and reinstall the NVidia drivers. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

It can sometimes help to go back to an earlier release of driver.

philc43, Feb 14, 2017
  7. soetato Win User
    Hi Phil
    Thanks for your interest.

I updated the driver. I only had a firefox and windows live email on.
    Left PC for 10 mins unattended. It crashed as before. Log attached.

On Tue 14/02/2017 11:39:59 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021417-14781-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x1A322A)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFB6FF4884E540, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8012501322A)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_b67dc924fff8de6d\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.53
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.53
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.53 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 14/02/2017 11:39:59 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x1A322A)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFB6FF4884E540, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8012501322A)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_b67dc924fff8de6d\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.53
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.53
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.53 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

soetato, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD with what failed:nvlldmkm.sys and what failed:CRITICAL STRUCTUR - Similar Threads - BSOD failed nvlldmkm

2. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  3. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  4. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: I have an issue with windows that occur when i changed something i can't revert back from in safe mode. also it causes issue in accessing safe mode without multi attempts. here is some image of issue....
  6. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: I have an issue with windows that occur when i changed something i can't revert back from in safe mode. also it causes issue in accessing safe mode without multi attempts. here is some image of issue....
  7. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: hello a have this problem: [ATTACH] I try restore but dont working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pagefaultinnonpagedarea-what-failed-wdf01000sys/9a0a276e-2499-4535-a86a-b1dbc2008dee
  9. BSOD - Critical Structure Corruption : What to do now

BSOD - Critical Structure Corruption : What to do now: Hello, For the past few months I had been getting BSOD's for about every week. I tried to solve each one according to the its error code. It seems that the main problem is not being able to get the windows update. I have already tried to use sfc commands in order to fix...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION What failed: iocbios2.sys

BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION What failed: iocbios2.sys: I followed the instructions in the two links below and came up with some minidump files. BSOD happens about every 48-72 hours....