Windows 10: BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, first time posting here. I built my PC 6 months ago with all new parts and installed windows 10. It all worked perfectly fine for 3 months until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vitrix Win User

BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Hi, first time posting here.

I built my PC 6 months ago with all new parts and installed windows 10. It all worked perfectly fine for 3 months until i experienced my 1st BSOD. Restarted the PC and it worked fine again for few days until it came again. Then slowly of the next couple of days the BSOD started coming more frequent until it came within 1 minute of each boot.

Upon looking online, a fix suggested was to restore it to a previous restore point. Doing that seemed to fix the problem for a few days and then it went back to normal. So i restored once again but this time it didn't fix it and it was back to BSOD within 1 minute every boot.

Thinking its a OS issue i installed windows 7. This seemed to fix it and was working fine until the same thing started happening. The BSOD started coming once every 2 days to more frequently until once again within 1 minute of every boot. Have to note, when it was only coming couple of days i could make it BSOD by scrolling through my facebook feed fast.

I once again went online to check for solutions and i have done the following:

1) Use only 1 RAM module, then test each DIM slot.
    2) Run memory diagnostic test which came back with no errors
    3) Buy new a new RAM module to make sure
    4) Increased the RAM voltage by 0.05v
    5) Taken out my graphics card and used onboard GPU
    6) Switched the hard drive to a working PCs hard drive but still got the same PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA within 1 minute of boot
    7) switched SATA ports
    7) Tried overclocking the CPU
    8) Resetting the paging files (Solution 2 of How to Fix Page Fault In Non paged Area [Solved] - Tech Free Zone). This actually made the PC run for almost 2 hours without the BSOD. But once it happened once it went back to the BSOD every minute
    9) Disabled the only driver with a yellow exclamation mark in device manager

None of the 9 things i tried fixed problem and it still gives the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.

I tried clean installing windows 10 again but i get the same BSOD during the setup.

However the PC runs perfectly fine in Safe Mode.

System Info
    CPU: i5-6600k
    RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 (also tried HyperX 8gb DDR4)
    GPU: MSI GTX 1060
    PSU: Corsair VS550
    Hardrive: Crucial 500gb SSD

:)

Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017

2. error in updating to windows 10

Thank you I finally updated it to windows 10 but unfortunately after updating i did check for new updates then while downloading for it.. suddenly it turn to BSOD having an error on igdkmd64.sys

Every 1-3 mins after booting up it will turn in BSOD so i cant really download and install any update for the intel graphics card

Xaine Hikagami, Jun 2, 2017
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD (snp2uvc.sys) error

I have a Fujitsu laptop, 'after upgrading to Windows 10 has problems: "restart every 10 minutes", with information error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD (snp2uvc.sys)".

Can anyone help me

Budi Nursetyo, Jun 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Vitrix *Smile

This could well be a driver issue but unless you provide the log files for us we can't help. See this notice at the top:
    Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

philc43, Jun 2, 2017
  5. Vitrix Win User
    Sorry i forgot to do that, i have attached it to the main post now

EDIT: I had to run the program in safe mode and that's why a lot of the drivers are disabled in the log

Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    As the bsod happens very quickly you are in a good position to troubleshoot with the clean boot process. A clean boot starts with a minimum set of drivers and if you can get a stable system you can add back in processes until the bsod starts again. This might help you track down the culprit.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Do part one and see if you can run the PC without a bsod. If you can then proceed to part two picking it up at step 11.

philc43, Jun 2, 2017
  7. Vitrix Win User
    I have done part one before but i think i only disabled services and not startup. The bsod still happened. Ill try it again now and report back

Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017
  8. Vitrix Win User

so i did part one again and i still get the bsod

EDIT: i'm running windows 7 and not 10 and so startup tab had processes already listed in the window and there was no option to open task manager

Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    There is nothing I can find in the crash dumps that give me a clue. The clean boot result indicates that it is a MS service running which is probably causing it, one that does not run in safe mode. It could be a hardware issue such as the motherboard but the safe mode success tends to rule it out.

Try another clean install of Windows 10 (there seems to be no advantage for using W7) and then you could try disabling services see Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10 but note the warning and that this is only recommended if you know what you are doing as many services are critical. The Black Viper guide is helpful to see which services you can safely disable or remove.

philc43, Jun 2, 2017
  10. Vitrix Win User
    I tried doing a clean install of windows 10 but during the installation setup I get the bsod *Sad

I guess i could pop the SSD into another PC and reformat to wipe everything and try installing after that

Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    That might work *Smile

I guess you have already removed all unnecessary devices from your system - keep it as simple as possible when you install - no extra drives, no USB devices, etc.

philc43, Jun 2, 2017
  12. Vitrix Win User
    yep, i've disabled the graphics card through bios and made it default to onboard GPU too

Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017
  13. Vitrix Win User

i finally got round trying to fix the computer after having a couple of busy weeks. So i reformatted it and started up the windows installation through bootable USB and straight away (within 3 seconds) the exact same blue screen happened...

This actually makes sense, as in the original post i said i tried booting from a working PC's hard drive and still got the same BSOD

Does this mean this is 100% a hardware fault? If so, how come windows was working perfectly fine in safe mode?

Vitrix, Jun 21, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom[/quote] Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AFD CSC DfsC discache MpFilter NetBIOS NetBT nsiproxy Psched rdbss SCDEmu spldr tdx vwififlt Wanarpv6 WfpLwf[/quote] Code: Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed. Feature: Behavior Monitoring Error Code: 0x80070006 Error description: The handle is invalid. Reason: The filter driver was unloaded unexpectedly.[/quote]

Code: Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed. Feature: Network Inspection System Error Code: 0x80070006 Error description: The handle is invalid. Reason: The filter driver was unloaded unexpectedly.[/quote] Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AFD CSC DfsC discache MpFilter NetBIOS NetBT nsiproxy Psched rdbss SCDEmu spldr tdx vwififlt Wanarpv6 WfpLwf[/quote]
    Code:
    [Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
     Feature: On Access
     Error Code: 0x8007043c
     Error description: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode 
     Reason: Antimalware protection has stopped functioning for an unknown reason. In some instances, restarting the service may resolve the problem./CODE]

[CODE][The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 
     discache
     MpFilter
     SCDEmu
     spldr
     Wanarpv6/CODE]

Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: discache MpFilter SCDEmu spldr Wanarpv6[/quote]   Code: Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed. Feature: On Access Error Code: 0x8007043c Error description: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode Reason: Antimalware protection has stopped functioning for an unknown reason. In some instances, restarting the service may resolve the problem.[/quote]   Code: There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database[/quote]   Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: discache MpFilter SCDEmu spldr Wanarpv6[/quote]  
     In the event log there were recurrent problems with drivers failing to load and windows defender.

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  15. philc43 Win User
    I think it is really important to determine if the hardware is faulty because, as you say, safe mode should have failed if it was hardware related. You could have an intermittent problem (e.g. a faulty connection on the motherboard) which just makes it harder to track down.

Can you just try and run in the BIOS menu for a couple of hours and see if this is stable, try working through all the pages and seeing if you get any signs of a failure.

The windows 7 clean boot process is described here: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
    Make sure you are following all the steps correctly and try another clean boot if you did not get any hardware failure in the BIOS or Safe mode.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - BSOD within min

2. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  3. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  4. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI logo comes up, then disappears like normal, but then i have a black screen for approximately a minute before i can see my lock...
  6. BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, Seems like I'm getting the BSOD more frequently lately. This is the latest error to which I haven't seen before. I've included a link to the minidump. Can someone advise? TIA. Minidump...
  7. BSOD while gaming and then happens within 10 mins after booting

BSOD while gaming and then happens within 10 mins after booting: My two and a half year old pc, after switching graphic card, started to get BSOD about two weeks ago, saying Whea uncorrectable error. I did some research, and tried resetting CMOS, updating BIOS, and memtest86 to see if my rams are done. I also used some intel tools to check...
  8. SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Yesterday I got home and I found out that my computer had been bsod-ing all day so I quickly went searching for solutions to my problems but to no avail. I have nailed it down to this SSD(boot drive) I have where in any windows installation would crash as soon as the computer...
  9. BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: I tried to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro 32bit using the USB installation media (from the media creation tool). However during the first reboot, I encountered a Windows 10 BSOD with the message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and was then rolled back to Windows 7...
  10. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...