Windows 10: BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think it is really important to determine if the hardware is faulty because, as you say, safe mode should have failed if it was hardware related. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vitrix, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vitrix Win User

BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I've completely wiped clean the hard drive so there is no windows to clean boot. I'm getting the BSOD whilst trying to do a fresh install of windows 10

I'll try running the BIOS for couple of hours like you suggested and report back

Vitrix, Jun 21, 2017
  2. Vitrix Win User

The BIOS has crashed.

Details of what happened:
    I let BIOS run for 1 hour and checked to see if it was working and it was fine. Came back roughly 2 hours after that (total 3 hours) and moved the mouse and clicked on the tabs on the 3D bios and it was working. But after 10 seconds of clicking around and switching tabs, it stopped working. I was able to move the mouse but clicking on the tabs or setting did nothing and 5 seconds late i lost control of the mouse. It started moving diagonally to the left of the screen and then went to the bottom left. As soon as i lost mouse control i checked the keyboard and that too did not work.

Vitrix, Jun 21, 2017
  3. philc43 Win User
    OK, bad news for you but good news for troubleshooting. Doublecheck all the connections inside your case and remove and reinsert every plug and board. Clean out all fans and heatsinks and then recheck the PC to see if you can keep it running in the BIOS screen.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  4. Vitrix Win User

does that include CPU connection? or just power, sata and RAM(which iv'e checked multiple times) connections?

Vitrix, Jun 21, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    CPU removal and reinsertion should be a last resort - you will need to clean and reapply the thermal paste if you do this. There have been rare cases where a CPU pin has been bent and not making proper connection.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  6. Vitrix Win User
    I completely forgot about this post but the issue did end up being the CPU.

After reconnecting everything i was still getting the bsod so i decided to buy another motherboard thinking that could be the problem; but the bsod still happened. So then i ordered another CPU and voila it worked.

From what i could tell there was no bent pins but it somehow became faulty.
    Unfortunately the manufactures guarantee ended by the time i found out it was the CPU.

Vitrix, Oct 20, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Glad you got it fixed. If you post a new zip we can look it over.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD within 1 min of every boot, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - BSOD within min

2. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  3. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  4. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI logo comes up, then disappears like normal, but then i have a black screen for approximately a minute before i can see my lock...
  6. BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, Seems like I'm getting the BSOD more frequently lately. This is the latest error to which I haven't seen before. I've included a link to the minidump. Can someone advise? TIA. Minidump...
  7. BSOD while gaming and then happens within 10 mins after booting

BSOD while gaming and then happens within 10 mins after booting: My two and a half year old pc, after switching graphic card, started to get BSOD about two weeks ago, saying Whea uncorrectable error. I did some research, and tried resetting CMOS, updating BIOS, and memtest86 to see if my rams are done. I also used some intel tools to check...
  8. SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Yesterday I got home and I found out that my computer had been bsod-ing all day so I quickly went searching for solutions to my problems but to no avail. I have nailed it down to this SSD(boot drive) I have where in any windows installation would crash as soon as the computer...
  9. BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: I tried to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro 32bit using the USB installation media (from the media creation tool). However during the first reboot, I encountered a Windows 10 BSOD with the message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and was then rolled back to Windows 7...
  10. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...