Windows 10: BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wireless has been having issues on and off for a while. Over Thanksgiving, my wireless option disappeared and I went to device manager and browsed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluegreen1, Dec 3, 2017.

1. BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

My wireless has been having issues on and off for a while. Over Thanksgiving, my wireless option disappeared and I went to device manager and browsed my computer for driver software. I selected the most recent wireless driver, which has worked for about a week.

We typically turn wifi off at night, and I also turn it off on my laptop before hibernating it. Very early this morning, I woke my computer from hibernation after turning on wifi on our router. But again the wireless option had disappeared on my laptop. So I went to device manager and selected "Roll Back Driver" in properties, since there seemed to be a consistent problem with the most recent driver. But the roll back process hung for a very long time and then the top of the wireless properties screen gave the "Not Responding" message. I had to physically turn off the laptop with the power button, and then also restart it the same way.

After several minutes passed, I received the blue screen with the message "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".... When the blue screen got to 100%, I used the power button again to turn off the computer and then to restart it. Now it just endlessly hangs on the Windows logo screen with a rotating circle of dots. I waited for about 30 minutes and then rebooted again. No change, and now it's been about another 45 minutes with the Windows logo and rotating circle on the screen. It seems to be unbootable and I haven't a clue on how I should proceed.

(I'm sorry that I was unable to follow the bsod posting instructions, as the laptop will not boot. But the issue is with my Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop, which is in my profile, if that helps.)

:)

bluegreen1, Dec 3, 2017
  2. erenaeoth Win User

BSOD Driver Power State Failure

I've been getting randomly occurring BSODs with the Stopcode 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE'

When going to Device Manager there are no drivers that have a problem, although when I start up in Safe Mode, the drivers 'Generic PnP Moniter' and 'Wireless Device' have a yellow warning sign on them. I cannot update these in Safe Mode and when I try to
    in regular mode it says I already have the most up-to-date drivers.

I've tried uninstalling them in Safe Mode, and when I turn the PC on regularly again, the system installs the drivers again. It briefly recognises that I am missing drivers for Keyboard_filter_01 before installing it and recognising it as a Wireless Device.

After doing this, both these drivers still have warning signs on them when I enter safe mode.

The DMP and MSinfo can be found at this dropbox link: PC Fix

erenaeoth, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Knots23 Win User
    BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

It took a while, but I finally found a new battery in my mail!

I installed it an... unfortunately the same BSOD occurred. (driver_power_state_failure)

Could this somehow be related to the wireless network card / the failing bluetooth? (Yeah, that still fails, even while running on 'high perfomance' and plugged in)

Knots23, Dec 3, 2017
  4. BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

UPDATE: So finally after more than an hour of the screen hanging, I received a new blue screen message:

AUTOMATIC REPAIR - Windows couldn't load correctly. System Restore can try to restore your PC to an earlier time when it worked correctly. This repair will not change personal data, but it might remove some apps that were installed recently. You cannot undo this process.

I selected "Restore" - laptop booted and wireless is working and my wireless driver is back in Device Manager (along with several WAN miniport entries). But now I have a pop-up message from Intel PROSet/Wireless Software asking me to review and agree to the EULA, and to select either "Upgrade" or "Customize".... I am reluctant to do anything with this as I have no idea if something with this may have been causing the problem. Maybe I should just close this out without responding to it? The wireless seems to be working fine, so maybe I can ignore it?

Thanks....

bluegreen1, Dec 3, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Are you now able to post the files requested at the top of the page?

[Note: It is unlikely that the Intel PROset/Wireless is a cause of your problems as this is common on a lot of systems and is often installed by the Laptop manufacturer's setup files.]

philc43, Dec 3, 2017
  6. bluegreen1, Dec 3, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The 12/4 7:30AM and 11/29 7:12AM dumps indicate a problem with aswSnx.sys.
    Code: ffffba81`1e0c50d0 fffff808`6bd47688Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0xd7688[/quote] Driver Description: avast! Virtualization Driver

Driver Update Site: http://support.avast.com/

Uninstall Avast Anti-virus and run with the built-in Windows Defender for awhile, see if that resolves your problem. If yes, you can stay with Windows Defender or try that latest version of Avast or a different AV program.

Ztruker, Dec 5, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

1) Please post into the thread the website for the computers drivers and bios updates.
    2) Post a memory dump file into the thread:
    C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find the file > use one drive or drop box to post a share link.

zbook, Dec 5, 2017
  9. Thanks to both of you.

1) I had another surprise again this morning when I woke up my laptop from hibernation. No wireless option, and no wireless drivers. But I was able to get a driver by letting device manager search my computer for one. Then I uninstalled Avast as you recommended and ran Windows update, which gave me new definitions for Windows Defender, as I'm using that now as you instructed. (I hope this is resolved and that the wireless will not fail again.) Thanks so much for your help.

2) I'm unsure of websites website for the computer's drivers and bios updates. But I just went to file explorer and the search box isn't working. It worked fine before the recent Windows update, as I typically use it frequently. So I ran a scannow, but the results showed no issues. I'll try this again tomorrow.

Thanks again for helping!

bluegreen1, Dec 6, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Please download and install: voidtools

Use this software to find the memory dump file.

Then use one drive or drop box to post a share link into the thread.

C:\windows\memory.dmp

The event logs displayed a fatal wireless problem.
    The dumps have implicated Intel and the memory dump is needed for clarification.

Code: Event[10653]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS Date: 2017-12-04T05:22:25.410 Event ID: 10317 Task: PnP Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DRMnotebookPC Description: Miniport Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260, {FD1C3C99-A4D1-4405-A4B0-1E0374B3AD5B}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power[/quote]

The BSOD mini dumps when debugged displayed 2 hardware and 2 software drivers.
    Bugchecks were:
    7C ....................(Netwsw02.sys)
    50 ....................(Netwsw02.sys)
    9F ....................(IRP: NETwNb64, Netwbw02.sys)
    1000007E .....(aswSP.sys, aswSnx.sys, netwbw02.sys, netwsw02.sys)
    1000009F .....(aswSP.sys, aswSnx.sys)

The IRP debugging displayed a misbehaving hardware driver.

1) Please post a memory dump file into the thread:
    C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find the file > use one drive or drop box to post a share link.
    2) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    3) powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    4) sfc /scannow
    5) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

Code: Name [00000001] Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3 Product Type Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 Installed Yes PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_C0608086&REV_6B\E8B1FCFFFFB4C52100 Last Reset 12/4/2017 7:30 AM Index 1 Service Name NETwNb64 IP Address 10.0.0.2, fe80::91bd:a201:614f:4de7 IP Subnet 255.255.255.0, 64 Default IP Gateway 10.0.0.1 DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server 10.0.0.1 DHCP Lease Expires 12/5/2017 10:28 AM DHCP Lease Obtained 12/4/2017 10:28 AM MAC Address ‪E8:B1:FC:B4:C5:21‬ Memory Address 0xF7D00000-0xF7DFFFFF IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967289 Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys (18.33.11.2, 3.36 MB (3,521,032 bytes), 11/8/2017 12:57 PM)[/quote]

Code: netwns64 ___ Intel(R) Wireless Adapter Driver for Windows 7 - 64 Bit c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwsw02.sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No[/quote]
    Code: netwnb64 ___ Intel(R) Wireless Adapter Driver for Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys Kernel Driver Yes Manual Running OK Normal No Yes[/quote] ,

Code: fffff80f`f0e70000 fffff80f`f11fd000 Netwbw02 Netwbw02.sys Sun Apr 17 09:09:53 2016 (57139931)[/quote]

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

1. BSOD - won't boot- missing wireless driver- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD won't boot

2. missing wireless driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing wireless driver.: Recently i ran BootCamp on a mac computer to download windows ten. I did the setup and restarted to realise I was not connected to the internet. After a couple of hours i found device manager. I checked my drivers and to my horror there was no wireless driver. I have looked...
  3. missing wireless driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing wireless driver.: Recently i ran BootCamp on a mac computer to download windows ten. I did the setup and restarted to realise I was not connected to the internet. After a couple of hours i found device manager. I checked my drivers and to my horror there was no wireless driver. I have looked...
  4. missing wireless driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD + WIFI Options Missing

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD + WIFI Options Missing: For the last few months, I've been facing this issue. my laptop is less than 1 year old, I own an Acer Nitro 5.During working my pc starts to hang and then wifi options are missing from the taskbar leaving behind only the Airplane mode.And then BSOD comes with the error code...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys: Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which for the past couple of months has suffered from a strange issue where I bring the laptop out of sleep mode and log back in, what then happens is that when moving the mouse around trackpad it seems to stutter and pause then flies off the...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys: Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which for the past couple of months has suffered from a strange issue where I bring the laptop out of sleep mode and log back in, what then happens is that when moving the mouse around trackpad it seems to stutter and pause then flies off the...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE driver storport.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using nVidia driver || driver_power_state_failure: Attachment 20290 Many games including minecraft cause BSOD when switching from intel hd graphics to nvidia geforce gt 740m graphics PS. If there is any more required information let me know, this is the first time I've actually had to ask for help with this stuff 6486
  10. Wireless adapter gives BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless adapter gives BSOD Driver_power_state_failure: Hi, I'm having someproblems with my wireless adapter for about 2 or 3 months now and I hope someone here can help me. I've been looking here and on the internet for solution but haven't found any. The symptoms arethat I'm maybe transferring files between laptop and my WD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10317 wireless sleep yellow The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power S3