Windows 10: BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS

Discus and support BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there,I have an Asus X407UAR, Seagate 1 TB HDD. About last Wednesday, I performed a Clean Install of Windows 10. Before that, I had booted into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WickedWizard, Jun 8, 2021.

1. BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS

Hello there,I have an Asus X407UAR, Seagate 1 TB HDD. About last Wednesday, I performed a Clean Install of Windows 10. Before that, I had booted into Ubuntu to partition my drive, since the Setup interface was uncomfortable for me. What I had noticed was, running Windows I assume for a year had created about 25k+ Bad Sectors on my HDD. I quickly backed up all my files and wrote zeroes to the drive twice, which reduced it by about 5k sectors. Trying the third time did not reduce any bad sectors.Hopelessly, I reinstalled Windows again. I also dual booted Ubuntu 20.04 LTS along with it, as a ba

:)

WickedWizard, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Dice Vil Win User

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 8, 2021
  4. BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS

SSD not recognised.

No it is not recognised in the BIOS.

Paul Black, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS

1. BSOD wrecks HDD, and isn't recognised in BIOS - Similar Threads - BSOD wrecks HDD

2. My harddrive isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My harddrive isn't recognised: I got an error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So I referred to every possible solution on Microsoft Answers, google, and youtube. But none of them worked for me.I tried to install new Windows using a bootable USB pen drive. And there I got another error saying " No device drivers...
  3. My harddrive isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My harddrive isn't recognised: I got an error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So I referred to every possible solution on Microsoft Answers, google, and youtube. But none of them worked for me.I tried to install new Windows using a bootable USB pen drive. And there I got another error saying " No device drivers...
  4. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  5. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  6. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. HDD not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not recognised: Hi, Am hoping somebody can give me some help getting my 2nd HDD recognised. The full story in brief on how this has happened is :- I did a windows update & after that my pc wouldnt boot i suspect due to usb drivers being disabled , anyway it meant i couldnt even use my mouse...
  8. My webcam isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My webcam isn't recognised: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrsFrizzleGaveMePCP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftpapx/my_webcam_isnt_recognised/
  9. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  10. Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...: This one has me scratching my head. Turned on the computer and the bios tells me Bootmgr is missing. Ah! panic, looked in bios and one of my drives is not recognised which happens to be the O/S drive. I opened up the computer and re-seated the Sata connections and went...