Windows 10: BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

Discus and support BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this blue screen problem, this is the information from the minidumpSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: B8562C11EXCEPTION_STR:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eduardo Atay Rondon, Nov 5, 2023.

1. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

I have this blue screen problem, this is the information from the minidumpSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: B8562C11EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeIMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeMODULE_NAME: nt_wrong_symbolsSYMBOL_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols!B8562C111047000FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS_X64_22621.2506.amd64fre.ni_release_svc_prod3.231018-1809_TIMESTAMP_680101-145201_B8562C11_nt_wrong_symbols!B8562C111047000OS_VERSION: 10.0.22621.2506BUILDLAB_STR: ni_release_svc_prod3OSPLATFORM_TYPE:

:)

Eduardo Atay Rondon, Nov 5, 2023
  2. MFar402 Win User

BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

Hi!

I don't know what to do. I am constantly receiving BSOD with the following code:

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - portcl.sys

This is the information I have of one of the minidump files:

MFar402, Nov 5, 2023
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

Hi Dave,

I'm really grateful for your quick reply, specially on a Sunday!

I did not overclock or underclock the CPU. However I do have an XMP profile activated in the BIOS (the only one available, by default)

I found on forums that some BIOS options could lead to BSOD.

I found 3 of those options on my BIOS They concern CPU throttling, power and active cores :

- Global C State Control / AMD Cool & Quiet

- Power supply idle

- CPPC prefered cores

All 3 were disabled --> I got fewer BSODs since then. The improvement was huge on some games (no longer a single BSOD)

I also tried at some point disabling the XMP profile. That did not seem to have any effect on BSODs.

So I activated again the XMP profile in order to have full ram speed (default values for Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V (Spd latency: 15-15-15-36 according to Amazon)

Do you think I should disable the XMP profile again? When I tested turning it off, the other 3 options were still activated.

Additional info :

The current BSOD is systematic with a specific Unreal Engine demo. Other BSODs are random but seem to happen more often when the computer is under heavy load (loading an app or a game).

Temperatures range from

CPU : 47° to 84° Celcius

GPU : 42° to 65° Celcius

4 SSD and 1 M.2 drives : 34° to 45° Celcius

The PSU is a 750w unit which is the minimum required for the 3080. Do you think this could be an undervoltage issue due to an underpowered PSU?

Again huge thanks for your help!

Raoul Duke1, Nov 5, 2023
Thema:

BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

1. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS - Similar Threads - BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

2. BSOD crash dump result: WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash dump result: WRONG_SYMBOLS: after a crash or BSOD I now go to crash dump to see what actually happened, there's no BSOD after the first one but I want to know what failure bucket id means so that I can prevent another BSOD.FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  3. BSOD crash dump result: WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD crash dump result: WRONG_SYMBOLS: after a crash or BSOD I now go to crash dump to see what actually happened, there's no BSOD after the first one but I want to know what failure bucket id means so that I can prevent another BSOD.FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  4. BSOD crash dump result: WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS: I have this blue screen problem, this is the information from the minidumpSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: B8562C11EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeIMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exeMODULE_NAME:...
  6. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS: Hi,I keep having random BSODs when using a few 3D apps like games and suchHere are the contents of the latest Memory Dump as per WinDbg : https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ag8utxtraRDBghJCHz4ISbrB7RMI?e=Q8fQOqI tried to do sfc /scannow but it returned no issuesHere are the MiniDumps :...
  7. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS: Hi,I keep having random BSODs when using a few 3D apps like games and suchHere are the contents of the latest Memory Dump as per WinDbg : https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ag8utxtraRDBghJCHz4ISbrB7RMI?e=Q8fQOqI tried to do sfc /scannow but it returned no issuesHere are the MiniDumps :...
  8. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

9. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS: Greetings,Recently I have been facing some issues while using the machine, suddenly I receives BSOD. I have tried multiple solutions, but unfortunately same issue.Please I seek your support to check the below analysis belowSYMBOL_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols!79C147481046000...
  10. BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS

BSOD WRONG_SYMBOLS: Greetings,Recently I have been facing some issues while using the machine, suddenly I receives BSOD. I have tried multiple solutions, but unfortunately same issue.Please I seek your support to check the below analysis belowSYMBOL_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols!79C147481046000...