Windows 10: BSOD

Discus and support BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I got a BSOD on 17/10/2020 at night. I've gotten BSODs before but it was already settled with updating drives etc. The previous BSOD had a stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anairda.a, Oct 17, 2020 at 11:17 PM.

1. anairda.a Win User

BSOD

Hi.

I got a BSOD on 17/10/2020 at night. I've gotten BSODs before but it was already settled with updating drives etc. The previous BSOD had a stop code of video_internal_error. However this time, the stop code is different which is SYSTEM_ SERVICE_EXCEPTION and it wrote 'what failed = win32kbase.sys'. For some reason my BSODs usually occur during the night when I use skype but it has never been a problem during the day when I'm doing other things.

Can someone help me how to solve this system_service_exception BSOD? :

:)

2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD :)

4. axe0 Win User

BSOD

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

BSOD

1. BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. BSOD Watchdogs Violation, Do I need 2 Standard SATA AHCI Contollers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Watchdogs Violation, Do I need 2 Standard SATA AHCI Contollers?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xouxxii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgh498/bsod_watchdogs_violation_do_i_need_2_standard/
  3. Unidentified Network after BSOD. IP address starts with 169

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified Network after BSOD. IP address starts with 169: I'm running Windows 10 64bit and had a BSOD due to laptop over heating. On rebooting my laptop LAN started showing unidentified network. My WiFi is completely fine and I can use it. When I checked my IP it started with 169 and I was told it had a negative significance. Any...
  4. BSOD Ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntoskrnl: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjRkNasl_IylVCIFjFo4kVnrnm6?e=R7Hrar Link to minidump Now i've ran every memory test. i've done sfc, CHKDSK sfc. memtest86 and memory diagnostic all passed with no issues i've updated through device manager and i'm up to date on everything included...
  5. BSOD when Win10 PC connects to the internet

BSOD when Win10 PC connects to the internet: My PC was stuck in in a BSOD loop. I finally narrowed it down the the network driver. If disabled, I could use all not network things fine, but within a minute of reenabling the ethernet network driver, I would get a BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. I then attempted to use...
  6. Several BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe

Several BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe: Hi! In the last few days I have suffered for several BSOD while playing Genshin Impact. Until then I was playing without any problem in ultra settings, other recent games in ultra seem don't seem to produce a blue screen. I used BlueScreenView to try to find the root of the...
  7. Windows 10 BSoD, Video Schedule Internal Error

Windows 10 BSoD, Video Schedule Internal Error: Hi there, So a month or so ago my computer started to freeze after maybe 5 minutes of use and would be totally unresponsive until I restarted. The only thing I did was install iTunes, iCloud, and AltStore program for videogame emulators. Soon after this the freezing...
  8. PC crashes with BSOD errors like special_pool_detected_memory_corruption and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC crashes with BSOD errors like special_pool_detected_memory_corruption and...: As the title said, PC irregularly crashes with Blue screen errors. After following this wiki - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d I ran driver verifier and the PC crashed as...
  9. Win10 2004 & 2009 - HASP Hardlock.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 2004 & 2009 - HASP Hardlock.sys BSOD: Bad predicament here... Originally using HASP version 6.x, worked fine on Win10 1908. After reaching 2004, it BSOD. The reason I can't use the latest HASP 8.11 is because the key is not compatible with it. To make things worse, the vendor no longer exists, so they can't...
  10. Enchaînement de BSOD

Enchaînement de BSOD: Bonjour, depuis quelques temps lorsque j'ai un BSOD avec le code d'arrêt "MEMORY MANAGEMENT", au redémarrage du PC j'obtient un second BSOD avec le code d'arrêt "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M", ainsi que le nom du module provoquant l'erreur: "arusb_win7x.sys". Si...