Windows 10: BSOD

Discus and support BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Pc keeps crashing for several different error messages.Ive tried clean install of windows 10, updating various drivers, boot clean, memtest,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TaineBradley, May 4, 2021.

1. BSOD

My Pc keeps crashing for several different error messages.Ive tried clean install of windows 10, updating various drivers, boot clean, memtest, complete reset of all hard drives and SSD's and to no avail.Ive even tried technical support from microsoft but they just kept telling me that restarting my pc would fix it.If anyone has any ideas or think they can help please let me know.

:)

TaineBradley, May 4, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD :)

cplpro, May 4, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, May 4, 2021
Thema:

BSOD

1. BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. BSOD reference by pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD reference by pointer: Hello, I have started getting this BSOD quite frequently over the last few days. I googled the issue and tried some of the suggested fixes but as yet it has not stopped. Is there a way to figure out what exactly is causing the problem?thanks in advance....
  3. Memory Code BSODs in Clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory Code BSODs in Clean install: Ok. I know from experience how to do a clean install of windows. But, with Partition 0 as unallocated, and the only partition, I am trying to boot using the Windows Media Creation Tool USB Drive Option on an RCA 2 in 1 tablet my backup because my main PC has failedHowever,...
  4. BSOD Errors Driver/RAM Related?

BSOD Errors Driver/RAM Related?: Hello folks,I've been getting near-constant BSOD errors since I upgraded my system about one month ago. I upgraded my mobo and RAM to a B550 Tomahawk and 4x8GB kit of Corsair LPX and whenever my system comes under load I can expect a BSOD error. Most of my stopcodes...
  5. bsod error 0x3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod error 0x3: can some one help me with this bsod error here is link to the mini dmp file.......https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHC0E6qQbrMiAtJrN0PlIDTS2Pg?e=vbVxwEthanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-0x3/7aa569d5-c8a4-4a8d-8144-4007768c5a08
  6. System Service Exception BSOD

System Service Exception BSOD: Hi, my computer has been bsod almost every other day for the past month and this week has been every time I use the computer heavily. Before the blue screens, the computer used to just hang and stay frozen until I would hold the power button to shut it off. Then it started...
  7. Multiple BSOD errors on Win10 PC

Multiple BSOD errors on Win10 PC: Have been having problems for the past month with desktop PC crashing multiple times. Have had it in to repair at a local PC shop, which made it crash less often, but still crashes maybe once a week. Some programs are also crashing regulalry. Looking to get input before I...
  8. Im having a lot of BSOD while gaming the last month.

Im having a lot of BSOD while gaming the last month.: Recently im having a lot of dumps playing games. The only games that gave me dumps were:- Resident Evil 8 when i open League of Legends.- Rainbow Six Siege no matter what im doing.- Outer Wilds no matter what im doing.I uninstalled drivers with ddu and installed a 5 month old...
  9. Bsod after getting stuck for loong time

Bsod after getting stuck for loong time: Hi! I have problem, my laptop is getting stuck just after connecting to the internet and it shows a bsod blue screen of death at bottom I saw a message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIOM please help me fix it!Additional infoLaptop name:- Sony Vaio Note book/pcInternet reciever:- IntelR...
  10. BSOD while playing Apex Legends , system restarted too quick that I was unable to read anything

BSOD while playing Apex Legends , system restarted too quick that I was unable to read anything: As stated , I was playing Apex Legends and the system went into Blue Screen in which it became super low resolution like the 1st time you install windows its automatically set to low resolution , it did create a Memory Dump file of size 1.4GB . I can upload the file if...