Windows 10: BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x0000009f)

Discus and support BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x0000009f) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (Updated 2015/12/01) I formatted my computer and installed a whole new windows 10, but it showed BSOD in the first restart. Please help me. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shhsutw, Nov 13, 2015.

1. shhsutw Win User

BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x0000009f)

(Updated 2015/12/01)
    I formatted my computer and installed a whole new windows 10, but it showed BSOD in the first restart.
    Please help me.
    Please read the new attached file.
    Thank you very much.
    ====================
    (I am a new user here and please forgive my poor English.)
    The BSOD only happens sometimes when I start or close my PC.
    Sometimes I cannot close or restart my PC, and it takes a ling time to start my PC.
    Other moments my PC runs normally.

Please help judge what was going wrong?
    Thank you.

:)

shhsutw, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Papsimus Win User
    Papsimus, Nov 13, 2015
  3. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

Hi,

BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, ffffe0012eecf800, ffffd0018cfa49b0}

Implicit thread is now ffffe001`2eecf800

Probably caused by : pci.sys

pci.sys is a Windows component which means something else drove it into Fault.

ffffd001`8a20fb58 fffff801`d0913058Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mfeaack.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfeaack.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfeaack.sys

mfeaack+0x53058

ffffd001`8a210bb0 fffff803`03ae7150Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys

mfehidk+0xc5150

Those are both McAfee.

1. McAfee is either the cause or helping to mask the cause. Fully uninstall McAfee and then run its Removal Tool to prevent trouble causing remnants. Use Windows Defender which in Windows 8/8.1& 10 is a full antivirus.

How to uninstall McAfee Windows security software using the Consumer Products Removal tool

https://service.mcafee.com/webcente...showHeader=false&_adf.ctrl-state=lebzqc6om_98

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

2. If this computer is new you definitely need to check with Lenovo Support. As OEM

Lenovo is responsible for the proper operation of both the hardware and Windows. So regardless of the cause it is theirs to resolve. And the unit is under full warranty and may be in need of repairs or replacement. Added that even if you are able to resolve
    the issue you would want it fully documented just in case there are related problems down the road. Remember the more you do the more they will say it is something you have done. Also contact the seller.

BiosVendor = LENOVO

BiosVersion = GLET89WW (2.43 )

BiosReleaseDate = 07/24/2017

SystemManufacturer = LENOVO

SystemProductName = 20AWS1HE00

SystemFamily = ThinkPad T440p

SystemVersion = ThinkPad T440p

SystemSKU = LENOVO_MT_20AW_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad T440p

BaseBoardManufacturer = LENOVO

BaseBoardProduct = 20AWS1HE00

BaseBoardVersion = Not Defined

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300M CPU @ 2.60GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2600

CurrentSpeed: 2594

Lenovo Support and downloads

Home Global Support

Lenovo Forums

English Community - Lenovo Community

3. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

4. After ALL the above if needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a

CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods below).

=====================================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

This "could" be a power supply problem though it is not the most common cause.

9f is likely a driver issue. Antivirus/antispyware/security programs can also cause

these issues.

Have you added devices lately or updated drivers - be sure to check in Windows

Updates to see if a driver was updated prior to this occurring. This could also be

caused by a loose card or cable and even a weak power supply.

That error means a driver is not handling the power state properly. Check in

Control Panel - Device Manager to be sure major drivers are not shut off

during sleep - double click Display Adapter - NIC and WIFI - Sound and

others - Power Management tab - uncheck Allow computer to turn off power.

Maybe only one has an issue.

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in MSCONFIG.exe

General Tab - check Diagnostic Start - APPLY / OK - REBOOT

Try it now. If it still blue screens think Video Driver. If not think NIC, Wifi,

Sound, or.....(and it still could be video interacting with something else).

BCCode: 9F 0x0000009F <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-...TATE-FAILURE-0x0000009F-*1167.html?order=date

----------------------------------------------------------

This is my generic how to for proper driver updates :

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded : Run DriverView -

set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without Dump in their

names. (also update the BIOS and low level chipset drivers)

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click Update Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and

Keyboard if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other

major device drivers you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback)

and then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get

their latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset and software updates at System

Maker's site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT After each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER

– Check manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/driverdlmfgr.htm

_____________________________________________________________________________

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If Driver Verifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we

can analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 13, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi shhsutw,

Before we proceed, you are required to remove every bypass on your system.
    Modified programs will make the system to behave in unexpected ways what causes crashes.
    Due to the modifications it is unreliable to analyse and most analysts won't try it.
    It'll only make the troubleshooting difficult, for you because it'll be extremely difficult to find a solution and for others it would be a waste of time.
    Code: 127.0.0.1 activation.acronis.com[/quote] Forum rules

5. shhsutw Win User
    (Updated 2015/12/01)
    I formatted my computer and installed a whole new windows 10, but it showed BSOD in the first restart.
    Please help me.
    Thank you very much.

shhsutw, Nov 29, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Better upload the file in your new post instead of the OP, I don't know what file you mean.

7. shhsutw Win User
    Hi axe0,
    What is OP?
    Names of attached files included the date, 12/1 is the new uploaded one.
    Thank you for quick response.
    Did you mean I should open a new thread?

shhsutw, Nov 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

OP is Openings Post or Openings Poster, at least that is how I translate it but can't be sure it is correct. Anyway it is about the same if it isn't correct translated.

Simply, please add the new zips to the new posts to prevent problems with the analyses *Smile

9. shhsutw Win User
    Please help me.
    Thank you very much.

shhsutw, Nov 30, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    I have reported your other thread, because 2 threads for the same problem is not needed.
    The other thread has been removed.

Please upload the new zip, you had uploaded in the other thread, in your new post *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x0000009f) - Similar Threads - BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

2. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  3. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  4. BSoD: 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD: 0x0000009f: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffe00bc9d1d050, 0xfffff88ab98a7178, 0xffffe00bc9ed88a0--------------------------------------------------------------------------I've recently built a new computer using my previous...
  5. BSoD: 0x0000009f

BSoD: 0x0000009f: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffe00bc9d1d050, 0xfffff88ab98a7178, 0xffffe00bc9ed88a0--------------------------------------------------------------------------I've recently built a new computer using my previous...
  6. BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi,I have an HP 845 G8 laptop which occasionally experiences random BSOD.I would like to ask for help in determining the offending driver since I do not know how to properly analyze the generated dump fileHere is the link to the minidump...
  7. BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi,I have an HP 845 G8 laptop which occasionally experiences random BSOD.I would like to ask for help in determining the offending driver since I do not know how to properly analyze the generated dump fileHere is the link to the minidump...
  8. BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe

9. BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, I had a BSOD the other day, and did a system image restore, and it did it again today, same 0x0000009f code. I use a program called Timed Shutdown, which puts the PC into hibernation. It is when I restart that the BSOD happens, judging by the time of the mini-dump. That...
  10. BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD: Driver power state failure - 0x0000009f - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, I had a BSOD the other day, and did a system image restore, and it did it again today, same 0x0000009f code. I use a program called Timed Shutdown, which puts the PC into hibernation. It is when I restart that the BSOD happens, judging by the time of the mini-dump. That...