Windows 10: BSODs after 20H2 update

Discus and support BSODs after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Getting a lot of BSODs after updating to 20H2. It happens right after start/restart PC, after it shows log on screen, in a few seconds it goes blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Henry Liu, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Henry Liu Win User

BSODs after 20H2 update

Getting a lot of BSODs after updating to 20H2. It happens right after start/restart PC, after it shows log on screen, in a few seconds it goes blank then back with a BSOD, saying "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area".

I've zipped minidump and uploaded it to my Onedrive here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aio38auAFx98ipRJQ3OWlGblX6b_UQ

Thanks for any help!

Henry

:)

Henry Liu, Mar 14, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 14, 2021
  3. sam11k Win User
    20H2 Update BSOD Problem -While Trying the Updating

Hello,

I have a BSOD Problem. While I trying to update my Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2 I always get BSOD at updating screen.

Already done with cmd command restore health and sfc scan but nothing happened

Here is a link of my minidump and .nfo files. bsod

Thank you all

sam11k, Mar 14, 2021
  4. BSODs after 20H2 update

BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 - Electric Boogaloo

Hello

I'm attempting to upgrade to 20H2 but have been stopped for the last couple of months by BSOD incurred by Intel Engine Management Interface.

I came across this thread which seemed promissing as the person involved had the same motherboard as and seemingly the same cause.
    I tried all of the suggestions in that thread in order to figure out what the cause or fix could be. Sadly none of them worked.

These are the steps I undertook in order:
    - Reseated the RAM (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Clean install (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Installed msi intel Management provided by MSI (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Disabled the device in device Management (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)

I've ran a short memtest to see if any quick issues popped and that was not the case.

BSODs after 20H2 update [​IMG]

I've updated the information on my profile to reflect my device as accurately as possible.

Log Files below
    DESKTOP-OGA4PO6-(2021-01-21_17-13-14).zip

DeWulfJens, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

BSODs after 20H2 update

1. BSODs after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - BSODs 20H2 update

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED After Update to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED After Update to 20H2: Hello,After my system recently updated to version 20H2 it will get a blue screen with the code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and then sometimes restart or be stuck after it completes at 100%. I did try updating all of my device drivers using 3DP but with no success. I also...
  3. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  4. After updated Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updated Windows 20H2: After i updated Windows 20H2, my Microsoft Edge is being slowlier than before, I don't know the reason why but it's have some sort of things like lagging and delays when i surfing Facebook or watching Youtube with Microsoft Edge even though i didn't use any apps or games,...
  5. Stuttering after 20H2 Update

Stuttering after 20H2 Update: I tried installing the chipset drivers, which I couldn't even install since they took ages. Had to revert the update. Can someone help? submitted by /u/DaveSFM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmjxgg/stuttering_after_20h2_update/
  6. Memory_Management BSOD after Windows Updated version 20H2

Memory_Management BSOD after Windows Updated version 20H2: I was having issue to update my Windows 10 since quite sometime now and I was advised to go for a system in-place upgrade. Last night I was able to do that and now I have the latest Windows 20H2 thank to al who helped get over that issue. Now today I faced my first BSOD...
  7. Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update

Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update: I very frequently get BSOD ever since the 20H2 update error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL I have read about this from others' questions on the forum and tried the solutions provided. I have clean installed my graphics drivers after completely removing them. After re...
  8. Problems after update to 20H2

Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...
  9. Bugs after 20H2 update

Bugs after 20H2 update: After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs: After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start After a restart if i try to open task manager it locks on not responding Today i experienced a bug where my entire desktop freezed and was in not...
  10. HDD related BSODs after 20H2 update

HDD related BSODs after 20H2 update: This is the fourth time I'm having a crash. Everything hangs up for like 25 minutes before BSOD. I don't have an error code or minidump, because it just don't want to save itself after a BSOD and every BSOD is visible for like 0.3 of a second. It started crashing after I...