Windows 10: BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

Discus and support BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In May this year I bought a second hand custombuilt pc, and after a few months it started getting BSODs pretty often. I tried tweaking some bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrandonSalway, Oct 4, 2022.

1. BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

In May this year I bought a second hand custombuilt pc, and after a few months it started getting BSODs pretty often. I tried tweaking some bios settings, most of the time lowering the dram frequency would fix it for a couple of days but the same problem would come back soon after, eventually I tried resetting Windows and that didn’t fix it either. A couple of weeks ago it blue screened again like it often would and I tried raising the dram frequency to see what would happen, and when i turned my computer back on all of the hardware inside the case lit up like it normally did but none of my pe

:)

BrandonSalway, Oct 4, 2022
  2. LPChip Win User

Does CMOS reset, Factoy reset data

Resetting the CMOS (aka BIOS) will only reset the settings inside the BIOS, not wipe your harddrive. They are the settings for your harddrive connection, cdrom, time/date and that kind of thing. If you never altered your BIOS settings, resetting them to factory should not make any important change.

But keep in mind, if you have changed the setting for SATA to support an onboard RAID controller, it is likely resetting this back to IDE. Although it will work, it will likely give weird results. So check on that bit right after the CMOS reset.

LPChip, Oct 4, 2022
  3. CMOS Reset (502) + No Wifi Options + No Battery Charge

I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible running Windows 11 version 21H2 with the following issues:

• Boots to blue screen"CMOS Reset (502) The CMOS checksum is invalid" and then proceeds to normal OS except:
    • Network & Internet will not detect any wifi network (though there are several available) Device manager shows intel(r) wifi-6 ax200 = This device cannot start (Code 10). Rollback Driver in device management is no longer an available option.
    • Power detects the charger while connected but unit immediately loses power once disconnected.
    Troubleshooting steps completed:

• Multiple hardware diagnostic tests with no indication of issue
    • Rollback for drivers (doing this would allow an internet connection but power issues persisted)
    • Complete factory reset & OS reinstall (locally, without USB)
    What are my next steps to avoid unnecessary cost and/or further trial & error:

• Restore to new OS from USB?
    • Go somewhere for more thorough hardware diagnostic?
    Thank you !

StephOrlandi, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Zurb Win User

BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

extend reset cmos

I have a Abit kv8 pro 3rd-eye mobo. And the problem is that my reset cmos jumper is right under my Gfx *Bang Head :banghead: So I wonder... can I extend it? Or will bad things happen? I was thinking: maybe a switch on my case*Confused BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset :confused:

Zurb, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

1. BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset - Similar Threads - BSODs CMOS reset

2. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  3. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  4. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Random crash after a CMOS reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crash after a CMOS reset: Hello, guys! I reset my CMOS and the crashes that I had stopped. But today, I started my PC and had another crash. For a moment, I thought that the crash was the same from before, but when analysing it I could see some differences. Can you tell me what is CHECKPOINT: 16,...
  6. Random crash after a CMOS reset

Random crash after a CMOS reset: Hello, guys! I reset my CMOS and the crashes that I had stopped. But today, I started my PC and had another crash. For a moment, I thought that the crash was the same from before, but when analysing it I could see some differences. Can you tell me what is CHECKPOINT: 16,...
  7. BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs after CMOS reset and factory reset: In May this year I bought a second hand custombuilt pc, and after a few months it started getting BSODs pretty often. I tried tweaking some bios settings, most of the time lowering the dram frequency would fix it for a couple of days but the same problem would come back soon...
  8. BSoD before and after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD before and after Factory Reset: Just factory reset after experiencing BSoD Critical Process Died every other day. Decreasing my start-up load helped massively, and it seems like I had issue with some memory driver, as sometimes computer didnt have memory device to boot from, or something like that.I factory...
  9. BSoD before and after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD before and after Factory Reset: Just factory reset after experiencing BSoD Critical Process Died every other day. Decreasing my start-up load helped massively, and it seems like I had issue with some memory driver, as sometimes computer didnt have memory device to boot from, or something like that.I factory...
  10. BSoD before and after Factory Reset