Windows 10: BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?

Discus and support BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys, Not sure if anybody's gotten this and fixed it or if they could help me out with this though I've tried most of the options suggested. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by peanutcat, Apr 9, 2022.

1. peanutcat Win User

BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?

Hi guys, Not sure if anybody's gotten this and fixed it or if they could help me out with this though I've tried most of the options suggested. Not much of a tech person so I'm not good at this stuff but I'm currently unable to boot into windows 11 after a trial installation of the ccleaner driver updater and running it which sent me into BSODs each time I turn on my laptop. Basically can't get into the 'desktop' part at all but the recovery environment and BSODs.Crazy that it can tank your whole system just through a simple 'update drivers' button. Tried most options there ever was suggested

:)

peanutcat, Apr 9, 2022
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 9, 2022
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Sapphire 4850 bsod on new install

That could be it. Just a suggestion, never do any hardware driver updates via Windows update in the future, just download the critical updates and leave it at that. When thats done then install hardware drivers that you got from the manufacturer's site.

4. niko084 Win User

BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

1. BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help? - Similar Threads - BSODs installation running

2. my ethernet driver isn't installed and wont install can anybody help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ethernet driver isn't installed and wont install can anybody help me?: my ethernet driver isn't installed and wont install can anybody help me?ive tried ever thing online im open to suggestions i just built this pc it was working then disappeared...
  3. my ethernet driver isn't installed and wont install can anybody help me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my ethernet driver isn't installed and wont install can anybody help me?: my ethernet driver isn't installed and wont install can anybody help me?ive tried ever thing online im open to suggestions i just built this pc it was working then disappeared...
  4. another bsod if anybody can help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another bsod if anybody can help: link to the dmp file.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHgAJu3gAgfxRRPvGzZphjnl_v6?e=ZEAdU7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-bsod-if-anybody-can-help/0335c378-a3f9-4c95-b77e-e9c41c1e8378
  5. another bsod if anybody can help

another bsod if anybody can help: link to the dmp file.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHgAJu3gAgfxRRPvGzZphjnl_v6?e=ZEAdU7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-bsod-if-anybody-can-help/0335c378-a3f9-4c95-b77e-e9c41c1e8378
  6. BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?

BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?: Hi guys, Not sure if anybody's gotten this and fixed it or if they could help me out with this though I've tried most of the options suggested. Not much of a tech person so I'm not good at this stuff but I'm currently unable to boot into windows 11 after a trial installation...
  7. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  8. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  9. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?: submitted by /u/kevinlar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb3iak/frequent_bsod_can_anybody_help_diagnose/