Windows 10: BSODs after mobo returns from warranty

Discus and support BSODs after mobo returns from warranty in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good evening, I have the following setup, which I had several BSODs in the start of the year. After some time, my RMA process got approved, I actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GioSbrugnera, Apr 29, 2020.

1. BSODs after mobo returns from warranty

Good evening,

I have the following setup, which I had several BSODs in the start of the year. After some time, my RMA process got approved, I actually got an upgrade for the mobo (MAX version of MSI B450 TOMAHAWK).

Still, after installing with same hardware (all new), BSODs still happened. I hosted the dump files in my google drive, if someone has the ability to analyze and track down the actual issue, I would really appreciate it (LINK TO FOLDER WITH 3 BSODs SO FAR)

Setup:

Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk, Chipset AMD AM4 (now it is the MAX version!) CPU/Processor - AMD Ryzen 3700X, 32 MB, 3.6GHz - 4.6GHz MAX TURBO AM4 RAM - 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeange LPX 3000MHz (P/N - CMK8GX4M1D3000C16) Storage - 1 x SSD Crucial MX500 500GB (P/N - CT500MX500SSD1) ; Read: 560MB/S, Write: 510MB/s, SATA 3 PSU - Cooler Master MWE 750W, 80 Plus Gold, PFC Active, (P/N - MPY-7501-ACAAG-WO) Graphics Card - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Peripherals - Mouse: Logitech G603 (wireless), Keyboard: Logitech G413 Carbon, Headphones: HyperX Cloud Stinger Monitor - Acer kg241q (23.6" 1ms)

Userbenchmark:

UserBenchmarks: Game 98%, Desk 91%, Work 90%

Model​
    Bench
    CPU
    91.7%
    GPU
    106.4%
    SSD
    106.8%
    RAM
    80.5%
    MBD

Bios updated, version - 7C02v36

submitted by /u/GioSbrugnera
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GioSbrugnera, Apr 29, 2020

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Apr 29, 2020
  4. BSODs after mobo returns from warranty

BSOD when gaming windows 10

Thanks for this. I am currently running the command prompt steps. Will re installing Nvidia cost anything? Also, this is a new laptop which i bought a couple of days ago so I can return it since it has warranty. But I have alot of my files and things on the computer now so i'd rather not return it if i can fix the problem myself. What would you suggest I do?

stonebuster1, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

BSODs after mobo returns from warranty

1. BSODs after mobo returns from warranty - Similar Threads - BSODs mobo returns

2. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  3. BSOD: BthA2dp.sys fails after returning from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: BthA2dp.sys fails after returning from hibernation: Hello,The title pretty much summarizes my problem, here are the details:I use a Sony SRS-XB21 as a Bluetooth PC speaker for my desktop computer. The dongle is ASUS brand, Bluetooth 4.0, model USB-BT400. The PC is configured to hibernate. Now the problem: If the speaker is off...
  4. Return MS Keyboard 4000 under warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return MS Keyboard 4000 under warranty: I have been on the website for 4 hours trying to figure out how to return a keyboard that is under warranty. Every link I click takes me back to where I started. When you call the number it says go to the website. when you go to the website there is nowhere to report it....
  5. Return of the BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Return of the BSOD...: Hello I am having terrible problems with my PC, many BSOD back-to-back. I posted here a few months back: BSOD Crashes - Help! ntkrnlmp.exe This helped for a while and BSOD frequency went down, but the issues have returned.... New V2 this morning: Microsoft OneDrive -...
  6. Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data: I am returning my Surface tablet for a warranty exchange. Are there any precautions I should take with my data on the PC (Windows 10 Pro)? . I have already deactivated the Windows 10 license and copied my data, but is there any risk of my passwords (I am using Google Chrome)...
  7. Randomly BSOD after change MOBO

Randomly BSOD after change MOBO: Hi guys, how are you doing? I'm facing a problem that's driving me crazy. 2 weeks before I've replaced my old MOBO(ASRock A320M-HD) that becomes intermittent and sometimes power on, sometimes don't, to a new MOBO(ASUS A320K/BR). My specs are: Ryzen 3 2200G @3.5Ghz stock...
  8. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation, after returning from holiday

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation, after returning from holiday: So this is my 1st post hello everyone! note: I did upgrade C: to SSD and other drive to Seagate Hybrid-SSD a few months ago but all went ok and day to day tasks much faster, no crashing or BSOD after upgrade. Since returning home from holiday (28th August) my pc has started...
  9. BSODs, failing mobo?

BSODs, failing mobo?: Hey, what's up all. Recently, over the span of 3 days, I've been experiencing multiple BSODs. First couple times the BSOD was caused by a driver, which I've removed. Despite this, I'm still getting random BSODs (I just had one 20-30 minutes ago), except this time the bug...
  10. Returning BSODs

Returning BSODs: So, about a year ago, I was getting BSODs constantly, got it fixed in this thread: http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cras...ng-videos.html Basically, I replaced my RAM and acquired a legitimate copy of Windows 8, which has since then been upgraded to 10. The problem has...