Windows 10: BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps

Discus and support BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been trying to debug a computer that I built for a friend and have not been able to solve the issue. The computer has only crashed while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarCylinder, Jul 14, 2020.

1. BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps

I have been trying to debug a computer that I built for a friend and have not been able to solve the issue. The computer has only crashed while rendering video in Adobe Premier, playing Call of Duty (not any other video game), and when waking up from Sleep.

The computer will never write any minidumps regardless of minidump settings or paging file size. Whocrashed sees no signs of a crash. Event viewer does not show anything at the time of the crash. Driver Verifier is unable to trigger a crash. Peripherals were removed, Windows was reinstalled, and the most recent drivers were installed for all hardware. This did not resolve the issue. The RAM passes Memcheck and Windows memory diagnostic.

I attempted turning the "power mode" to balanced and disabling fast boot as well, to no avail. I checked the BIOS for other power settings related to sleep mode. I saw something online about a C6 sleep state, or something of that nature, but no such setting exists on this motherboard.

The BSOD codes when waking the computer up from sleep are "Critical Process Died" and "System Service Exception". There is no BSOD when the computer crashes while Adobe Premier or Call of Duty are running. Note, other video games have not triggered the crash. BSODs never get past 0% after a crash, which is why there are no minidumps. I just can't figure out why it gets stuck in the first place.

I know I've gone through other debugging steps as well at this point, but have found nothing. At this point I'd assume some hardware driver is not playing nice, or there is an issue with the NVMe or PSU. But it's really just a guess. I don't have spare parts laying around that I can swap with.

The computer specs are as follows:
    Windows 10
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
    MSI B450 Tomahawk
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16)
    WD SN750 250GB M2
    Seagate 2TB Barracuda
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    EVGA 650GQ (650W, 80+ Gold)

Happy to provide more information if needed. Thanks in advance.

:)

MarCylinder, Jul 14, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jul 14, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 14, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps

Computer Black Screen

When there is a black screen click the following 4 keys simultaneously and report what you see and hear into the thread:
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
    (you can practice when there is no black screen)

There are log collectors used in another forum room.
    Run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions

List the antivirus software in use on the computer.

zbook, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps

1. BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps - Similar Threads - BSODs Black Screens

2. KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS Attached Logs and MiniDumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS Attached Logs and MiniDumps: I keep getting BSOD & sometimes stuck at black screen while playing games, while my laptop is idle, or whenever I can't seem to find the problem. i tried the memory diagnostic and the result were there's no error. Here are my event logs can someone help me with...
  3. KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS Attached Logs and MiniDumps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS Attached Logs and MiniDumps: I keep getting BSOD & sometimes stuck at black screen while playing games, while my laptop is idle, or whenever I can't seem to find the problem. i tried the memory diagnostic and the result were there's no error. Here are my event logs can someone help me with...
  4. Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on: So basically. 1 year ago the problem started. I turned off my computer, went to sleep and then next morning I could not turn on the computer. The lights work, fans work, but all I get is a black screen. I do not know what to do. I tried to open Bios 100x with all possible...
  5. Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on: So basically. 1 year ago the problem started. I turned off my computer, went to sleep and then next morning I could not turn on the computer. The lights work, fans work, but all I get is a black screen. I do not know what to do. I tried to open Bios 100x with all possible...
  6. Computer will not boot up and also black screen when turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD, MINIDUMP, BLUE SCREEN EVERYDAY

BSOD, MINIDUMP, BLUE SCREEN EVERYDAY: I get BSOD everyday as I use my PC and it kind of frustrating every time, I do not know what causes it. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.685 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  8. BSOD and black screen. Link to minidumps.

BSOD and black screen. Link to minidumps.: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRszA5ucZqKgoIyDGm6JmVNJBXSTQ?e=4RkkNd Ryzen 5 3600x MSI 1660 Super MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard WD Blue 500gb SSD 1x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM. other RAM stick was dead Cause? Any help appreciated....
  9. BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps

in Windows 10 Support
    BSODs and Black Screens, oh my. Also, computer won't write minidumps: I have been trying to debug a computer that I built for a friend and have not been able to solve the issue. The computer has only crashed while rendering video in Adobe Premier, playing Call of Duty (not any other video game), and when waking up from Sleep. The computer will...
  10. Black screen after writing my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after writing my password: Hello everyone, I'm looking for help because after writing my password I just have a looooong blackscreen that never disappear. I tried to follow many tutorials on internet but all of them need an access to the task manager that I can't use (I can use ctrl + alt + del to open...