Windows 10: BSODs and Computer not updating

Discus and support BSODs and Computer not updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HelloFor the last couple of days my laptop has been crashing with BSODs I don't know why and when I try to update my laptop with the new windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akul_6309, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Akul_6309 Win User

BSODs and Computer not updating

HelloFor the last couple of days my laptop has been crashing with BSODs I don't know why and when I try to update my laptop with the new windows update, It tried updating but it always shows this message given in the picture. Can someone tell me what to do? Also the BSOD occurs like 5-10 minutes after the laptop boots and it reboots again, and I can't do anything with the laptop cos of this loop that keeps happening

:)

Akul_6309, Jun 5, 2021

2. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Jun 5, 2021
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSODs and Computer not updating [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 5, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSODs and Computer not updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

1. BSODs and Computer not updating - Similar Threads - BSODs Computer updating

2. Why? update Bsods computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why? update Bsods computer: So why did you POS update brick my pc? It forced updated on my pc and bypassed my settings TO NOT UPDATE ONLY WHEN I TELL IT TO. But instead did it on its own whim, it acted normal for a moment suddenly the pc began to do a loop restart after about 3 or 4 times of this, it...
  3. Why? update Bsods computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why? update Bsods computer: So why did you POS update brick my pc? It forced updated on my pc and bypassed my settings TO NOT UPDATE ONLY WHEN I TELL IT TO. But instead did it on its own whim, it acted normal for a moment suddenly the pc began to do a loop restart after about 3 or 4 times of this, it...
  4. Why? update Bsods computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer BSOD: Turns out it wasn't my adapter failing 9: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis...
  6. Computer bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bsod: HI, Had error 219 in event log 219 error wudfrd failed to load for the device hid error in event viewer Ive updated drivers. not happened again was wondering if you could help. Ive attached my dmp file [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Computer BSODs

Computer BSODs: Hello, I have had a great deal of problems with my computer that I built in 2018. For about 5 months it went without any crashes/errors. From that point on, I have been plagued with numerous BSODs. I could be doing anything: Watching videos on Youtube or Netflix,...
  8. Computer BSOD

Computer BSOD: I recently built my own computer and activated it with a Windows 10 digital retail key. I have been having some issues with my computer having BSOD's since I activated it. Many of these blue screens seem to have something to do with system file failure and kernel security...
  9. Computer BSOD

Computer BSOD: I've been having system restarts and BSODs for the past 2.5 weeks! somebody please help me decode this mini dump file. I've tried re-installing drivers/ 2 factory resets/ and many other suggestions. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\091819-7812-01.dmp] Mini...
  10. BSOD after driver updates - Multiple computers

BSOD after driver updates - Multiple computers: I recently started working for a MSP and I'm learning the ropes, so bear with me. I deployed driver updates for a client, and three computers have BSOD'd today. I've tried disabling drivers, updating, the whole 9 yards. I can only start the PC in safe mode. I...