Windows 10: BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing

Discus and support BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP 255 G7 laptop which I bought in September 2019. At some point in early spring, more often than not when I turn it on the spinning wheel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Losraio, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Losraio Win User

BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing

I have an HP 255 G7 laptop which I bought in September 2019. At some point in early spring, more often than not when I turn it on the spinning wheel animation freezes and then it either throws a BSOD with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and then reboots successfully into Windows or unfreezes itself and continues booting normally. I have tried reinstalling multiple times after creating an installation USB using Microsoft's official media creation tool and even then the problem persists. During some of my clean installs, it would just stop booting at all and enter an infinite automatic repair l

:)

Losraio, Jun 17, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 17, 2021
  4. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing :)

cplpro, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing - Similar Threads - BSODs corrupt files

2. Random BSODs even after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs even after clean windows install: Since January my laptop has been getting Random BSODs, the error codes are different, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. The crashes used to happen rarely and I never thought much about it. They got worse and I decided to update to Windows 11. They got...
  3. Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.: Hello, I have a PC mainly used for gaming.It gets a BSOD sometimes most commonly DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER.I don't really know what causes all this but I have the minidumps so I'll share it with those who want to help.Any helping comment is highly appreciated.The dump...
  4. BSOD even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD even after clean install of Windows: Hi guys, I've been having BSODs randomly throughout the day for the past 2 weeks, did all kinds of debugging trying to address it with no luck. Just did a fresh install last night and ran windows memtest with no error overnight but this morning I got 2 more BSOD. System...
  5. BSOD persists even after a clean install

BSOD persists even after a clean install: The last few days I found my Windows 10 encountering BSOD, with a few other minor problems I was having, I just decided to do a fresh install. Even during the setup process and ever since the the blue screen still continues. For the sake of it, I have some driver updates and...
  6. BSOD Even After Clean Windows Install

BSOD Even After Clean Windows Install: About a month or two ago I started getting BSOD while gaming. I tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps and nothing worked, so I decided to go for a clean Windows install. I didn't keep any personal files. I didn't get a BSOD for a few days, then it started up again. I get one...
  7. Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Frequent BSODs even after clean install: Hey everyone, Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however lately my computer has been giving me nothing but trouble. Basically I am getting random BSODs, several unique ones, also...
  8. Random BSODs even after clean install

Random BSODs even after clean install: Hello all! I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment. About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers NVIDIA Dedicated GPU, and I got presented with a BSOD. I do...
  9. Mulitple BSOD even after clean installation

Mulitple BSOD even after clean installation: Hello, I have been getting BSOD (probably all of them, I took pictures and almost everytime it was different...) on and on for a while now. I did clean reset my computer but it did not solve anything. Here is a link to my dmp files and system info:...
  10. Corrupted Files Problem (even after clean install)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupted Files Problem (even after clean install): Hello everbody, I recently bought a new pc with windows 10 installed and had some problems concerning windows store updates. I found that I had a lot of corrupted files and as it normally happens the sfc /scannow or dism could not take care of all of them. I made a clean...