Windows 10: BSODs and crashing in applications

Discus and support BSODs and crashing in applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After reinstalling windows 2 times, installing all drivers, trying a different set of RAM, running several different softwares to check drive sectors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MadeNoMistake, Apr 23, 2020.

1. BSODs and crashing in applications

After reinstalling windows 2 times, installing all drivers, trying a different set of RAM, running several different softwares to check drive sectors for proper health, monitoring temps, among other things, I’m stilling running into annoying BSODs using Windows, and I just can’t pinpoint a cause.

—————

WhoCrashed is reporting the following errors from BSODs:

-SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M (caused by fltmgr.sys)

(caused by ntoskrn.exeBSODs and crashing in applications :)

-PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

-KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

-IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (think I’ve fixed this one since driver updates, not sure)

“..system thread generated an exception which the air handler did not catch” on SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPT...

“Invalid system memory has been referenced” on PAGE FAULT...

“..detected the corruption of a critical data structure” on SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

submitted by /u/MadeNoMistake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MadeNoMistake, Apr 23, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Apr 23, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSODs and crashing in applications

Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to the 10forums BSODs and crashing in applications :)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 97639

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

There seem to be a lot of app crashes from Realtek audio, I would suggest a reinstallation of the drivers.
    Code:
    Code:
    21-Aug-16 3:01 AM    Application Error    Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000bdae8 Faulting process id: 0x17fc Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fb583f288932 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c3783804-5bbb-48bb-81c6-7c5a80871493 Faulting package full name:  Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thema:

BSODs and crashing in applications

1. BSODs and crashing in applications - Similar Threads - BSODs crashing applications

2. Regular application crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular application crashes and BSODs: I am currently experiencing regular crashes of different applications on my machine. Most prominent are crashes of jvm applications which are always caused by anEXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005When proceeding to restart those applications then my OS will eventially crash...
  3. Regular application crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular application crashes and BSODs: I am currently experiencing regular crashes of different applications on my machine. Most prominent are crashes of jvm applications which are always caused by anEXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005When proceeding to restart those applications then my OS will eventially crash...
  4. Regular application crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lots of BSOD's and application crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of BSOD's and application crashes: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Intel 9900kNvidia RTX 3070 FE Corsair Vengeance RGB 2 x 16 GB Replaced with Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB x 2 last night - XMP off Everything updated, proper drivers, etc During gaming I'll get a BSOD sometimes and usually it'll say memory management...
  6. Lots of BSOD's and application crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of BSOD's and application crashes: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Intel 9900kNvidia RTX 3070 FE Corsair Vengeance RGB 2 x 16 GB Replaced with Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB x 2 last night - XMP off Everything updated, proper drivers, etc During gaming I'll get a BSOD sometimes and usually it'll say memory management...
  7. Lots of BSOD's and application crashes

8. recurring bsod and application crashes

recurring bsod and application crashes: i posted a question about recurring system crashes earlier today, this is regarding the same issue. i have uploaded the dump files memory.dmp and the minidump folder along with logs from dism.exe file check to the documents folder in OneDrive, i hope this helps diagnose and...
  9. BSOD and application crashes

BSOD and application crashes: Hi, I've been having ongoing blue screens and application crashes and I'm very lost on what to do. I have reinstalled Windows 10 fresh today, after formatting my two storage devices entirely, and during the install process I had 1 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD and since...
  10. Application Crashes and BSOD Issues

Application Crashes and BSOD Issues: Recently my computer has been suffering from game crashes and now bsods. I have fenagled with device drivers, reinstalling and rolling in an attempt to find something more stable. I have run memtest and multiple CHKDSK to make sure the ram and drives are stable. At the moment...