Windows 10: BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

Discus and support BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I've been having recent issues with random BSODs and more importantly low FPS on certain 3D games with low GPU usage and low FPS and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ahmac, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Ahmac Win User

BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

Hi everyone,I've been having recent issues with random BSODs and more importantly low FPS on certain 3D games with low GPU usage and low FPS and have not been able to find a solid answer as to why. I was able to play games like Sea of Thieves and Shadow of War with 144 FPS 6 months ago, but now these games along with most other 3D games such as It Takes Two or A Way Out run at 3-38 FPS. Oddly enough, I can still play Overwatch and Fall Guys with normal 120-144 FPS without issue. Other online games like League of Legends also run fine. I haven't downloaded any new software aside from GPU and Wi

:)

Ahmac, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Seren Win User

GPU Low fps, high load, low temps

Hello,

I'm having issues with my gpu. Videogames suddenly have super low fps compared to what it used to be like a few weeks ago. There's terrilble fps even at the lowest settings: ~20fps.
    Only thing that changed on my system are windows updates. It's version 1903 now.
    Normally I'd get good fps and the temp would rise but not exceed 70C.
    When videogames run the GPU temp stays around 35C as if it's idle but GPU load is 100%. CPU is around 50% during videogames.

Power saving in bios and windows are disabled.
    System is not being overclocked.
    No parked cores.
    Drivers and windows are the latest update
    Virus/malware free

Specs:
    Z97P-D3
    i7 4790k @ 4.00GHz
    16gb ram @ 666.5 MHz
    GTX 560 SE
    650W PSU

Thanks in advance,

Seren, Jan 22, 2022
  3. mohammad9933, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Don_714 Win User

Low FPS Problems

One Thing I had realize Is that On windows 7 there is no low fps and I have windows 10 and Intel core I.3 chip and the computer is brand new. Fro some reason I have Low Fps and don't worry I did a virus scan already.

Don_714, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup - Similar Threads - BSODs Low FPS

2. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  3. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  4. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  5. BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup: Hi everyone,I've been having recent issues with random BSODs and more importantly low FPS on certain 3D games with low GPU usage and low FPS and have not been able to find a solid answer as to why. I was able to play games like Sea of Thieves and Shadow of War with 144 FPS 6...
  6. BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup: Hi everyone,I've been having recent issues with random BSODs and more importantly low FPS on certain 3D games with low GPU usage and low FPS and have not been able to find a solid answer as to why. I was able to play games like Sea of Thieves and Shadow of War with 144 FPS 6...
  7. low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    low gpu usage: I have been playing warzone as of late and when i look at process explorer my gpu is only at 16% usage and its using 70% cpu im not sure whats wrong its not a bottle neck i dont think i run a ryzen 5 3600 and a 2060 ko anyone know a potential fix? submitted by /u/kang87-...
  8. Low GPU usage issue.

Low GPU usage issue.: While I'm playing games I get low GPU usage and experience lag in frame drops and low fps in general. I have TITAN V and don't know why this is happening. Steps I've already done: Reinstall drivers Reinstall games Used Program Capability Troubleshooter Thanks....
  9. Low GPU usage issue.

Low GPU usage issue.: I recently got an issue where when I play games I have low GPU usage but also experience low fps drops and low fps in general. My pc specs: CPU: Intel i7-670K GPU: NVIDIA TITAN V I also have 48GB of RAM don't ask why this number. Thank you....
  10. Low FPS/GPU

Low FPS/GPU: I got this Gaming Laptop that is a ASUS - ROG Strix G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - 512GB SSD - Electro Punk I got it around August and wasn't playing it for games, mostly just for school. Later on i had started playing...