Windows 10: BSODs and Other Problems for a while now

Discus and support BSODs and Other Problems for a while now in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So in the past 2 months, my laptop, an ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE has been experiencing multiple problems that I just can't seem to solve. At first, it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmazingDerp, Dec 22, 2020.

1. BSODs and Other Problems for a while now

So in the past 2 months, my laptop, an ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE has been experiencing multiple problems that I just can't seem to solve. At first, it was random BSODs that happened randomly, whether my laptop was under stress or not. They were "unexpected store exception", "kernel data inpage error" and sometimes after a restart from a BSOD, "critical process died" after a bit of hanging. After a while, I just decided to do a full reset and reinstall Windows on my laptop.

That solved problems for a while, but recently I'm getting "unexpected store exception" occasionally. I suspected something was wrong with my Windows build, so I attempted to update Windows. But when I tried, I ran into a problem at 100%, showing the error code 0x80071160. I ran the windows update troubleshooter, and it didn't fix anything. I then tried running sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, but both failed with errors sfc with "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation at 48% and DISM with "the specified buffer contains ill-formed data". I have tried running those in a clean boot and a safe mode, and both failed at the same 48%. I also tried chkdsk, which didn't fix the problem either. I'm starting to suspect a hardware problem.

Using bluescreenview, I can see that my BSOD has a bugcheck code of 0x00000154 caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I uploaded the minidump file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbe8yi22u3f4gv9/122220-64500-01.dmp?dl=0

Can anyone help solve this problem? Thanks.

:)

AmazingDerp, Dec 22, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSODs and Other Problems for a while now [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

BSODs and Other Problems for a while now

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

BSODs and Other Problems for a while now

1. BSODs and Other Problems for a while now - Similar Threads - BSODs Problems while

2. BSOD's and other problems. minidumps linked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's and other problems. minidumps linked: Ryzen 5 3600x MSI 1660 Super MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard WD Blue 500gb SSD 1x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM. other RAM stick was dead I have had several blue screens for the past couple days with different errors. I have also had my computer freeze with audio...
  3. Stuck on v1909,BSOD on updates, now other major problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on v1909,BSOD on updates, now other major problems: I have Windows 10 Home. I’ve not been able to update v1909 since last spring. I get a BSOD a few hours in the process maybe 3.5 - 4hours. Last week a patch I installed on Norton 360 my antivirusprogram caused my computer to become unresponsive killed my OS. The mostlikely...
  4. i want to know what is the problem bsod/black screen for a while now

i want to know what is the problem bsod/black screen for a while now: helllo everyone cpu i5 9600k gpu gtx 1660ti btw everything said here it happening while im using the pc like when im gaming or researching watching anything so i ve been experincing bsod mostly critcal procces died and for some reason when this type of bsod happen...
  5. BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps

BSOD While Gaming and Other Apps: Recently, my computer has been blue screening after I open up a video game and try to play it. This happens within the first 5 or so minutes of playing the game. I have reset my computer to the factory state and I have uninstalled windows then reinstalled the latest version...
  6. Getting random BSODs for a while now

Getting random BSODs for a while now: Hello, I'm about to get mad whit this because I have literally no idea about what may be causing my pc to crash, basically I've been getting BSODs randomly while gaming or just watching videos on youtube... I must say that I have already formatted my pc and still got the...
  7. BSOD for a while now

BSOD for a while now: Recently obtained a new graphics card and new hard drive. Do not have an activated version of windows but I do have all updated drivers. Not sure what all these blue screens are resulting from. At this point im guessing faulty ram of some sort. 36744
  8. BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes)

BSOD while gaming (vermintide.exe + other causes): About 2 months ago I went for a full-on upgrade and splurged on a new mobo, ram, cpu, AIO cooler and monitor, and decided to take the plunge and finally do a fresh install of Windows 10. Recently I've been hit with relentless bluescreens however. I've been having...
  9. Crashed while playing game, now repeated BSOD

Crashed while playing game, now repeated BSOD: I was playing the game "dungeonmans" and got a crash where my screen went black, and nothing further happened, eventually I powered off the laptop by holding down the power button. Now the laptop boots fine, but after having it on for 5-10 minutes it gets a BSOD and shows the...
  10. BSOD - Memory Management & others while gaming/browsing

BSOD - Memory Management & others while gaming/browsing: Quite an array of different codes been popping up since I upgraded to windows 10 in the last couple of months irql_not_less_or_equal memory management was another one I have attached several dumps, as I am a bit at my wits end as to what is actually causing it. I...