Windows 10: BSODs associated with network adapters

Discus and support BSODs associated with network adapters in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My new Lenovo Edge 15 experiences a few BSODs. It came with Win8 and I upgraded to Windows10 right after purchasing. I've updated every device, BIOS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrojanShawn, Nov 10, 2015.

1. BSODs associated with network adapters

My new Lenovo Edge 15 experiences a few BSODs. It came with Win8 and I upgraded to Windows10 right after purchasing. I've updated every device, BIOS, etc. but still lots of problems. Lenovo wants me to revert to Windows 8 to isolate if it's a hardware or OS problem. I want to see if there is a better fix before going that route.

All the BSODs seem to be related to the wireless adapter, which itself crashes without always causing a BSOD - I'll lose connection and have to restart to get it back. Then sometimes get a BSOD during the restart - usually Driver Power State Failure.

The main 3 BSOD are:
    Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL QCAMAIN0x64.sys,
    wdiwifi.sys,
    Driver_Power_State_Failure

I created the log file.
    Attachment 47489

More recently the screen started flickering and going green, but that seems like something totally unrelated. I'm definitely frustrated, because otherwise I like the laptop! Didn't think I'd have all these issues with Lenovo!

Thanks for the help!

:)

TrojanShawn, Nov 10, 2015

2. Blue screen of death: Driver less than or Equal netwew010.sys

What is the make and model of your laptop?

This seems to be associated with your network adapter.

press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Cagedgimp Win User
    BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys) 1-2 minutes after getting a network connection

Upgraded my laptop with no problems but my other PC is getting the BSOD with the message SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys).

It only happens when I get a network connection after a minute or so. I have tried various different network adapters with no joy. If I restart without an adapter plugged in, everything seems stable and I do not get any BSOD until I plug the adapter again

Cagedgimp, Nov 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSODs associated with network adapters

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

BSODs associated with network adapters [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with DriverDoc, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Winthruster is a program you won't need, please remove it while troubleshooting. I have used it myself to find out what it exactly does, but I find it garbage. Of course I have done a clean install after using Winthruster.

Please check your manufacturer for driver updates
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Qcamain10x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Qcamain10x64.sys 1: kd> lmvm Qcamain10x64 start end module name fffff801`b90d0000 fffff801`b932e000 Qcamain10x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Qcamain10x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Qcamain10x64.sys Image name: Qcamain10x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 24 15:28:46 2015 (558AB08E) CheckSum: 00247E6E ImageSize: 0025E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please uninstall Avast while troubleshooting
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: ffffd000`22237378 fffff800`d0f01400Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswStm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys aswStm+0x1400[/quote] The crashes are network related
    The windows drivers below are related to the network, this means either the network drivers or 3rd party drivers are causing problems
    Code: ffffd000`22237a68 fffff800`c9304120 tcpip!gAleNullSid ffffd000`22237a78 fffff800`c8076e98 NETIO!KfdAleRemoveFlowContextTable+0x148[/quote] In your case, if you have used DriverDoc, your network drivers are corrupted which causes the crashes.
    If you haven't, Avast isn't requesting data from the internet on the right way which causes the network drivers being marked as the cause.
    In either way I suggest you uninstall Avast while troubleshooting.

Thema:

BSODs associated with network adapters

1. BSODs associated with network adapters - Similar Threads - BSODs associated network

2. BSOD possibly associated network drivers?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD possibly associated network drivers?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  3. Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter: What happened to my RNDIS network adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter/b2c762ee-fae8-4ee4-a60c-9b57cf94a34a
  4. BSOD Possible linked to network adapter?

BSOD Possible linked to network adapter?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  5. BSOD possibly associated network drivers?

BSOD possibly associated network drivers?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  6. Network adapter

Network adapter: Hi. I have a laptop with windows 10. Ive tried to connect to the internet but it is saying “windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter” Ive never had this issue before. Could always connect to the wifi. thanks....
  7. Network adapter

Network adapter: Hi guys ! So i did a pretty dumb thing. I uninstalled all my network adapters. I went to device manager and clicked on search for hardware changes. Now under network adapter is intelr etc. but it has a exclamation mark and it's saying that it requests further installation. I...
  8. Network adapters

Network adapters: I have just had to reinstall windows on my new computer after I was locked out as I did not have a bitlocker security key. Now I cannot access the internet. It says that Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. Any idea how i reinstall?...
  9. Network Adapter BSOD loop, 0x000000c8

Network Adapter BSOD loop, 0x000000c8: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I am still running the windows 7 drivers for my Killer Wireless-N 1103 Network Adapter. Whenever I download or upload at high speeds I get a BSOD "IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE" bug check code 0x000000c8, which would be at least once a day. I'm...
  10. BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter?

BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter?: Hi, Recently, I'm getting BSOD on a random basis. Sometimes, it happens while working on a Word document, sometimes while browsing the web etc. I was trying to figure out the problem with the "who crashed" tool. It recognized problem with tcpip.sys ; e1c65x64.sys...