Windows 10: BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images

Discus and support BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'd appreciate any help I can get on this one. A couple of days ago, whenever I used Chrome or Edge, the window would close as soon as I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam Facey, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Sam Facey Win User

BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images

Hi, I'd appreciate any help I can get on this one. A couple of days ago, whenever I used Chrome or Edge, the window would close as soon as I started typing in the URL bar. If I didn't do anything then the window would remain open. I ran a virus check, but couldn't come up with anything, but for the sake of completion I resintalled windows using the computer reset option. Once windows encountered a BSOD during that install with the error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" Following that I installed all updates and drivers inc GPU and tried using edge and then chrome again but had the same proble

:)

Sam Facey, Jun 23, 2022

2. Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 23, 2022
  3. axe0 Win User
    Windows 10 Recurring Crashes

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the 10forums.

As this is not a BSOD problem, this is not the right part of the forum.
    There are a few suggestions I would give you, NO garantee it will help!

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with AVG Driver Updater, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

4. bumgarb42 Win User

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

bumgarb42, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images - Similar Threads - BSODs browser crashes

2. BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs, browser crashes, and corrupted images: Hi, I'd appreciate any help I can get on this one. A couple of days ago, whenever I used Chrome or Edge, the window would close as soon as I started typing in the URL bar. If I didn't do anything then the window would remain open. I ran a virus check, but couldn't come up...
  3. Image Corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Corruption: Hello, I have a problem: I am using a program PinballX and for each pinball table, it has a few images. On my Windows 7 Ultimate computer it displayed them normally, but when I tried to open the pictures manually by file it says: [ATTACH] On my Windows 10 Pro computer,...
  4. Corrupted Windows Image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Windows Image: Hello everyone. I have XPS 13 2 in 1 I got in June of this year. Dell Support is telling me my windows image is corrupted which is why I get a recovery blue screen every once in a while. I work PT and I am in school most of the other time. I don't currently have a way to back...
  5. Image file corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image file corrupt: Recently I keep getting drive errors frequently and daily one-two file starts to getting corrupted and doesn't open up(image file). Please help.I am on lastest windows 10. submitted by /u/Rythx100 [link] [comments]...
  6. Image corruption on download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image corruption on download: Hello, I am having a problem where some images, not all, that I download off the internet will be immediately corrupted when I download them. As an example, here is an image I downloaded last night as it appears on the website. And here it is after I downloaded it The...
  7. When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.: When I attempt to save an image save an image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes. The app icons below in my toolbar go invisible minus a few and the browser doesn't allow for saving the image or any image still for a while until the file explorer randomly pops up later and...
  8. Corrupt os image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt os image: how do i fix a corrupt os image on my dell inspiron laptop .Is there a way i can get in my computer and find the problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-os-image/9226cd74-f726-44de-9f58-7f62b49ebcd0
  9. Edge browser Corruption

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser Corruption: Looks like another deferral is in order *Rolleyes Thanks for everything.
  10. BSOD sometimes, browser&explorer crash too

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD sometimes, browser&explorer crash too: I'm unfamiliar with diagnosing errors. My PC turned itself off a couple times and I've also witnessed firsthand while it got a BSOD. First time was: Kernel_data_inpage_error And second time (today) is: Unexpected_store_exception I noticed my PC going slow. I have Daum...