Windows 10: BSOD's - CAPI2 and AddLegacyDriverFiles Errors

Discus and support BSOD's - CAPI2 and AddLegacyDriverFiles Errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Lately i am starting to have some computer shut downs,and i have check few things and i can't figure out what maybe the problem, and hopping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by patrocle, Jan 23, 2017.

1. patrocle Win User

BSOD's - CAPI2 and AddLegacyDriverFiles Errors

Hello,
    Lately i am starting to have some computer shut downs,and i have check few things and i can't figure out what maybe the problem, and hopping the pro's to help me out.
    At this point can't say for sure what and when is happening, as it looks some of the app's will just say " it stopped working" and that app shuts down.
    Thank you for helping.

:)

patrocle, Jan 23, 2017
  2. jabola Win User

Can't create a Windows 10 recovery usb drive. Some required files are missing

I tried to create a recovery usb again, so I could check the event log to see what failed and if that could help understand what is happening. Creating the recovery usb failed with the same file error msg. Here is the event error that I found.

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:

AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:

Access is denied.

Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2

[ Guid] {5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}

[ EventSourceName] Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2

- EventID 513

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-06-09T19:58:57.772695300Z

EventRecordID 3003

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 1932

[ ThreadID] 7828

Channel Application

Computer Truman

Security

- EventData

Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied.

jabola, Jan 23, 2017
  3. Geting a Windows Log Applications error CAPI2 Event ID 512

Carbonite Mirror Image local external backup drive has not completed since 20 November

In Windows Logs; Application the Error is CAPI2 Event ID 512

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:

AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:

Access is denied.

Anyone know how to fix this? It appears to be blocking a backup write, not only to my external mirror drive, but also windows backup...

Larry

Larry Watson, Jan 23, 2017
  4. Golden Win User

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80343b5a700, ffffa181c744df38, ffffa181c744d760} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 50, {fffff80000000078, 2, fffff80041c74466, 2} Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PnpGetObjectPropertyWorker+aa ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] At this stage I'm unsure whether you have a memory problem, or a hard disk problem, or both.

Based on some items in the eventlog, I suspect its the latter:
    Code: Event[0]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-01-10T18:37:46.532 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-AOR85DN Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk7\DR14 during a paging operation. An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\DR42 during a paging operation.[/quote] I notice you have several backup disks - physically disconnect these if they are up-to-date, then use SeaTools for DOS to check all the other disk. Use this tutorial from our SevenForums site to do that. Post back your findings.

SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Golden, Jan 23, 2017
  5. patrocle Win User
    @Golden, Thank you so much for replying and helping!

I am going to do the test that you advice me to do. My computer is 1 months old as i just purchased it.
    Regarding memory, i have 4 slots witch have 4 gb per slot (DDR4 Samsung cards)
    Now when it comes to the Hard drives, i have quite a few internal and external.
    Internal:
    >Have one main SSD for windwos 10.
    >2 of them attached to MB with sata cables
    >2 of them witch are connected to usb3 @ one of my pci-e cards.

External:
    >4 of them are connected to usb3 to one of the pci-e usb3 cards.

I notice one of them is little warmer than others. I check with the SeaTools for DOS based on your recommendation.

What u recommend for Memory testing? And can do it all at once? or it must be done each ? And how many passes needs to be done so u know that they are good?

One other question: Do you think that my power supply can handle all the drives,etc when under opening app's? See my specs for the PSU info.(3 of my external usb3 hard drives are self powered to wall plug.)

Thank you so much for help and advice.
    Regards.

patrocle, Jan 23, 2017
  6. Golden Win User
    I suggest testing the drives first before moving on to anything else.

Golden, Jan 24, 2017
  7. patrocle Win User
    Ok, I will.
    Will be replying soon with the findings.

Is funny, that from the time of my last post my computer did not shut down at all! I have exited the security software witch is: kaspersky total security 2017. Thinking if the program may not like some of the drivers,etc and creates those errors.

But will check the drives and memory just to make sure. And at this point the kaspersky is turned off.

patrocle, Jan 24, 2017
  8. patrocle Win User

So the computer has been working fine! Then this morning i find it with the blue screen, saying to fix it.
    During fixing i got back in fourth ,just did not want to go to windows, and got those errors:
    Attachment 119101

Attachment 119102

Attachment 119103

So finally i did started up by fixing the start up! as before it did not let me.
    I have attached the error file again.
    I did used the seatools for dos, but i did not see any of my drives.
    Memory i will check today! How many passes should it go before i know is good?
    What is good to check the hard drive from within the windows?

Thank you for your help!

patrocle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's - CAPI2 and AddLegacyDriverFiles Errors - Similar Threads - BSOD's CAPI2 AddLegacyDriverFiles

2. BSOD error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error: On Sat 01-05-2021 23:07:32 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050121-37578-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5C50 Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x994, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8002C1D87F7Error:...
  3. BSOD Errors

BSOD Errors: I've been hacking away at this computer trying to fix it for almost 2 weeks non-stop now. I've reinstalled Windows, completely wiped the system several times, and have continued to have problems. I've tried to read up on BSOD causes and have tried various fixes myself....
  4. BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD Error: Hii. Recently Last Month I Build a PC. In Starting I got BSOD 2 timesAPC INDEX MISMATC & KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE I Googled it and tried every solution by reinstalling the windows, updating the drivers etc.. it was working fine till New Year. I got the BSOD Again and now...
  5. BSOD Error

BSOD Error: 112720-5640-01.dmp 11/27/2020 9:01:42 PM cause:rtwlanu_oldIC.sys rtwlanu_oldIC.sys+21d57f x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3f5210 C:\Windows\Minidump\112720-5640-01.dmp4 15 19041 1,137,180 11/27/2020 9:08:31 PM...
  6. BSOD errors

BSOD errors: Hi there, I believe the error maybe driver related therefore I used the driver verifier tool and followed this post - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983. When I...
  7. BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors: Me pc frequently blue screens whilst gaming and has been happening for a while now. Ive tried everything but it wont work. Please if anyone could help me it would be appreciated. Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqcXbpo8ViTxjiP8IRsfuGHU5MZ4?e=c9jVJl Thanks...
  8. BSOD errors

BSOD errors: Hello all, I've been getting BSOD errors for quite some time,it usually happens when i left my laptop alone with google chrome browser open while some BSOD errors happen when I'm playing game. Hopefully someone can teach me how to solve the problem.Thank you. I have...
  9. MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2": I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD. In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" What does it mean ?? Looked all...
  10. Event Viewer Errors - Perflib, ApplicationError, CAPI2 and more

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors - Perflib, ApplicationError, CAPI2 and more: Hi, Getting many event viewer error messages. Some are application relates, some are system related. I've attached a zip file with two .evtx files and MSINFO file. I don't know the severity of these issues, but regardless I'd like to resolve them with your help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. addlegacydriverfiles: unable to back up image of binary winquic.

2. AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary WinQuic. System Error: The resource loader failed to find MUI file

3. unable to back up image of binary vhdparser

4. addlegacydriverfiles: unable to back up image of binary microsoft link-layer discovery protocol.,
  5. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary WinQuic.,
  6. addlegacydriverfiles: unable to back up image of binary winquic. system error: the resource loader failed to find mui file.,
  7. winquic mui,
  8. capi2 winquic,
  9. capi2 add legacy driver files resource loader failed to find mui file,
  10. windwos update cryptogragphic access deniedDetails: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied.