Windows 10: BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I bought an IBUYPOWER pc at the start of April. I've been trying to trouble shoot myself with not much luck. I'm not super computer smart, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by illac, Jun 17, 2019.

1. illac Win User

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

Hey all,

I bought an IBUYPOWER pc at the start of April. I've been trying to trouble shoot myself with not much luck. I'm not super computer smart, I know my way around and the basics but this is beyond me.

Some specs:
    System: Intel Core i7-8700K Six-Core Processor 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Max Turbo) | Intel Z370 Chipset | 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM | 1TB HDD | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card | VR Ready | Display Connectors: HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI

If need more details on set up please let me know, not sure what's important here.

The issues:

My computer seemingly randomly crashes. The computer slowly freezes out, 1 monitor freezes first killing all programs followed by the second, followed by the screen going black with slight green/blue/red marks all over the screen. Then a BSOD comes up. It either says CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION. I haven't been able to nail down what happens when or whats causing it.

I contacted IBUYPOWER where they gave me instructions to de-fragment and reinstall my hard drives and windows. Which I think I did correctly. Problem persisted after. They told me to send it in for parts (which really I want as the last option, I will buy replacement parts before I send my PC from Toronto to California for god knows how long and who knows what will happen.

Then I found this issue:HyperX Cloud II restarting my pc without warning : HyperX

A headset I own was turning up as HID Compliant Headset with an error in device manager, and it looked like it was causing crashes. So I reinstalled windows again restarting without the headset ever being plugged in (this was recent, reinstalled windows on Tuesday the 11th). The crashes have just started again today the 16th. I thought I fixed the problem avoiding the headset but alas I have not.

I get those two BSODs and then a message comes up on black screen saying 'Insert Boot Disk Media and Reboot' I can't remember the exact wording but from what I understand its common.

My own abilities lead me to believe somethings wrong with my SSD that windows is on. But I have no idea. I've tried opening up the PC and making sure things are plugged in, but I have no idea what I'm doing there, I'm just pressing wires to be tighter, no clue if I'm hitting the right ones.

I believe I have attached my log viewer files correctly.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

:)

illac, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Vita Win User

Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died BSODs for 1mth+

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION [​IMG]

3. BSOD: Critical process died/Unexpected store exception

Sorry zbook how do you post a share link?

CrimsonMods, Jun 17, 2019
  4. BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

PC getting Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died BSOD.

Hi,

My PC is getting Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception BSOD. Please help me fix it. After the PC restarts from BSOD, it goes into BIOS and my SSD doesn't show there. I have to shut down the PC and then it starts normally and eventually again
    gets the BSOD.

Guide me how to find the logs and I will promptly share them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

arman chandok, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

1. BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS

2. BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED': Hey. Im facing both these bsod every few hour, mostly its UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.My laptop is lenovo Y520. Recently i changed hdd disk to sdd and 1x 8gb ram to 1x 16gb ram.Constantly getting these issues while playing games. I did all the scans already like sfc/scannow,...
  3. BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED': Hey. Im facing both these bsod every few hour, mostly its UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.My laptop is lenovo Y520. Recently i changed hdd disk to sdd and 1x 8gb ram to 1x 16gb ram.Constantly getting these issues while playing games. I did all the scans already like sfc/scannow,...
  4. BSOD 'UNEXPECTE STORE EXCEPTION' and 'CRITICAL PROCESS DIED'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent BSODs - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception

Frequent BSODs - Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception: I frequently get these BSODs. Might be the recent Win Update or driver updates. All usual scanning methods DISM and sfc/scannow have returned no errors. The system crashes to blue screen, stays there for a couple seconds and successfully reboots on its own and works fine...
  6. Critcal Process Died how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critcal Process Died how to fix it?: Hi! I had this windows blue screen for some years and i tried to google it and never found an solution. so for a few days ago i upgraded my pc, and still get the same error but not as often. If you guys know anything that could help me please comment, Thanks. submitted by...
  7. BSOD unexpected store exception - critical process died

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD unexpected store exception - critical process died: Hello, I have 2 types of blue screen of death BSOD problems. First there was only this "unexpected store exception" error, after I tried some things on the system and even did the repair by installing windows again this other error also appeared, "critical process died"....
  8. Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception")

Windows freezes and crashes (BSOD: "Unexpected Storage Exception"): Hello, yesterday I built a brand new PC. I updated Windows, installed drivers, updated BIOS and started playing Metro Exodus. After a few hours, I saw the SSD where Windows is installed to go from 1% to 100% and my computer would freeze. A couple seconds later I get a BSOD...
  9. BSOD unexpected store exception & critical proces died

BSOD unexpected store exception & critical proces died: Hi, We've had our share of BSOD's in the company, most of them were solved by installing the newest drivers from the support site. There are still some laptops however, that get frequent BSOD's (4 a day on average). The laptop is a Dell E5550, newest drivers & bios...
  10. Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception

Random BSOD - Unexpected Storage Exception: While I was on youtube the other day, a random BSOD appeared saying "Unexpected Storage Exception", this is the first time I've ever seen this particular BSOD, but since seeing this error my computer will no longer boot up. The only thing it says when I try to boot it up is...