Windows 10: BSODs during Install

Discus and support BSODs during Install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elprespufferfish/saved/Mc79GX This PC *was* working fine before I went on vacation. After coming back, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elprespufferfish, Aug 26, 2020.

1. BSODs during Install

Hi all,

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elprespufferfish/saved/Mc79GX

This PC *was* working fine before I went on vacation. After coming back, I was seeing regular BSODs of varying types. I tried reinstalling Windows, and now see BSODs during the installation process itself.

• memtest86 passed 4 runs
    • Tried replacing the hard drive with a Corsair MP600
    • Tried replacing the video card with a PowerColor Radeon RX 5700XT
    • Tried creating a Windows install flash drive for version 1903 (The flash drive I got in the Windows package doesn't recognize the Corsair drive)
    • Tried disabling the COM port in the BIOS
    • Tried disabling the WiFi in the BIOS
    • Tried disabling the Ethernet port in the BIOS

However, I'm still seeing BSODs during install

• KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
    • KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • some that I forgot to write down (will edit them in later as I continue to debug)they happen)
    • and some that reboot too quickly for me to note down the reason

I was able to install Ubuntu successfully and it seemed fairly stable browsing with Firefox. Before swapping the video card, Ubuntu also crashed when attempting to play a 3d game. After swapping, I was able to successfully play CSGO.

Before I continue replacing my computer pieces by pieces, I was hoping somebody had some ideas

submitted by /u/elprespufferfish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elprespufferfish, Aug 26, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSODs during Install [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 26, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSODs during Install :)

cplpro, Aug 26, 2020
  4. BSODs during Install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

BSODs during Install

1. BSODs during Install - Similar Threads - BSODs during Install

2. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Windows Installation: I was facing a lot of BSODs so I decided to clean install windows by deleting all data. While it was resetting, after 100% completion it showed an error Windows could not be installed please restart and when it restarted the laptop faces yet another BSOD. So I fixed it using...
  3. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Windows Installation: I was facing a lot of BSODs so I decided to clean install windows by deleting all data. While it was resetting, after 100% completion it showed an error Windows could not be installed please restart and when it restarted the laptop faces yet another BSOD. So I fixed it using...
  4. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  7. BSOD during clean install

8. Windows BSOD During Installation

Windows BSOD During Installation: Purchased second hand PC. Turned on, running Windows 7, no issues, contained lots of personal stuff from previous owner. Decided to wipe and install Win 10. Keep getting BSOD error right when Windows installation begins. I'm able to select all the options to the point when...
  9. BSOD During Installation of Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD During Installation of Programs: So I started receiving BSOD's and crashes a week ago on computer wake up and bootup so I decided to update my drivers using IOBIT Driver Booster. However during the installation of the various drivers, I got a BSOD and when I restarted my synaptics trackpad no longer worked....
  10. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...