Windows 10: BSODs even after fresh intallation

Discus and support BSODs even after fresh intallation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The first one happened while I was gaming, and I had my GPU underclocked/undervolted. I figured that was the cause so I undid those but the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ΛευτέρηςΛαζαρόπουλος, Jul 6, 2020.

1. BSODs even after fresh intallation

The first one happened while I was gaming, and I had my GPU underclocked/undervolted. I figured that was the cause so I undid those but the problem persisted. After some experimenting with my GPU settings using 3DMark mostly, I started gettings some BSODs outside of the game Sekiro btw.

So I wipped my drivers with the AMD Cleanup Tool and I installed the latest WHQL version, and that too didn't help. I tried and sfc scan and it found and fixed some files, but it happened again, I run Memtest for a little and it didn't find anything.

In the end I did a Fresh Install, having disconnected my second HDD, so using only my main SSD, installed latest audio and GPU Drivers no overclock, downloaded the game and again I got one BSOD.

Unfortunately, I heve only the last minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap81Cqrd-2X0hg4F37yYDoMNSBIT?e=ZO3a56

In the last BSOD I got a KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE with no .sys specified

Specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Stock Settings

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4-3000Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX-580 8GB OC

MoBo: MSI B350M Pro-VDH

SSD: Samsong 860 Evo 500GB

HDD: WD 1TB

Note About the RAM: If I leave it at stock it defaults to 2133Mhz but the specification says 3000Mhz, so I am not certain if setting it to its advertised frequency is considered an overclock.

:)

ΛευτέρηςΛαζαρόπουλος, Jul 6, 2020

2. Repeated BSODs, even after fresh install.

Hi. I"m not new to the PC game by any means and I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of and even learned some new tricks.

I got a new PCIe capture card (Elgato 4K60 Pro) for Christmas. I went to put it in. Everything worked fine for a couple hours, then multiple BSODs start firing. Memory_Management, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, as well as several others. No culprits listed
    (no *.sys ever).

So, I took out the card and uninstalled the drivers. Still errors. I ran MemTest86 with 10 passes. No errors. I ran Windows Memory Diag tool. No errors. I nuked the OS and installed fresh after re-installing the capture card. Multiple BSODs. I have ensured
    the mobo is clean and everything is seated properly and all power cables are connected correctly. I've done various troubleshooting steps, including updating drivers, doing clean installs of drivers, etc. It happens at random intervals.

Since I know they're useful, here's a link to a bunch of .dmp files from my system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I can boot into Windows, but not into Safe Mode.

Dumps.7z

kingnothing997, Jul 6, 2020
  3. zablas Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

BSODs even after fresh intallation [​IMG]

BSODs even after fresh intallation [​IMG]

zablas, Jul 6, 2020
  4. BSODs even after fresh intallation

BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install

I've been having trouble with this Dell laptop for about 8 months now. Every two weeks or so, it either crashes with a BSOD, or simply screen freezes (with audio stuttering) that requires a hard reset.

Dell recently replaced the motherboard and memory, which still did not fix the problem. They then suggested a fresh install of W10 which I did last week.

I had yet another BSOD tonight so I am putting this out here to see if anyone can pinpoint the source of the problem. Minidump is in the 1drive link.

I did a quick view of the dump and it talks about 1by1.exe - I am fairly sure it isn't the problem, but have gone ahead and downloaded a fresh copy just in case.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

BenJameson, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

BSODs even after fresh intallation

1. BSODs even after fresh intallation - Similar Threads - BSODs fresh intallation

2. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  3. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  4. KB5022282 is causing a BSOD after intallation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5022282 is causing a BSOD after intallation.: PC attempts to reboot twice and fails to BSOD then it auto rolls back the update. When is this being fixed? submitted by /u/Wotanism [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10vepj6/kb5022282_is_causing_a_bsod_after_intallation/
  5. Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.: Just like the title says. I have recieve Clock watchdog timeout error and kernal security check failure. Mini dump here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFNm46gv533gc8Z5Q0owsPwsfO64g?e=CWiLxp...
  6. Fresh Intall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Intall: Hello. I just built a computer and want to install Windows 10. I have an activation key for Windows 10 Pro. Do I download an ISO onto a flash drive from the Microsoft website and just enter the key when prompted? It's a new SSD so I'd be using the BIOS on the first start-up....
  7. BSOD on gaming laptop even after fresh install

BSOD on gaming laptop even after fresh install: Hi I have been getting BSOD on my brand new laptop so i sent it back for warranty repair they changed the motherboard but then i still got blue screens so i sent it back they reloaded OS, then i still got blue screens i sent it back they changed the main board again. and now...
  8. Repeated BSODs, even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeated BSODs, even after fresh install.: Hi. I"m not new to the PC game by any means and I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of and even learned some new tricks. I got a new PCIe capture card Elgato 4K60 Pro for Christmas. I went to put it in. Everything worked fine for a couple hours, then multiple...
  9. Constant BSOD even after fresh install

Constant BSOD even after fresh install: I built this PC in 2010. It's time to replace for sure, but that doesn't excuse the constant crashing. Asus Maximus III Extreme (LGA-1156) Intel Core i7-860 AMD Radeon HD 5850 8GB DDR3-1600 (I have 16GB total in 2 sticks but only one stick installed atm) Kingston 120GB SSD -...
  10. BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install

BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install: I've been having trouble with this Dell laptop for about 8 months now. Every two weeks or so, it either crashes with a BSOD, or simply screen freezes (with audio stuttering) that requires a hard reset. Dell recently replaced the motherboard and memory, which still did not...