Windows 10: BSODs Every Few Days

Discus and support BSODs Every Few Days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexanderw, Dec 8, 2019.

1. BSODs Every Few Days

Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has since seen three of them.

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476)

Things I've done:
    Updated the BIOS after the last known BSOD (12/8/2019 @ 8:10)
    Run Prime95 for an hour (still running), no issues reported, temps stable at ~80C

Notes:
    I've been using the computer for gaming (RDR2) and have not seen any issues under that sort of load.

V2 Log Collector Output:
    Dropbox - ALEXANDER-PC-(2019-12-08_11-43-24).zip - Simplify your life

:)

alexanderw, Dec 8, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Hi Gaklord,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove MSI Afterburner, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSODs Every Few Days [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Have you tried a clean install after upgrading?

axe0, Dec 8, 2019
  4. cplpro Win User

BSODs Every Few Days

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSODs Every Few Days :)

cplpro, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

BSODs Every Few Days

1. BSODs Every Few Days - Similar Threads - BSODs Every Few

2. Getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL almost every day and a few other bsods

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL almost every day and a few other bsods: The other bsods are memory management which I only got once or twice out of about 10-15 times and kernel security check failure which only happened today. On the bsod there is no "What failed:" message below the stop code so there's no obvious indication on what is causing...
  3. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days: Hi, Running Win10 pro on a dell xps 15. Got in Jul '18. Everything Great until Feb 26, 2019. Started getting BSOD with that error in subject. Happens about every 3-5 days. I have executed windows update. I have updated bios. I have run checkdsk. I have run dell diagnostics...
  4. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  5. Random BSODs - can be a few per day, or a few days between BSODs

Random BSODs - can be a few per day, or a few days between BSODs: Hi, I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed any light on this. The PC was originally Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. The crashes seem to be random, sometimes when it's sitting idle, sometimes whilst I'm working. I have run METEST86+ for 11...
  6. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  7. Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes

Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes: Built a new computer around the start of this month (feb) and have been having intermittent BSOD's, ranging between 1 day and 1 week or so between. They don't seem to happen at any specific time or usage; having occured when the pc was idle overnight aswell as when playing a...
  8. BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.: Hello! I've been having blue screens for a long time now. I've even had them on Windows 7. I can not really replicate the problem and I am not sure what causes it. Most of the time it happens when I am watching YouTube or Twitch, but the most recent one happened when playing...
  9. BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so: Hello everyone, This is going to be my first post here. So, recently, (post-W10 Anniversary Update) I've had BSOD's start to happen. They all seem to be CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ones. I don't know if it's because of the Anniversary Update, or because of some things I...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...