Windows 10: BSODs, failed hard resets, etc

Discus and support BSODs, failed hard resets, etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a 1 year old Alienware Aurora R7 that had been upgraded. It was used, but kept in mint condition. A little while after I first logged on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Laurenquinn01, Jun 30, 2019.

1. BSODs, failed hard resets, etc

I just bought a 1 year old Alienware Aurora R7 that had been upgraded. It was used, but kept in mint condition. A little while after I first logged on, everything stopped working.

At first I stopped being able to click on anything and couldn’t ctrl+alt+del. I restarted a few times but would soon be unable to click things again. Eventually I was unable to get back to a login screen, and was only met with BSOD. I tried resetting a few times, but would BSOD. Same with hard resetting to replace “all files”. Trying the command window to chkdsk and other commands wouldnt work. I also tried putting the windows iso onto a flash drive and resetting that way, but it didnt work.

I was somehow eventually able to get to a log in screen and could download the .Net format tool. It was also unable to fix errors (pics attached).BSODs, failed hard resets, etc [​IMG]

BSODs, failed hard resets, etc [​IMG]

Now because I can reach the main desktop, I am trying to reset windows from settings app. It was working great, spent some time on “windows is taking a bit longer...” screen, and now it went to a black screen with my cursor.

:)

Laurenquinn01, Jun 30, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Hard reset failed

Hi,

My hard reset for my windows phone lumia 620 failed , it show "!" then it opened normaly.

I forgot my passwerd , i follow the steps for hard reset many times.

please help

Regards

abdelrahmanomari, Jun 30, 2019
  4. BSODs, failed hard resets, etc

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

BSODs, failed hard resets, etc

1. BSODs, failed hard resets, etc - Similar Threads - BSODs failed hard

2. Bit locker reset etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker reset etc.: An unknown cause triggered my BitLocker. I don't have the recovery key, it was unfortunate it never backed up to Microsoft, and I have no clue how to find out the BitLocker. I'm trying to factory reset it but it fails to work. It says unable to complete this action at this...
  3. Bit locker reset etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker reset etc.: An unknown cause triggered my BitLocker. I don't have the recovery key, it was unfortunate it never backed up to Microsoft, and I have no clue how to find out the BitLocker. I'm trying to factory reset it but it fails to work. It says unable to complete this action at this...
  4. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.: Hello. I have had windows 10 on my laptop and had no issues until now. Yesterday during normal use, the touchpad was unresponsive so I used tab+arrows to try to go into settings and figure out the problem. Windows 11 was downloading but not installed yet. Other than that I...
  5. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.: Hello. I have had windows 10 on my laptop and had no issues until now. Yesterday during normal use, the touchpad was unresponsive so I used tab+arrows to try to go into settings and figure out the problem. Windows 11 was downloading but not installed yet. Other than that I...
  6. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hard reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard reset: Hi, I am trying to do a factory reset on my desktop, and I've tried contacting different people and they've tried with no success. I have windows 10, but do not have my password and do not have the power icon on the bottom right corner. Anybody know any ways to get into that...
  8. hard reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard reset: need to perform a hard reset on my other windows 10 computer, instructions I have say to hold down the lower volume key and the power key, but that is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-reset/9cca886a-fdc7-4974-a9b4-af0adccd9279
  9. reset to original colors etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset to original colors etc: how do I go back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-original-colors-etc/5af24bac-6e3d-444e-b555-52b38d9dd748
  10. Hard reset fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard reset fail: I have a HUAWEI tablet with windows 10, it always restart never stop , I press the power and volume down button and I tried the hard reset after 40% it fails, and at this time it still restarting , how can I fix that...