Windows 10: BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

Discus and support BSOD's frequent even when system is idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Handler, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Handler Win User

BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

Hello!

This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with no pattern, it can happen when the PC is under stress or it can happen just sitting idle.

I run Linux on this box as well, just on a separate HDD which I manipulate the drive connections. Linux will stay up for days, weeks and months. I've run memtest86 for almost a whole 24 hours, no reported errors. And the HDD is healthy as well.

Only thing is my rig is a little bit on the old side. 13 years old, but it still works fine as long as its not Windows! *Rolleyes

I ran the log capturing utility and have attached the findings to this post. I hope there is something in there useful that is fixable! If not, I'm not going to worry to much.

01-(2019-09-15_15-03-06).zip

Thanks for looking/helping!

Dave
    Indianapolis, IN

:)

Handler, Sep 15, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle - Similar Threads - BSOD's frequent system

2. Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling: Hello, I've recently been getting frequent BSODs while the PC is idling/locked. So far this hasn't happened while I'm gaming or actively using it for browsing, typing, working, etc. Every time I get different bugcheck error codes in the event viewer. I've uploaded all the...
  3. Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling: Hello, I've recently been getting frequent BSODs while the PC is idling/locked. So far this hasn't happened while I'm gaming or actively using it for browsing, typing, working, etc. Every time I get different bugcheck error codes in the event viewer. I've uploaded all the...
  4. Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  6. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  7. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

8. Random BSoDs even when idling

Random BSoDs even when idling: I'm having random BSoDs, even when the PC is idle, 3/7 days apart one from each other. I performed SFC /SCANNOW, checkdisk, SMART tests and memory tests, nothing changed. I'm asking here for help if someone can help me to debug the minidump files i have like 10 of them....
  9. Random BSOD when system idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD when system idle: My machine is randomly crashing when not in use. I have my system info file and 3 dmp files , nut do not know where to upload them. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500,...
  10. bsod on idle system

bsod on idle system: before i did the creators update i had already bsod's. i did the creators update on 16 may,there was a bsod on 22 may on an idle system (i was not in the environment) bleuscreenview gives the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED en driver ntoskrnl.sys dm-log_collector did not...