Windows 10: BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install

Discus and support BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DESKTOP-90J7JR8-(2020-12-02_23-19-58).zip I am getting BSODs on my Win10 gaming PC (version 20H2, build 19042.630). I was getting a ton of BSODs a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lars79, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Lars79 Win User

BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install

DESKTOP-90J7JR8-(2020-12-02_23-19-58).zip

I am getting BSODs on my Win10 gaming PC (version 20H2, build 19042.630). I was getting a ton of BSODs a while back and did a fresh install of Win10 in an attempt to easily fix these issues. That very night, the first BSOD occurred, followed by several more. Not sure what may be causing these crashes. You may notice the dates are spaced out between crashes, well that's because I haven't been running my PC much at all after getting frustrated with all these crashes....

Please help me fix these crashes! Is there something obvious I'm missing here after my fresh Win10 install? Thanks in advance!

:)

Lars79, Dec 3, 2020
  2. CheriBomb Win User

BSOD while doing a fresh install of win10 on new HD and MB

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. Building a new PC (not my first one) and I am having major issues.
    Specs:
    New MSI B250 gaming M3 motherboard
    MB Bios ver 7A62v36
    New Intel I7-6700 CPU
    New case
    New 2x8 Pacific Sun (Micron) RAM

Put the thing together and it worked great on a HD that was used in the previous PC. Once booted for the first time, updated all drivers and it worked great for the first two weeks. After that, it started doing the BSOD constantly. Updated the MSI BIOS with the latest which did not help. Removed previously used HD and replaced it with the New HD. Can't even install Win10 from ISO on flash. Used Rufus and created a new bootable usb using UEFI for Win10 and it still will not install and it continuously either Blue Screens or just freezes in the middle of the fresh win10 install while merely "Getting files ready" message is displayed (step 2 in the install process).

Any suggestions with motherboard settings, etc.? And yes, fast boot is disabled. I'm at wits end on this one.

Thanks!

CheriBomb, Dec 3, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

axe0, Dec 3, 2020
  4. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. BSODs frequently happening after fresh Win10 install - Similar Threads - BSODs frequently happening

2. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happens frequently: I need some help, I been getting BSOD alot this week while I was trying to play a game "Lost Ark" but almost every time I open it the system crashed about 2 mins later every time. I have tried reinstall drivers, the game, changing windows updates or even resetting my laptop....
  3. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD happens frequently: I need some help, I been getting BSOD alot this week while I was trying to play a game "Lost Ark" but almost every time I open it the system crashed about 2 mins later every time. I have tried reinstall drivers, the game, changing windows updates or even resetting my laptop....
  4. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install: Hello.I keep getting frequent {MEMORY_MANAGEMNENT} BSODs, usually after I stop running heavy applications such as editing software or games.After the first bluescreen and subsequent restart, I keep getting bluescreen loops as soon as I boot into windows, and this error...
  6. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install: Hello.I keep getting frequent {MEMORY_MANAGEMNENT} BSODs, usually after I stop running heavy applications such as editing software or games.After the first bluescreen and subsequent restart, I keep getting bluescreen loops as soon as I boot into windows, and this error...
  7. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Frequent BSOD on freshly installed system

Frequent BSOD on freshly installed system: Hi there,I'm asking for your help as I'm feeling helpless.My machine has been BSOD-ing for a quite some time, especially during higher temperatures outside. With no AC in the house I thought it might be due to some parts overheating as BSOD usually occur while gaming. But...
  9. BSOD keeps happening even after a fresh install

BSOD keeps happening even after a fresh install: I only face this with a variety of games however some work fine they are the exception, not the rule such as the new Doom. It kept happening so I reinstalled a fresh win10, however, it still happens. Here is the dump....
  10. Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD

Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD: Hi guys, hate to introduce myself this way but need some help. PC is Lenovo Erazer X510, has fresh, clean installed Win 10 Pro. Getting BSODs. Tried reading the dump with WhoCrashed, not getting any real info: crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010416-12046-01.dmp This...