Windows 10: BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

Discus and support BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by retr0, Jul 30, 2017.

1. retr0 Win User

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

Hello all, its nice to be back!
    I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I received (thanks!) Since my last post, I have had near to no blue screens but am getting the odd few this past month, and judging by WhoCrashed, the modules which seem to cause it have been the same ever since.
    In summary, here's what has been done:
    I have my doubts on what may have caused the current one and here is what WhoCrashed states:

Code: This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C4C0) Bugcheck code: 0x20001 (0x11, 0x210CC1, 0x1003, 0xFFFFE80000231DF0) Error: HYPERVISOR_ERROR file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The hypervisor has encountered a fatal error. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/quote]

:)

retr0, Jul 30, 2017

2. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Also, i not that to geeky to comprehend what was written in the .DMP file, you can also check this:

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe Solved - Windows 10 Forums

it says that it regards the BIOS. . . . ?

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 30, 2017
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl, plz help!

Hello, I'm having bsod when I launch benchmark with sisoft sandra.

I got 2 different bsod DRIVER_CORRUPTED_XPOOL and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER all with the same driver ntoskrnl.

what to do?

i'm using win10 64bit.

thank you

S_Bourghol, Jul 30, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and pste: slmgr /dlv

Post an image into the thread.

zbook, Jul 30, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    If you uninstall all pirated software including Microsoft Office you would be able to comply with rule #4.

zbook, Jul 31, 2017
  6. retr0 Win User
    First off, huge apologies! I've tried jumping through some hoops to revert it back to its unlicensed state and have attached the slmgr.vbs /dlv output. Also, with regards to other product such as office, I have not pirated any of them and have provided a picture showing its "Expiration" notification - not been activated.

retr0, Jul 31, 2017
  7. Genuine_Office.txt:

1. Open an elevated command prompt (cmd).
    2. In the elevated command prompt, copy & paste the command below, and press Enter:

Code: for /f "delims=|" %a in ('dir /B /S C:\*ospp.vbs') do cscript "%a" /dstatus > "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine_Office.txt"[/quote]
    zip Genuine_Office.txt (you find it on Desktop) and upload please.

BSODHunter, Jul 31, 2017
  8. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

Hi,
    this is from the Genuine_Office.txt:

Code: PRODUCT ID: 00202-50481-78829-AA161 SKU ID: 149dbce7-a48e-44db-8364-a53386cd4580 LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16O365ProPlusR_Subscription1 edition LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, TIMEBASED_SUB channel BETA EXPIRATION: 01/01/1601 LICENSE STATUS: ---OOB_GRACE--- ERROR CODE: 0x4004F00C ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid grace period. REMAINING GRACE: 9 days (13280 minute(s) before expiring) Last 5 characters of installed product key:[/quote] I dont know much aber Office 365 licensing but for me it looks okay.

But anyway

Theres a tool which is used to bypass the activation of microsoft products. If you are sure you did not use a tool like this, maybe a friend or store tech did it without your knowledge.

BSODHunter, Aug 1, 2017
  9. retr0 Win User
    I should have stated this earlier, but I had a school account linked with Office 365 and used the installation through that. Though it's been a while since I had installed it and due to summer break the product had reached its expiry. Hope that makes sense!

retr0, Aug 1, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    It appears that you reverted the crack before running slmgr
    Code: <ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription> <ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel>[/quote] Refrain from using any crack, as @zbook pointed out anything related to piracy is against the forum rules and we will refrain from helping if we find anything.

11. retr0 Win User
    Hello, I did try and remove and revert as much as I could (and then post the /dlv output to ensure what I provided was complying with rule 4) but I fear traces are left behind. I tried reinstalling the OS though not much changed - if it comes to it I'm not sure what my other options are!

retr0, Aug 1, 2017
  12. BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error - Similar Threads - BSOD's returned ntkrnlmp

2. Hypervisor Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hypervisor Error BSOD: My computer has had multiple BSOD's and I am getting rather annoyed. I have multiple .dmp files I can share however It isnt allowing me to attach it to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervisor-error-bsod/f51917b4-b508-43b1-92ac-824cc048b15f
  3. Hypervisor error bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hypervisor error bsod: I was playing a game when i had a bsod error of hypervisor.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvxEo-SN8rKiOBYvrqW-HUKmprlsw?e=9SAxSZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervisor-error-bsod/fc82bbb1-bfe8-413a-b218-e9866cfb9fd2
  4. BSOD Hypervisor error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Hypervisor error: I've got a BSOD saying hypervisor_error recently and my dump file is down below. I have Hyper-V on and I'm using 2 virtual machines. Please can anyone help since I don't understand anything.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GVSDZvKyHX_0fJ2KLTGhaYCvttACppXB/view?usp=sharing...
  5. HyperVisor BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperVisor BSOD errors: I have been getting HyperVisor errors almost NON STOP on my computer recently. I am not running any VM's on the machine at all either. I have also made sure HyperV is off and it is.I have so far tried:-Updating BIOS-Updating Graphics Driver and Rolling Back-Fresh Windows...
  6. HYPERVISOR ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPERVISOR ERROR BSOD: My dell Inspiron 3583 gave HYPERVISOR ERROR BSOD when I was gaming. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervisor-error-bsod/0f257426-7d4f-44cf-8688-5e2e0db5ef7f
  7. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  8. BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp: Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.) But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the...
  9. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...
  10. Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming

Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming: Hello all! I have previously posted in this specific forum due to random BSOD's which had mostly taken the error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but it has been quite a while since that post [I'll link it here] and I have lacked the time. Nevertheless, since lowering the...