Windows 10: BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: USBXHCI.SYS and NDU.SYS

Discus and support BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: USBXHCI.SYS and NDU.SYS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Surface Pro 6 and have received 3 BSODs about a week apart in each case. After this third one, I've decided to ask for help. I've looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToddBenton, Jul 2, 2020.

1. BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: USBXHCI.SYS and NDU.SYS

I have a new Surface Pro 6 and have received 3 BSODs about a week apart in each case. After this third one, I've decided to ask for help. I've looked at the minidump files but wasn't able to find details on drivers/software that could be causing the problems like I have seen in other threads.

Edition: Windows 10 Home
    OS Build: 10.0.18362.900
    Graphic card: IntelR UHD Graphics 620
    Installed RAM: 16 GB
    Version 1903
    System type: OSType64BitX64
    Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz

Here are the dump files

Thanks for investigating and helping me resolve this. If you need anything else, just let me know.

:)

ToddBenton, Jul 2, 2020

2. Windows 10, BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ndu.sys)

Hello to everyone.

I'm having some issues with networking in Windows 10.

First, my Ethernet connection drops sometimes and the icon shows "Unidentified network". After I reboot the adapter, everything's fine till next drop.

Second, I had two BSODs, which are, as I assumed from WhoCrashed analysis, caused by ndu.sys:

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: Aspire V3-571G, Acer, VA50_HC_CR

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz Intel586, level: 6

4 logical processors, active mask: 15

RAM: 12715401216 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 21-Feb-16 21:06:22 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022216-32125-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ndu.sys (Ndu!NduFindOrAssociateNblContext+0xAF)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800B7DC7C67, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndu.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 21-Feb-16 21:06:22 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ndu.sys (Ndu!NduFindOrAssociateNblContext+0xAF)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800B7DC7C67, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndu.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I have run memtest and it showed no errors.

Also I have Linux Mint 17.3 installed and didn't have any problems like that (I mean, ethernet drop).

I couldn't install Broadcom network drivers either from acer support site or from broadcom. Adapter is not working after that, so I switched back to Microsoft default driver.

My system is Windows 10, x64, up to date.

My last memory.dmp is 730 MB, should I upload it?

The question is what can I do fix that? Don't really want to downgrade to Win7.

Antivirus is Avast, no overclocking.

Farit Mutugullin, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 2, 2020
  4. BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: USBXHCI.SYS and NDU.SYS

BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Nathan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with frequent BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM,
    and video card problem.

We suggest you to follow the steps from the links below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: USBXHCI.SYS and NDU.SYS

1. BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: USBXHCI.SYS and NDU.SYS - Similar Threads - BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  5. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  6. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  7. BSOD browsing on chrome - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD browsing on chrome - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys): Hi all. I had a previous problem which was different to this current one that just occurred, before it wouldn't boot sometimes or able to wake from sleep and get BSODs, my laptop has been working for last few months after a complete clean re-install of Windows 10 but now i...
  8. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...