Windows 10: BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling

Discus and support BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For around the past month I've been getting random BSODs with different crash codes. They usually happen when browsing the internet or when idle with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xbeast2, Jun 15, 2020.

1. BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling

For around the past month I've been getting random BSODs with different crash codes. They usually happen when browsing the internet or when idle with seemingly no common factor. No BSODs during gaming yet and temps are fine. I've put the different crash codes along with the dump files in a google drive folder. Would someone please take a look and see if they can find anything? I've been trying to solve this for a while now and have run out of ideas.

Dump files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RzeAxPadOSgdefTR8NR_FSrZyKHXPY8V?usp=sharing

Fixes I've tried so far:

sfc / dism memtest86 - ran twice, 4 passes with no errors chipset/bios/graphics driver updates (w/ DDU) fast boot disabled whocrashed analysis of these codes seems to say these are likely driver issues and not due to hardware

System specs (built around a year ago):

Ryzen 3600 Sapphire Pulse 5700XT x62 NZXT AIO Asus Tuf x570 Plus WIFI G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory (running stock, no DOCP) Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
    submitted by /u/xbeast2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xbeast2, Jun 15, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Win 10 backgroundTaskHost.exe crashed - Constant BSOD when idle

Hi Mala,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

What is the make and model of the computer?

• Dell Latitude 5591 Purchased 2019
    Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?

• Win 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.529
    Have you tried booting the PC in Safe mode to know if the issue persists?

• No, would be hard to work in safe mode
    Have you installed any non-Microsoft security software on your PC?

• No, nothing

I’m receiving 2 types of BSODs

UEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

It happens while I work, usually browsing. I think always when browsing. The computer gets into waiting mode (mouse icon) and BSODs in a couple of seconds after that.

REGISTRY_ERROR

When idle, I come back to this BSOD after leaving the computer for a while.

Attached another 2 dumps.

backgroundTaskHost.exe.18816.zip

backgroundTaskHost.exe.4552.zip

Perhaps you can tell me how I can force more dumps? Memory dumps? It stays on 0% complete forever.

Thank you,

Gil

Gennady Tsymbalov, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling

1. BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling - Similar Threads - BSODs mostly browsing

2. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: I recently bought a MSI PRO Z690-A for a upgrade. Did a clean install on a new SSD and installed the drivers. Now i keep getting random BSOD, when idle. I reinstalled the newest BIOS, windows update and drivers. I still keep getting a BSOD after this, it comes with the...
  3. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when idle: I recently bought a MSI PRO Z690-A for a upgrade. Did a clean install on a new SSD and installed the drivers. Now i keep getting random BSOD, when idle. I reinstalled the newest BIOS, windows update and drivers. I still keep getting a BSOD after this, it comes with the...
  4. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  5. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  6. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when idle: Hello guys, recently my PC started BSoD frequently, as soon as it goes idle. When I wake up, it's on the logon screen. I could see it happening a few times, and I got irql_not_less_or_equal and some other code I cant remember right now. Also in event viewer, I get...
  8. Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.

Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.: A month ago I updated my pc. Changed motherboard, cpu and ram. Current setup: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengance LPX 3000 Mhz. After the new parts where installed I started to get a lot of bsod on windows 10. I...
  9. Bsod when idle...

Bsod when idle...: i,ve been having this issue with my pc since i upgraded it from windows 7 to 10 ...bsod when im away or not doing anything on the pc ,and last week i tride to do a defrag the drive and it happend also .. the error code moslty says critical process died .. i did SFC and tried...
  10. Random BSOD, Mostly When IDLE

Random BSOD, Mostly When IDLE: Hi there, I frequently get BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL In event viewer I can see the critical error Kernel 41 (63) I have uploaded the system info and memory.dmp to onedrive, here's the link:...