Windows 10: BSODs on my pc

Discus and support BSODs on my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I run a pc with windows 10 installed and recently have been having repeated failures concerning a specific BSOD, the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MugWarp, Sep 29, 2020.

1. MugWarp Win User

BSODs on my pc

Hi, I run a pc with windows 10 installed and recently have been having repeated failures concerning a specific BSOD, the
    DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL to be precise, before this I have had the MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD but after doing some updates through driverBooster that seems to have gone away. However this new one is turning up more and more. I've looked online and can't find a definite solution.

Here are my specs, found using Speccy:
    BSODs on my pc df71b817-ca98-422f-a4c8-df3727056027?upload=true.png

I also suspect it to be a driver issue as in the BSOD I could see it was the "wfplwfs.sys" file that failed and googling tells me that its a windows driver file.

I've seen other people post a dump file after their crashes so hopefully this is the correct one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WGvly2WDG6s81mPGjMTL5-RwvYdDssTy/view?usp=sharing

I found this in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump as the most recent of the crashes.

:)

MugWarp, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 29, 2020
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSODs on my pc [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 29, 2020
  4. BSODs on my pc

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

BSODs on my pc

1. BSODs on my pc - Similar Threads - BSODs

2. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  3. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  4. Multiple BSOD Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  5. Multiple BSOD Problems

Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  6. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...
  7. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...
  8. Windows 10 AFK BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 AFK BSOD: After my computer had been sitting afk for 8 hours not in sleep mode it randomly blue screened. I'm not very tech-savvy and I can't really understand the associated minidump, and I've been stressing myself out trying to figure out the issue. Any assistance is greatly...
  9. Windows 10 AFK BSOD

Windows 10 AFK BSOD: After my computer had been sitting afk for 8 hours not in sleep mode it randomly blue screened. I'm not very tech-savvy and I can't really understand the associated minidump, and I've been stressing myself out trying to figure out the issue. Any assistance is greatly...
  10. Windows 10 AFK BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging