Windows 10: BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

Discus and support BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a Manufacturer Refurbished Dell XPS 13 9350 (Skylake), and all has not been well. The laptop constantly BSODs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ColonelPanic, Apr 19, 2016.

1. BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Manufacturer Refurbished Dell XPS 13 9350 (Skylake), and all has not been well.
    The laptop constantly BSODs whenever I wake it from sleep. The thing is that it works without a hitch for
    hours on end on a cold boot, but as soon as I wake it from sleep or hibernation, I receive a BSOD on wake 80~90% of the time, sometimes instantly and sometimes after 3-4 minutes of use.

I've already done a fresh install of Windows 10, ran memtest86 5 times with no errors returning and also manually
    uninstalled/reinstalled all the latest drivers for my laptop and even ran Driver Sweeper in safe mode but the problem
    persists. There were even more errors before, but after doing all my driver updates, WhoCrashed points me to ntkrnlmp.exe as the most frequent cause of BSODs.

I've attached the dump files to the thread, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

:)

ColonelPanic, Apr 19, 2016
  2. vh16 Win User

Windows 10 hangs on wake up after sleep on DELL XPS13

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9350), and I'm having a similar issue with sleep. Essentially, sleep and hibernate don't work. The computer immediately wakes up again. Can someone please help me resolve this issue?

3. Windows 10 Creators Edition Update - Still waiting, Here's how to get it now

I am using Dell XPS 13 (9350) and I have not received an update of Window's Creator's Version. Request you to please help me with that.

Krati (live.com, Apr 19, 2016
  4. BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

Hello again,

Sorry for the double post, but a new situation has come up. This morning I closed the lid on my laptop without powering it down. My laptop has the "close the lid" action set to "do nothing", so the computer definitely did not sleep/hibernate. When I returned in the afternoon, I was greeted with the Dell splash screen, indicative that the computer's crashed again. I ran Who Crashed once more, and this time the BSOD was caused by a "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" with ntkrnlmp.exe once again.

I've attached another zip folder with the dump files, but I am not sure how to delete the dump files, so the ones from this morning are on there as well.

Thank you!!

5. lifetec Win User
    Looking through your latest dumpfiles and the drivers modules i found a few things:
    - mentioning of intelppm in a stack
    - esif_1f.sys not loaded Dynamic Platform Thermal Framework Driver
    - Teedriverw8x64.sys. Tue Jul 28 19:35:42 2015 Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver
    - iaLPSS2_GPIO2 Mon May 04 14:41:36 2015 Intel® Serial IO I2C host controller driver
    - iaLPSS2_I2C Mon May 04 14:41:19 2015 Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Controller Driver

All these drivers are from Intel and predates windows 10
    Please update all the windows 10 drivers from under "chipset" from your supportpage http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...anced?os=wt64a

Also see if your other drivers have updates.

lifetec, Apr 19, 2016
  6. Thank you for the suggestion, I have installed all drivers under "Chipset" and all other drivers should be up to date as well.

However, when I look at system devices under device manager, There are two Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller drivers still listed,

a 9D60 and a 9D61 driver. Should I uninstall them both or leave them be?

Thank you!

7. lifetec Win User
    Leave them, you should only update the drivers.

lifetec, Apr 19, 2016
  8. BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

The BSODs are still occurring but with different error codes now. The latest after wake was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and when I tried running Who Crashed this time, it crashed again,
    citing "Memory Management". I know memtest86 came back without error multiple times, but at this point I'm
    beginning to think that it might be hardware failure after all.

I've attached an updated dump to the post which includes the latest crashes, any further assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ColonelPanic, Apr 20, 2016
  9. Hi everyone,

My laptop is still having issues. I have updated system drivers in a way that it consistently produced these errors after wake from hibernation/sleep. I have attached the crash dump to this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ColonelPanic, Apr 29, 2016
  10. lifetec Win User
    First update your windows 10 version to the latest version.
    Your still running Build 10240. (with mostly driver from july 2015).
    The latest version is Build 1511.
    Check your windows update.

lifetec, Apr 29, 2016
  11. I have updated it to the 1511 build, and the BSODs have started occurring even on a cold boot whereas before it BSODs exclusively after waking from sleep/hibernation.

I've attached the latest dumps for the BSODs.

Thank you!

ColonelPanic, May 1, 2016
  12. lifetec Win User
    Are the dumpfiles before you updated to 1511 build, because most of the drivers are still from july 2015.

Please update all the drivers from your support page tot the latest version from here
    Product Support | Dell US

lifetec, May 1, 2016
  13. BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

These are from after the 1511 update. I already went to the Dell Support website and installed all of the chipset updates, then I went to the device manager to manually check for updates for each one again under the "system devices" tab. I'm still having BSOD issues though. I have attached the most current dump files, and the most recent crash had to do with NTFS.sys. But it also seems to consistently BSOD when I alter the Intel HD 520 graphics through their software, though it is already the most up to date driver (I have since reset the settings to default).

Thank you!

ColonelPanic, May 5, 2016
  14. lifetec Win User
    According to the dumpfile you are stilll on build 10240.
    Check your version go to settings>system>info

lifetec, May 5, 2016
  15. I went to windows update and it said my system was up to date. All I've been receiving are definition updates for Windows Defender. I remember windows update downloading 1511 several days before, but I don't know why it was not installed. I will try again and see if I can get it up to 1511.

ColonelPanic, May 6, 2016
Thema:

BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

1. BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350 - Similar Threads - BSODs Wake Dell

2. GREEN FLICKERS ON DELL XPS 13 9350

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN FLICKERS ON DELL XPS 13 9350: WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LAPTOP? THERE'S A SUDDEN GREEN THING APPEARED ON MY SCREEN AND I'M AFRAID THAT IT COULD SPREAD ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN. DOES IT MEAN THAT I SHOULD REALLY ASK FOR A TECHNICIAN FOR THIS? CAUSE I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE LCD ITSELF...
  3. GREEN FLICKERS ON DELL XPS 13 9350

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GREEN FLICKERS ON DELL XPS 13 9350: WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LAPTOP? THERE'S A SUDDEN GREEN THING APPEARED ON MY SCREEN AND I'M AFRAID THAT IT COULD SPREAD ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN. DOES IT MEAN THAT I SHOULD REALLY ASK FOR A TECHNICIAN FOR THIS? CAUSE I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE LCD ITSELF...
  4. GREEN FLICKERS ON DELL XPS 13 9350

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. GREEN FLICKERS ON MY DELL XPS 13 9350

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN FLICKERS ON MY DELL XPS 13 9350: WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LAPTOP? THERE'S A SUDDEN GREEN THING APPEARED ON MY SCREEN AND I'M AFRAID THAT IT COULD SPREAD ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN. DOES IT MEAN THAT I SHOULD REALLY ASK FOR A TECHNICIAN FOR THIS? CAUSE I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE LCD ITSELF...
  6. GREEN FLICKERS ON MY DELL XPS 13 9350

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN FLICKERS ON MY DELL XPS 13 9350: WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LAPTOP? THERE'S A SUDDEN GREEN THING APPEARED ON MY SCREEN AND I'M AFRAID THAT IT COULD SPREAD ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN. DOES IT MEAN THAT I SHOULD REALLY ASK FOR A TECHNICIAN FOR THIS? CAUSE I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE LCD ITSELF...
  7. GREEN FLICKERS ON MY DELL XPS 13 9350

8. Dell XPS 13 9350 Bluetooth missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 9350 Bluetooth missing: Hey all,I've had my pc for a good 4+ years and Bluetooth has always worked, but today upon starting up Bluetooth is nowhere to be found. after running through just about every bluetooth related thread on this forum I have tried everything. None of the solutions work and I am...
  9. Problem in XPS 13 dell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in XPS 13 dell: Hi, I have a new laptop XPS 13 of dell, and for some reason there is a graphic problem when using universal docking station I am using windows 10 20H2 version latest version The problem is like that: 1. when doing right on directory for example, and moving the mouse...
  10. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...