Windows 10: BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep

Discus and support BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've modified my power settings a few times, disabled hibernate, fast sleep. But about 1 out of 4 times it seems when my PC comes back from sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pers0n, Mar 1, 2020.

1. pers0n Win User

BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep

I've modified my power settings a few times, disabled hibernate, fast sleep. But about 1 out of 4 times it seems when my PC comes back from sleep mode it will crash. I ran checkdisk and still can't fix this. Windows 10 just seems buggy compared to Windows 7, 7 never gave me any problems.

I have an internal SSD and internal HDD and 1 eSATA drive that I use for backup or extra files.

I set it to not put my drives to sleep, because I noticed one time it crashed after a drive went to sleep.

I can't figure this out, but its such an annoyance.

Windows 10, v1909, OS Build 18363.592

:)

pers0n, Mar 1, 2020

2. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Dave A2 Win User
    W10 - BSOD after wake from sleep

My computer crashes whenever it wakes from sleep. BSOD says "attempted write to read-only memory" but does not list a driver or other cause.

After boot up, computer works correctly until the first time it goes to sleep. When sleeping, if I move mouse or keyboard, computer wakes, but either crashes immediately, or runs for a few minutes before crashing. If it runs, it works perfectly until
    it crashes, there is no apparent erratic behavior.

If I disable sleep mode, the computer works perfectly, all day long, even while running demanding software and large files.

AVG antivirus scan reveals no malware.

Roll-back to my oldest restore point, prior to latest Windows Update, did not eliminate the BSOD. After going to old restore-point and after confirming that crash persisted, I re-installed the current Windows Update. This made no change, BSOD persisted.

I updated all of the drivers on Device Manager, and completely removed and reinstalled my Nvidia display drivers using new drivers from Nvidia. This didn't help.

I've uploaded copies of recent .dmp files, and of output from Sysinfo and Speccy, to a shared file on OneDrive:

Dump Files

Dave A2, Mar 1, 2020
  4. BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep

1. BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep - Similar Threads - BSODs crashes mostly

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  5. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  6. BSOD after wake from sleep

BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  7. BSOD on wake up from sleep

BSOD on wake up from sleep: After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where? 87589
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...