Windows 10: BSODs prevent recovery

Discus and support BSODs prevent recovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past few days I've been getting a bunch of BSODs mostlyMmostly Management and System Service Exceptions, couple page errors and others.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JulesFK, May 22, 2020.

1. JulesFK Win User

BSODs prevent recovery

Over the past few days I've been getting a bunch of BSODs mostlyMmostly Management and System Service Exceptions, couple page errors and others. Yesterday i was able to keep working i.e. remote in to another computer a few hours at a time, unless i tried doing too much locally. Now the BSODs are too frequent to do anything. I was able to get in to windows a few times, but would BSOD quickly, even in safe mode. Now I've been trying to use start up recovery options, but even those were BSODing. Couldn't complete a restore point or recover, so i decided to try to reset the pc. Even that crashed and now i can't get beyond the start up options. Even resetting fails with "There was a problem resetting your PC. no changes were made"

Finally I've tried using a bootable USB. When i get in to the start up for that and try to repair windows, none of the options work. Last option I've tried with the USB is to install windows, and even that won't let me install anywhere due toMto partition table.

Do i have to just reformat and start fresh?

:)

JulesFK, May 22, 2020

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, May 22, 2020
  3. BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, May 22, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

BSODs prevent recovery

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 22, 2020
Thema:

BSODs prevent recovery

1. BSODs prevent recovery - Similar Threads - BSODs prevent recovery

2. Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??: Im stuck on Error Code 0xc0000098 and I dont know what to do, someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-recovery-mode-or-bsod/d53372cf-9dd6-4f4a-8e27-4ed74d34f741
  3. Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??: Im stuck on Error Code 0xc0000098 and I dont know what to do, someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-recovery-mode-or-bsod/d53372cf-9dd6-4f4a-8e27-4ed74d34f741
  4. Stuck on Recovery Mode or Bsod??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSoD reboot loop prevents access to recovery options or Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD reboot loop prevents access to recovery options or Windows 10 installation: Hi there, Since about the 15th of April I have had a situation where my Windows 10 immediately BSoDs after the Motherboard logo disappears in my case the TUF Gaming logo. This initially occurred on the boot cycle post the most recent Windows update I do not know if this is...
  6. Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD: Hi Guys, I'll try to be as brief as possible. Previous Setting: Device: Dell Vostro 3550 OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Storage: HDD Data Recovery Prevention: File Shredder programme. [ATTACH] . [ATTACH] Current Setting: Device: Dell Vostro 3550 OS: Windows 10 Pro...
  7. BSOD after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after System Recovery: After finishing system recovery my pc cannot boot up, it stays in a loop and eventually enters the BSOD. I'm currently trying to do another restore from the advanced options to undo the restore. This is the 2nd time this has happened, my drivers and everything are all up to...
  8. HELP - External USB Drive Permissions Preventing File Recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP - External USB Drive Permissions Preventing File Recovery: The situation I have at hand is as follows: My Seagate 2TB External USB Backup + drive (6 months old) overnight became unusable/ accessible, below are the things I have tried to enable read/write capability so I can reformat the drive to then run a file recovery on. The...
  9. Bsod during recovery

Bsod during recovery: I m getting bsod during recovery. I can't go into system not even in safe mode.the error code are system thread exception not handled and driver less or equal.i have hp notebook 15 bs637tu windows 10 home single language. I have tried both hp recovery media and bootable usb...
  10. BSOD after Recovery

BSOD after Recovery: I wanted to upsize my hard drive. I used Acronis True Image 16 to make a copy of my entire boot drive and then recovered it to a larger hard drive. After recovery the system booted up fine but after shutting down and rebooting from a cold start I have problems. I get an error...