Windows 10: BSOD's randomly since I built my computer about 3 months ago, 3 today

Discus and support BSOD's randomly since I built my computer about 3 months ago, 3 today in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I put together my computer back in early October, I have been getting random BSOD's while trying to play games such as Fortnite, CS:GO, BO4,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by swiegman8, Jan 2, 2019.

1. swiegman8 Win User

BSOD's randomly since I built my computer about 3 months ago, 3 today

Ever since I put together my computer back in early October, I have been getting random BSOD's while trying to play games such as Fortnite, CS:GO, BO4, and R6S. When I built my computer, I copied Windows over from an old Western Digital 500GB on to a Samsung 970 Evo 250GB installed in my system. I thought that was the cause of the BSOD's, so I did a fresh install of Windows. It seemed like it fixed the issue, but the BSOD's started again in about a week.

I hadn't blue screened in a while, but today, for an unknown reason, I blue screened 6 times. The first three stop codes seemed memory related, so I ran memtest and it did find issues. However, I tested both RAM sticks alone, and neither of them failed the memtest. I then ram the memtest with both ram sticks installed and it didn't fail! I thought it was just RAM that had dirty pins or wasn't seated correctly, but after trying to play Fortnite, it blue screened another time. What failed was a driver from AMD, atikmdag.sys. Then, about an hour later, also while trying to play Fortnite, it blue screened twice due to hardware.sys, something else driver related. So now I am confused as to whether the BSOD's are memory related, graphics related, or something else. Help would be very much appreciated!

Here's the dmp files: DESKTOP-9I6E56N-Tue_01_01_2019_235720_29.zip

:)

swiegman8, Jan 2, 2019

2. computer hang & BSOD

3 dumps point to 3 different device drivers:

• One blames McAffee.
    • One Blames your NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
    • The last one says your Intel WiFi network adapter
    I suggest completely uninstalling McAffee and using
    built in defender in its place for some time.

The next step would be completely uninstalling and reinstalling both the above said drivers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 2, 2019
  3. ElderJohn Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Blaine Win User

BSOD: Page Fault in nonpaged area File: cdd.dll

I'm running windows 10 build 14393 on a laptop.

Some backstory: I've been getting very frequent BSODs with the error being "kernel security check failure"- about once every 2 days. I think I finally narrowed the issue down to being caused by my new usb 3 hub. I unplugged the hub and got no BSODs for about a week- at least until today.

Today I got a BSOD but instead the error was "Page Fault in nonpaged area" (a message that I've never seen on this computer before). The file concerned was cdd.dll. What could be causing this type of BSOD?

My ram is new (got it around the same time as the USB hub- 2 months ago). However, this is the first time I've gotten the page fault error message in the 2 months with the new ram, and the "kernel security check failure" errors kept occurring when I put the old ram in as a test. Memtest also completed 1 pass fine. Other than that, no hardware has been "changed" per-se, but I did open my laptop and put it back together to replace the screen which had broken.

If you'd like to read the above paragraphs in bullet form:

• 2 months ago: Replaced screen
    • 2 months ago: Changed RAM
    • 1.6 months ago: Started using new USB hub
    • 1.5 months ago: Started getting BSODs "Kernel security check failure" fairly regularly.
    • 1 month ago: Put the old ram back in
    • 1 month ago: Memtest completed successfully
    • 1 month ago: Continued to receive kernel security check failure BSODs
    • 1 week ago: Stopped using USB hub
    • 1 week ago: stopped receiving kernel security check failure BSOD
    • Today: got a BSOD "page fault in nonpaged area" with the file being cdd.dll
    • Today: chkdsk completed succesfully

Blaine, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD's randomly since I built my computer about 3 months ago, 3 today - Similar Threads - BSOD's randomly since

2. Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs: Hello,I built my computer a month ago and I haven't had any problem playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.However, since I started playing Plane Zoo this weekend, I've been getting a loop/cycle of BSOD. At first, the game crashed and my very first BSOD...
  3. Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just built a computer a month ago and running into BSODs: Hello,I built my computer a month ago and I haven't had any problem playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.However, since I started playing Plane Zoo this weekend, I've been getting a loop/cycle of BSOD. At first, the game crashed and my very first BSOD...
  4. I have an asus windows 10 laptop about 3 years old. About a month ago it started...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an asus windows 10 laptop about 3 years old. About a month ago it started...: online or off, totally random and would not be able to reconnect for hours or days. Once disconnected, it would not show me any available networks. Yet my ancient laptop with Windows 7 which I am using right now, connects easily as does my phone and my visitors' laptops....
  5. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  6. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  7. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. random BSOD since months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random BSOD since months: Hy everybody, First of all sorry for my english. I bought all the pc parts around half year ago. I got a lot of difference BSOD. *Sad I am not an expert in this things, but i really frustrated. some BSod error i got: Unexpected kernel mode trap driven overrun stack buffer...
  9. Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago

Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago: I have been working on a computer that has been experiencing random freezing/BSOD anywhere from once a week to 5+ in one day. It's a Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7400 laptop and was running fine up until somewhere around the second week of May. No USB devices/any other...
  10. BSOD Returns after 3 months, then twice today

BSOD Returns after 3 months, then twice today: I appreciate any assistance you can offer me. Thank you for your time and your skills 48588