Windows 10: BSOD's right after startup as a result of improperly using verifier?

Discus and support BSOD's right after startup as a result of improperly using verifier? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, the following is partially my mistake, yet all methods of fixing the following did not help: Going back a few weeks, my computer started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Henni, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Henni Win User

BSOD's right after startup as a result of improperly using verifier?

Okay, the following is partially my mistake, yet all methods of fixing the following did not help:

Going back a few weeks, my computer started to land BSOD's fairly frequenstly, about once a day, error code either ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC, or the normal overload bsod (can't remember the name, the one which is most common). Today i looked for a fix, and found a thread suggesting to run verifier. I did so, but i ran it in recommended settings. After experiencing BSOD's every time it rebooted, i tried to remove the verifier. Running cmd as administrator worked, i removed the verifier (verifier /reset), and restarded (well it BSOD'd shortly after so it kinda stole my job). Long story short it didn't fix it. Next attempt was running cmd in startup, did the verifier /start(something) resetonbootfailure (not sure how exactly it went) which also didn't fix it. Last attempt was to change startup settings (7), but that was also to no success.. All crashes were always the same, not DPC but the other one. Basically if i run my pc it will crash within 15 seconds of being on the desktop.

Some things to note:
    - I have an SSD
    - I have installed Windows 10 about a month ago
    - I also have an external harddrive aswell as an HDD.
    - Never experienced a single BSOD in windows 7, so this is already annoying :/
    - I have not tried to completely restore anything because i'm not sure what to restore.
    - My PC isn't all that old, maybe 1.5-2 years, and is in pretty good shape so i can't really blame it on him
    Help is really appreciated, i'd love to get it running again. Kind regards,

PS: I can't install the exe you want me to for obvious reasons, as i wouldn't be able to be fast enough...

--- EDIT : My dad and i were able to fix it by going into safe mode, deinstalling the graphics card drivers, going into CMD with verifier /reset and then shutdown /s /t 0. ---

:)

Henni, Apr 5, 2017

2. Duplicate calendar entries as a result of 2 identical accounts.

This is even better, though I do not like the new live-tile "Hotmail".

I've switched from gmail to outlook.com a few months ago and was under the assumption that e-mail had to be set up seperately, since I've always done that.

The live-id actually syncs e-mail ;-)

Thank you so much for your patience and quick answers.

Quick question;

I've saved several contact information to the outlook-account. Does that mean I've indirectly saved contact information on my windows live id (meaning I won't lose them, deleting the outlook-account from my phone), keeping my live id BSOD's right after startup as a result of improperly using verifier? :)?

Michael Tind, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Duplicate calendar entries as a result of 2 identical accounts.

I don't know what you mean when you mention an Outlook live tile, so don't know why that would even be a consideration. But you can go to settings > email+accounts > select the account that is not your primary account and then remove the checkmark next to
    Calendar to stop syncing that data from that account.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Henni Win User

The crash i'm now experiencing is SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED

Henni, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's right after startup as a result of improperly using verifier? - Similar Threads - BSOD's right startup

2. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BsoD results: I recently have experienced a lot of BsoDs, I had my PC repaired and they replaced the CPU but the problem persisted. They had another look but couldn't find any issues that would cause this and didn't experience any BsoDs when they were looking. Whenever I would get BsoDs it...
  3. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier BsoD results: I recently have experienced a lot of BsoDs, I had my PC repaired and they replaced the CPU but the problem persisted. They had another look but couldn't find any issues that would cause this and didn't experience any BsoDs when they were looking. Whenever I would get BsoDs it...
  4. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier: Hello, I've been getting BSODs from time to time (few times a month) randomly while working, so I decided to find out the problem using driver verifier. I had four BSODs so far, all of them before startup. Three I hopefully resolved (twice I uninstalled the software and one...
  6. BSOD driver verifier minidump results

BSOD driver verifier minidump results: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArxAMMahha216Gjiz2oqbA8yiAHy?e=D2SNHu Posting dump for help figuring out what is wrong. Let me know if you need any more information...
  7. driver verifier results bsod

driver verifier results bsod: i keep gettings bsod with the error code whe_uncorrectable error i am preety sure its a driver issue because i ran alot of tests and everything seems fine i will link a one drive link with my specs and a minidump file of a driver verifier bsod....
  8. Constant BSOD-driver verifier results

Constant BSOD-driver verifier results: Lately I am getting a lot of BSODs. I cant remember all of them but here are the ones I can recall: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SEQURITY_CHECK_FAILRUE dxgkrnl.sys DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER I also ran driver verifier successfully and these are the 3 latest .dmp...
  9. BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results

BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results: Hi there, Have been battling seemingly random BSODs since building PC 6-12 months ago. Given it was a new build it was difficult to isolate any specific hardware or drivers that were causing the issue, and don't know enough to understand Event Viewer. A BlueScreen viewer...
  10. Experiencing BSODs, verifier's results

Experiencing BSODs, verifier's results: I have been having bsod's troubles for a little while, memory_management and paging_file errors. I followed a thread on using driver verifier and here's the minidump I was able to get + msinfo https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEXCUpcx4S0hSMIk8dbPy-5qycU I already used memtest to...