Windows 10: BSODs since May

Discus and support BSODs since May in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started getting random BSODs on my PC CPU: i9-9900K with be quiet! DARK ROCK 4 cooler; GPU: MSI 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio; Motherboard: MSI Z390 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ivan_Sokolovskiy, Jun 26, 2020.

1. BSODs since May

I started getting random BSODs on my PC CPU: i9-9900K with be quiet! DARK ROCK 4 cooler; GPU: MSI 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio; Motherboard: MSI Z390 Pro Carbon; RAM: 2 sticks 32 GB total of HyperX Fury Black 2400; Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000 T2.
    I have been getting various BSOD error messages, but most common ones were UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have already completed a clear re-install of Windows, checked my RAM with MemTest86 0 error messages on 4 runs, checked CPU with Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool succesfull pass, Ran Prime95 average temp around 84 C, highest temp - 97 C usual idle temp is around 32 C, tried re-installing earlier versions of Intel Wi-Fi and Lan drivers that were marked as corrupt, tried clearing CMOS, ran sfc /scannow no error messages, checked both my hard-drive and SSD no error messages. I have not overclocked anything, have not enabled any of the XMP profiles though twice BSOD popped-up when I tried changing user scenarios in MSI Dragon Center to Extreme Performance, but that happened only today when I was trying things out in Dragon Center. Sometimes BSOD would just randomly happen when PC was sitting idle with no active tasks running, but would perform absolutley fine under heavy gaming loads.

The only thing I have not really tried out yet is updating BIOS.
    I am absolutley clueless as to what the reason of these BSODs might be. Here is my latest minidump that I got after getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrqBJNZktNBgxJTylxsquqDVf7w?e=5CJqyd

:)

Ivan_Sokolovskiy, Jun 26, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSODs since May :)

cplpro, Jun 26, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSODs since May

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSODs since May :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSODs since May [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

BSODs since May

1. BSODs since May - Similar Threads - BSODs since May

2. Several bluescreens since May 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several bluescreens since May 2022: Hello,I had several bluescreens in May. I dont know what the reason is and how to fix it.I have 4 dump files attached.https://easyupload.io/m/hfo5qbThank you very much in advance...
  3. Several bluescreens since May 2022

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several bluescreens since May 2022: Hello,I had several bluescreens in May. I dont know what the reason is and how to fix it.I have 4 dump files attached.https://easyupload.io/m/hfo5qbThank you very much in advance...
  4. BSOD since Windows 10 May 2004 as well as 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD since Windows 10 May 2004 as well as 20h2 update: Hi there, I've been randomly having BSODs everyday 1-3x/day since the aforementioned update, usually with this message: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. The BSODs occurs randomly - while surfing the internet/gaming/video editing/benchmarking, etc. Most days i would be able to...
  5. Random crashes/BSOD since May.

Random crashes/BSOD since May.: Specs. Somewhere in May, I started having random crashes on my computer, in varying types. Type 1 is your general bluescreen. It gives me about eight different messages, and is by far the most common. Type 2 is less common, and a little more strange. Sometimes, activity...
  6. BSOD each month since May approx.

BSOD each month since May approx.: Hi, I've been experiencing a Blue Screen crash every month since May now. The last one was a few minutes ago and I have not the knowledge to find out what causes the issue. The description reads as follows, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  7. Windows 10 Keeps producing BSOD since early May

Windows 10 Keeps producing BSOD since early May: Current Version 1903, Build 18362.900 My Windows 10 Keeps producing BSOD since May 13. I installed KB4556799, KB4552931 that same day. Since then I get regular BSOD. I have recently uninstalled these 2 updates and no improvements were achieved. I therefore re-run Windows...
  8. BSOD Errors and Weird Java Issues Since Monday 19th May

BSOD Errors and Weird Java Issues Since Monday 19th May: Computer: Acer Aspire 5 laptop, Windows 10 Since Monday my computer has been regularly having BSOD errors with lots of stop codes MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, there may be others. Before then I have had little to no BSODS occur. In...
  9. Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.: The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of "critical_process_died". These BSODs never generate dump files, the BSOD just sits at 0% indefinitely while my CPU fan whirs up...
  10. no Updates for since May 4 2019

no Updates for since May 4 2019: Hello, I've been noticing there is no updates every day since May 4, 2019. I check it every day, maybe not on weekends. Now I'm getting worried why is this happening, can you help me with this situation. I do not see anything wrong except for this. this is a new desktop...