Windows 10: BSODs, Start-up Repair Failed dxgkrnl.sys

Discus and support BSODs, Start-up Repair Failed dxgkrnl.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Following a string of BSODs which indicated dxgkrnl.sys had failed and also mentioned windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe although I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by itsOTTHD, Dec 29, 2020.

1. itsOTTHD Win User

BSODs, Start-up Repair Failed dxgkrnl.sys

Hi there,

Following a string of BSODs which indicated dxgkrnl.sys had failed and also mentioned windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe although I'm not sure what it said about that, I got a screen telling me that Windows needed to be recovered so I booted from my installation media, and tried start-up repair, which failed.

Windows will actually start up again without being recovered if I just reboot, however it isn't long before it will crash again.

The minidumps can be found here; https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmSFuGuN-7HGhE8yaFvJa4KTwSIK?e=P5RdGW

The repair log can be found here; https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmSFuGuN-7HGhFJyw-trbuY3oQ1p?e=Fr1kCe

Thanks for your help,

Olli

:)

itsOTTHD, Dec 29, 2020
  2. PHRV Win User

dxgmms2.sys BSOD

Hello,

A while back, my computer lost power while it was installing windows updates. Since then, I've had BSODs every couple days, with various errors pointing to a driver error. These were annoying, but manageable. I tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, like
    using a removal tool for my graphics card drivers and reinstalling, but I didn't do much else.

The last couple days, the BSOD rate has ramped up, and I started seeing "dxgmms2.sys" get listed in the BSODs, which is relatively new.

I followed the instructions
    here.

And here are my dmp files resulting from that:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au4wk9mJt6sJgcFgkEXA4rOFod4-cg?e=wIzEMq

Thanks.

3. stop code video dxgkrnl

I get bsod stop code video dxgkrnl when not connected to mains supply.any help would be good.

1e958bfa-3f20-40f8-91a7-54be66b9893a, Dec 29, 2020
  4. BSODs, Start-up Repair Failed dxgkrnl.sys

BSOD NOTHING ON AUTO REPAIR WORKS CAN I FIX FROM SYS 32?

BSOD NOTHING WORKS ON AUTO REPAIR CAN I FIX THRU SYS 32

RONALDDELLA-PIETRA, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

BSODs, Start-up Repair Failed dxgkrnl.sys

1. BSODs, Start-up Repair Failed dxgkrnl.sys - Similar Threads - BSODs Start Repair

2. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  3. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  4. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start up repair

Start up repair: Hi, I accidentally clicked on a system registry folder when looking for a file on my surface station pc.When I restarted my computer it never showed windows, was thinking for 3 x weeks.I'm attempting the advice online regarding start-up repair and have entered the bitlock...
  6. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  7. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  8. Start up repair

Start up repair: I left my PC alone for a while and I looked back to it and it showed a blue screen, then a black one. My PC turned on again and it took me to a repair screen. I clicked on advanced repair to restart my computer but the options weren't there. I've tried everything, I even...
  9. BSOD to Sys Repair Loop

BSOD to Sys Repair Loop: Ok, as of yesterday Feb 9 I got a blue screen of death and tried to restart after it loaded all the info but it only made my situation worse. Whenever i shut my computer and reload it- the loop gets stuck. So of course i try to pull up the command prompt or sys config- but...
  10. start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails

in Windows 10 Support
    start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the best subforum, the bsod subforum, or another, so admin can feel free to move it if this is not the best subforum. I have searched & searched this issue recently however nothing I've found as possible solutions worked, and I figured with my...