Windows 10: BSODs today, seem to be a driver?

Discus and support BSODs today, seem to be a driver? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to finally get serious about fixing this machine I built for myself, I've been ignoring the problem for a long time. I'm getting increasingly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by belson22, Sep 26, 2022.

1. belson22 Win User

BSODs today, seem to be a driver?

I need to finally get serious about fixing this machine I built for myself, I've been ignoring the problem for a long time. I'm getting increasingly frequent crashes and restarts. Usually they are black screen crashes directly into the reboot sequence. Every once in a while when it reboots it loads into BIOS and won't recognize my SSD. A simple power down, wait 30s, power back up usually fixes the 'missing' drive. Today I actually got a BSOD, so I turned on Verify Driver mode to try to get a few more as I read on here more data is better I got 3 BSOD crashes. I can't find the trigger, but it

:)

belson22, Sep 26, 2022
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSODs today, seem to be a driver? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 26, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    BSOD when updating W10 Insider Preview (installation)

The BSOD minidump did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    All of the BSOD have been C2 Bad pool caller.
    The suggested steps for finding cause and effect are RAM testing with Memtest86+ version 5.01 and Windows driver verifier.
    If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 displays malfunctioning RAM / DIMM /MB then the troubleshooting will be completed once the hardware component is identified. If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 is negative then the next step would be windows driver verifier.
    If you prefer a clean install that is another option if hardware is ruled out.

The memory dump will take a while to download. So it will be troubleshooted later today.

zbook, Sep 26, 2022
  4. BSODs today, seem to be a driver?

Random BSOD, started happening today

Just did all the steps. I suppose there's no way to tell if that solved the issue without using and waiting to see if another BSOD occurs, so I will come back later in case anything happens.

brunopugliese, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

BSODs today, seem to be a driver?

1. BSODs today, seem to be a driver? - Similar Threads - BSODs today seem

2. BSODs today, seem to be a driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs today, seem to be a driver?: I need to finally get serious about fixing this machine I built for myself, I've been ignoring the problem for a long time. I'm getting increasingly frequent crashes and restarts. Usually they are black screen crashes directly into the reboot sequence. Every once in a while...
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD seemingly at random and no sign of driver issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD seemingly at random and no sign of driver issues?: I am not used to dealing with issues like these, so please understand my lack of knowledge. I have been experiencing crashes for the past few days now, and I have tried several things to fix it. 90% of the time, the crash is during gaming, but there has been once or twice...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD seemingly at random and no sign of driver issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD seemingly at random and no sign of driver issues?: I am not used to dealing with issues like these, so please understand my lack of knowledge. I have been experiencing crashes for the past few days now, and I have tried several things to fix it. 90% of the time, the crash is during gaming, but there has been once or twice...
  5. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD seemingly at random and no sign of driver issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Getting a bsod multiple bsod, the error codes seem to link to a driver

Getting a bsod multiple bsod, the error codes seem to link to a driver: Here are the bugchecks On Sat 2/6/2021 3:57:05 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys win32kbase!UserSessionSwitchLeaveCrit+0x74 Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x1,...
  7. Got 2 BSoDs today, and both seem to be due to iffy drivers. How would I go about...

Got 2 BSoDs today, and both seem to be due to iffy drivers. How would I go about...: Been having some computer issues for a bit now. Had a BSoD earlier this month, but I chalked it up to Windows just having a bad day. Today, though, I got 2 in the span of two hours, and the searching I've done points to it probably being a driver problem. The stops I've...
  8. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  9. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  10. BSOD 2x today

BSOD 2x today: My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug. BlueScreen view seems to indicate the problem is related to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as follows: [ATTACH] The minidump file:...