Windows 10: BSODs trying to update graphics driver

Discus and support BSODs trying to update graphics driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I have just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 pro. Getting multiple different BSODs including bad pool caller, system thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chopstxnrice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. BSODs trying to update graphics driver

Hello all,

I have just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 pro. Getting multiple different BSODs including bad pool caller, system thread exception not handled (RTKVHD64.sys), and some others. Dmp files attached. I took a look at the reliability history and saw seagate dashboard was causing a problem - updated that driver. Also saw MediaServer on the list, so I uninstalled TVersity. I'm trying to update my graphics card driver, but I am getting bsod in the middle of updating (first time was system thread exception, second time was bad pool caller). Thanks in advance!

:)

chopstxnrice, Jul 9, 2016

2. Blue Screen of Death error code IGDKMD64.SYS

I had a windows 10 update and now getting BSOD error IGDKMD64.SYS. I have updated Intel (R) HD Graphics driver & i tryed uninstalling Intel Graphics driver but I'm still getting BSOD with computer rebooting, I need a fix for this error.

TerryMueller29, Jul 9, 2016
  3. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH ERROR CODE IGDKMD64.SYS

I had a windows 10 update and now getting BSOD error IGDKMD64.SYS. I have updated Intel (R) HD Graphics driver & i tryed uninstalling Intel Graphics driver but I'm still getting BSOD with computer rebooting, I need a fix for this error.

TerryMueller29, Jul 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSODs trying to update graphics driver

The latest dump indicates a problem with RTKVHD64.sys. This belongs to Realtek Audio Driver.
    The one you have installed is quite old:

IntcAzAudAdd Service for Realtek 10/30/2012 4:51:36 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys

Please fill out your System Specs, that may help figure this out.

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.
    See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

There is a slightly newer driver on the gigabyte web site for Windows 7, try that one:

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (rev. 1.1)

Ztruker, Jul 10, 2016
  5. Thanks! Will update and report back.

chopstxnrice, Jul 10, 2016
  6. So I ran the update for the audio driver, it installed, and i restarted "to complete the installation." As windows was booting up, I got a BSOD (RTKVHD64.sys again). Restarted again, and Windows booted fine. Log attached.

7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 10, 2016
  8. BSODs trying to update graphics driver

Thanks - downloaded, was in the middle of updating the driver via device manager and i got a BSOD - Bad Pool Caller. Logs attached. How do I get this thing updated without a BSOD?

9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 10, 2016
  10. Clean boot worked. Downloaded the 2016 drivers through microsoft, and for some reason when I tried to manually update through device manager, it said I am already running the latest version. So I got the executable 2015 drivers from the Realtek website and was able to update to version 6.0.1.7541 6/18/2015.

When I went to msconfig to re-enable all services (with startup items still disabled) I restarted and got a BSOD - Driver Corrupt Expool (never had this BSOD before). Will try to narrow down which services are causing it. Logs attached.

11. I just received a new BSOD on windows bootup after restarting, all services enabled all startup items enabled. Audio drivers updated. The error was related to atikmdag.sys, first time this has happened. Video card drivers are already updated. Logs attached.

12. Ztruker Win User
    Please try the latest driver (2016) again. This time uninstall the Realtek driver first.

The latest dump still indicates a problem with RTKVHD64.sys. It has been updated to Tue Oct 30 05:51:36.

There is also a new WHQL Realtek driver that was just released: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 92 - Windows 10 Forums

It has a setup.exe you use to install it. Try that instead of updating via Device Manager.

Ztruker, Jul 11, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

I have a Realtek HD Audio device to, so I installed the latest WHQL driver.
    The first time I ran setup.exe it went through some of the install then had to restart, I believe what it did was uninstall the current driver.
    After the reboot, it did the install again without me doing anything and this time did the full install. One more reboot and all is well. Sounds works and I'm now at the 6.0.1.7874 7/6/2016 version.

Ztruker, Jul 11, 2016
  14. Thanks. I manually uninstalled my audio driver successfully, then downloaded the new driver and ran the setup. It asked me to reboot, and while loading windows, I got a BSOD for Driver Corrupted Expool. Rebooted again, got into windows fine, no audio driver installed.

chopstxnrice, Jul 11, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    That's a different failure:

Code: BugCheck C5, {8, 2, 0, fffff801b5e4ff48} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WinVDEdrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for WinVDEdrv.sys Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+798 ) Followup: Pool_corruption --------- 0: kd> lmvm WinVDEdrv start end module name fffff800`18a80000 fffff800`18ac0000 WinVDEdrv T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: WinVDEdrv.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\SysWow64\WinVDEdrv.sys Image name: WinVDEdrv.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 15 07:24:05 2011 (4E202355) CheckSum: 00041B9A ImageSize: 00040000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    The date on the driver is very old, 2011. Either uninstall Folder Lock or update it to a later level.

Ztruker, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

1. BSODs trying to update graphics driver - Similar Threads - BSODs trying update

2. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  3. Windows update trying to install older graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update trying to install older graphics driver: Windows 10 version 20H2 is trying to install a 2017 Intel graphics driver which will overwrite the 2020 version and cause previously fixed sign out issues to reoccur. How do I stop this now that the 'howtohide' diagnostic cabinet has been moved or deleted Error 404? Lenovo...
  4. graphic driver update

graphic driver update: I'm asked to update graphic drivers with "OPENGL3.1 or higher" in order to run zwift app on my PC. However, I'm struggling to find something to install which fits my Window 10. Can you give advise? Best regards Rune...
  5. Graphics driver update

Graphics driver update: Every time I do a windows update my driver version goes back to version 15 2015 version and then I have to manually update my driver again. I have an AMD driver. Is it possible to prevent windows update from changing my driver version?...
  6. Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver: I just got the latest Nvidia graphics driver update from Nvidia Geforce Experience 2 days ago. Immediately after I installed it, Windows Update "updated" said driver to a much older version from July... It also automatically installed the Nvidia Control Panel app from the MS...
  7. Bsod: I tried to update the drivers of the graphics card and the other components

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: I tried to update the drivers of the graphics card and the other components: Recently I’m getting a lot of blue screen errors and this happens whenever I install something or play games, I tried to update the drivers of the graphics card and the other components but it seems that it doesn’t help at all....
  8. Updating graphics driver

Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277
  9. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...: I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS. I have...
  10. Graphics drivers and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics drivers and BSOD: I was playing a game. And then the computer crashed. It attempted reboot but could not and I recieved BSOD with error message win32kbase.sys stop code. After attempting to reset the OS and system recall (error 0x80070003), I tried safe mode and it booted. In safe mode I...