Windows 10: BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns

Discus and support BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Please help me with this BSoD issues that I've been getting intermittently for over a month now. I've tried to research the parameter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BleuRoyce, Dec 23, 2020.

1. BleuRoyce Win User

BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns

Hi everyone,

Please help me with this BSoD issues that I've been getting intermittently for over a month now. I've tried to research the parameter coding in the internet, but I am not sure if they are factual since that there is a huge amount of infos out there. I can attach 3 of the Event Viewer details of BSoDs from my laptop in this post by clicking thislink. My computer specs are:

- Legion Y530-15ICH-1060 Laptop Lenovo - Type 81LB Windows 10 64-bit

- Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @2.20Ghz 12 CPUs / 16 GB RAM

- DirectX 12 / Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

- Realtek Audio Speakers

A month ago, I bought a new monitor a link and connected it via HDMI, but I dont think this is the source of this BSoD errors, and also over a month ago, I had changed the settings of my 2 mouse to something like "do not wake up my laptop if I accidentally move it" back setting from advance properties of Device Manager. The troubleshooting procedures that I have done in my part was:

-Device Manager - nothing is needed to be updated. All good

-Lenovo Canada website - tried their device update/diagnostic scan. All good I dont think it worked - I woke up still in the same webpage with the loading icon

-Windows Memory Diagnostic - tried the restart and check for problem option, then after restarting, it went through the blue page where it displayed an introductory messages and more options, it went off at about 10 seconds, and then it restarted to Windows login. I tried to do it hastily by choosing the "Extensive" option, but the laptop went off after less than 10 seconds again.

-Lenovo Utility - downloaded and installed it. After almost 5 hours of extensive diagnostic, the result is all fine.

-Advance Troubleshoot options - diagnostic checks aren't available including the one for RAM or memory

-Contacted the Lenovo Canada Technical Support and suggested to do a re-image or total reset of this laptop

What should I do next? Any advices?

Thank you in advance :

:)

BleuRoyce, Dec 23, 2020
  2. bam12b Win User

BSOD at shutdown PFN Corrupt message

I ran with verifier two days without any BSOD excepting the PFN LIST CORRUPT that occurs at shutdown. I went back through all steps and here are the logfiles. Log Collector stopped when msinfo.exe timed out. I reran this manually and it got hung at OLE Registration step.

072920-12640-01.zip - Google Drive
    OWNER981841-PC-(2020-07-30_09-53-22).zip - Google Drive

- - - Updated - - -

msinfo32.nfo - Google Drive

bam12b, Dec 23, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Bsod on shutdown

Could be software, driver, or other incompatibilities.

Try this for starters:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929338

or:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

Some info here:Windows XP Shutdown Troubleshooter

You might have to go into msconfig and try to diagnose the problem by disabling and enabling drivers and services.

Edit: That could have been caused by the bsod and bad shutdown corrupting the page file, see here at bottom of page(problems):Virtual Memory in Windows XP

BSOD stop message info:Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages

95Viper, Dec 23, 2020
  4. BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns

1. BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns - Similar Threads - BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns

2. BSOD on shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on shutdown: I seem to get the code irql_not_less_or_equal almost every time I shutdown my computer, i haven't seem to have encountered it anywhere else. I have tried fixing it myself but cant and was hoping someone here would help, but from my understanding i need to upload my dmp files?...
  3. Unintended behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unintended behaviour: [ATTACH]Look Down. Also... ANOTHER ERROR![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unintended-behaviour/7de024f8-fd37-4afe-a4dd-293965640144
  4. Unintended remote wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unintended remote wake from sleep: Dear Community I recently noticed that my PC and laptop have a strange connection regarding sleep mode. When my PC goes into sleep mode and my laptop is running it almost instantly boots back up. When he goes to sleep while my laptop is in sleep or not running he stays...
  5. BSOD then shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD then shutdown: Recently bought an HP Omen Obelisk 875 series. Was in the middle of gaming when I got a BSOD. Upon boot up I get about 13 BSOD errors before the PC shuts down on its own. Known specs are: Intel Core i9-9900K Processor NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB HyperX 32 GB RAM,...
  6. Sleep when unintended

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep when unintended: Of late, Win10 Pro has taken to sleeping while viewing lengthy videos. This wasn't the case in the past. Most all suggestions from the Net, including enabling the 'unintended sleep timeout' setting have done nothing. New ideas welcomed. 140988
  7. Sleep when unintended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep when unintended: Of late, Win10 Pro has taken to sleeping while viewing lengthy videos, instead of waiting until the PC is idle for the period specified. No changes have been made to power/sleep/screensaver settings or programs. Not the case in the past. A system image from months ago was...
  8. BSOD by Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD by Shutdown: Hello, When I want to shut down my computer, I get a BSOD with the error MEMORY_MANAGMENT first occurred after the last Windows 10 update .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-by-shutdown/1ecc6ee6-1925-4487-83cf-e5972168e6ca
  9. Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue

in Browsers and Email
    Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue: Greetings! As of recently I'm being plagued by a rather odd issue with my main PC where upon opening the Edge Browser and typing away to enter a URL the key presses invoke the F12 Developer Console (DC) of it. From the looks of it only one letter of the intended URL manages...
  10. Shutdown BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown BSOD: Hello -- If I shutdown my computer using Start > Shutdown, I get at least one BSOD during the next boot-up; however, no BSODs occur if I use the physical power button. The error is "Interrupt Exception Not Handled," and since it occurs during boot-up, nothing gets...