Windows 10: BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest

Discus and support BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I keep getting BSODs, about once a day. Doesn't seem to be linked to a specific operation as they occur randomly. Did MemTest, SFC scan,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OlliKoch, Mar 12, 2019.

1. OlliKoch Win User

BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest

Hi everyone,

I keep getting BSODs, about once a day. Doesn't seem to be linked to a specific operation as they occur randomly.
    Did MemTest, SFC scan, all came out without issues. Also did an in-place upgrade but the problems persists. Clean-booting system.
    Please find memory dump readouts here (generated with WhoCrashed, named chronologically):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0n3p43fy9gd4mj2/AADGfwdB8ww5IbHq7kVgmetja?dl=0

Thank you very much for any hints to track down the culprit.

:)

OlliKoch, Mar 12, 2019

2. Constant BSOD even on stock default

As others have addressed, we need the BSOD code, looks something like OxO.....124 or similar.
    Without the code or the error listed above the stop code, we are all just taking pot shots at your issue.

I agree if its all of a sudden, its likely ram and as Frick addressed, its very easy to test and verify with memtest 86+ in DOS.

sneekypeet, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Reubenno Win User
    Windows 8.1 various BSODs (Faulty RAM?)

Hello,

For the past few days I've been experiencing bad BSOD crashes on my PC.

My specs are as follows:

i5 3570k

16GB Corsair DDR3 Vengance LP (2x8GB)

Asrock Extreme4 z77

Samsung 840 Evo SSD

The BSODs have given various error codes (I've attached the minidumps from the last 4). I think they're all related to system memory.

When my PC first boots up everything works fine, it seems to run smoothly. But over time it becomes unable to load webpages (Firefox and Chrome both crash and cannot load google,youtube etc) and then things such as my antivirus service (Bitdefender) force
    closes and performance becomes quite slow.

I built the PC in 2014 so the RAM is 4 years old so it would not surprise me if this was the issue. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic for two passes and it didn't find any errors, and a month or so ago I ran Memtest for one pass and that didn't find any issues
    either.

I think the next step would be to remove one of the sticks of RAM and see if I still get BSOD/Slowdown issues.

I installed WhoCrashed and these are the BSODs:

1) This was probably caused by the following module:
    hardware.sys (hardware)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF803195F394F, 0xFFFFD000367686A0, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2) crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\073018-14109-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module:
    ntoskrnl.exe
    (nt+0x1554A0)

Bugcheck code: 0xF7 (0xFFFFD00036604CC8, 0x1E882CDD77CA, 0xFFFFE177D3228835, 0x0)

Error:
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

3) This was probably caused by the following module:

ntoskrnl.exe
    (nt+0x1554A0)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0)

Error:
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

4) This was probably caused by the following module:

ntoskrnl.exe
    (nt+0x1554A0)

Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0xC1266221D4, 0x0, 0x0)

Error:
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I've linked below the .dmp files, I would greatly appreciate any help that anybody could offer me.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rBszZZ5FPeOvQdc4k_fHMRx85GX_pPR7

Reubenno, Mar 12, 2019
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Seemingly random BSOD with multiple different error codes inside

Hello and welcome insonia I am not any great expert but delving through the dumps it is suggestive of a memory issue

Code:
    Code:
    BugCheck 4E, {2, 10eff8, 41efff, 1}    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromList+10c8cb )    Followup:     MachineOwner  ---------
    Suggests you run a memtest before you do anything else it will eliminate this avenue of problem at least or find the problem
    MEMTEST
    Now to make absolutely we are on the same page the memtest linked here is the only*one we recommend and it MUST be run for at least 8 passes or you may as well not bother. It is rather lengthy and best left for a downtime for that machine - overnight is good. Having said that you can stop the test if errors show up while you are around and then it is a matter of tracking down the bad stick of RAM.* MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials
    (This is pretyped to save time)

ICIT2LOL, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest - Similar Threads - BSODs various stop

2. Frequent BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD with various stop codes: Hi lately my computer is frequently experiencing BSOD with various stop codes such as SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and CACHE_MANAGER. I tried reading the minidump file myself but I don't really understand. Please can anyone help me analyze the problem, I would...
  3. Frequent BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD with various stop codes: Hi lately my computer is frequently experiencing BSOD with various stop codes such as SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and CACHE_MANAGER. I tried reading the minidump file myself but I don't really understand. Please can anyone help me analyze the problem, I would...
  4. BSoD issues, various different STOP codes

BSoD issues, various different STOP codes: I can't seem to find out what is going wrong, I've read on other forums that people need minidump files to help sort out the problem so I am attaching the zip folder and hoping someone here can help.I installed a PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD a week ago to replace my old one and it...
  5. Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes: My PC crashes with BSOD multiple times per day. I have rigorously checked my drivers to ensure they are up-to-date to rule out that as an issue. I have also performed memory tests to check my RAM which came back clean. When I perform an sfc scan I get back a message stating...
  6. Windows BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD with various stop codes: I have run into several BSODs in the past month, with stop codes PAD_POOL_CALLER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and more. The frequency of the BSODs is random -- sometimes I see two BSODs within 48 hours, sometimes in weeks or even months. I have owned the...
  7. Windows BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD with various stop codes: I have run into several BSODs in the past month, with stop codes PAD_POOL_CALLER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and more. The frequency of the BSODs is random -- sometimes I see two BSODs within 48 hours, sometimes in weeks or even months. I have owned the...
  8. Windows BSOD with various stop codes

9. Various BSOD stop codes after system upgrade and troubleshooting

Various BSOD stop codes after system upgrade and troubleshooting: Just like the title says I've had a month of nonstop BSODs. It all started when I replaced the majority of the hardware in my system at the end of December. Currently I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X with stock Wraith cooler, GTX 1070, Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 currently...
  10. BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons

BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons: Trying to figure out what causes all these stop codes. New computer, specs below. Sometimes while working in Adobe Premiere Pro, I get a crash. Sometimes it's when I move the mouse. Sometimes, it's when I open a program. Each time, it seems, I get a different code. I have no...