Windows 10: BSODs when gaming and desktop use only when computer power is high

Discus and support BSODs when gaming and desktop use only when computer power is high in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When running games or performance intensive applications my system will just restart. My screen will go black and my system will restart. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Glattic, May 27, 2024.

1. Glattic Win User

BSODs when gaming and desktop use only when computer power is high

When running games or performance intensive applications my system will just restart. My screen will go black and my system will restart. Sometimes though the computer will give a BSOD Message, Minidumps attached The weird thing is sometimes it gives different BSODs errors every time.Upgraded the ram to 16gb and added a M.2 SSD a year agoHP serial number: 4CE1050FF9Win 11 dumps: https://files.catbox.moe/f23y3i.zipWin 10 dumps OS i'm on currently: https://files.catbox.moe/eul3yx.zipAt first I believed this to be an issue with the RAM as the minidumps indicated it, although run

:)

Glattic, May 27, 2024

2. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, May 27, 2024
  3. Computer will randomly crash without a BSOD or Error and stays powered

Did that stuff with DDU step by step and had another crash just now while playing a game.

Saw a return of previous errors in the Event Manager.

• 1 instance of Critical: "Kernel-Power"
    • 2 instances of Error: "Application Error", "Faulting application name: dwm.exe"
    • 1 instance of Error: "EventLog"
    • 1 instance of Warning: "Dwminit", "The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. (Process exit code: 0xe0464645, Restart count: 1, Primary display device ID: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080)"

TheWolfish, May 27, 2024
  4. dtex Win User

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

Thema:

1. BSODs when gaming and desktop use only when computer power is high - Similar Threads - BSODs gaming desktop

2. BSODs when gaming and desktop use only when computer power is high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs when gaming and desktop use only when computer power is high: When running games or performance intensive applications my system will just restart. My screen will go black and my system will restart. Sometimes though the computer will give a BSOD Message, Minidumps attached The weird thing is sometimes it gives different BSODs errors...
  3. BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode: My laptop is an Asus TUF A15—Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, rtx 3050TI card. I was having non-stop BSOD and reinstalled Windows a few times windows 11 Home Last time I didn't install the ROG Armory crate. Now I do not get BSOD when my laptop is plugged in. Unless I use Best Power...
  4. BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode: My laptop is an Asus TUF A15—Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, rtx 3050TI card. I was having non-stop BSOD and reinstalled Windows a few times windows 11 Home Last time I didn't install the ROG Armory crate. Now I do not get BSOD when my laptop is plugged in. Unless I use Best Power...
  5. Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60: I recently built a computer with the following specs: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core ProcessorMSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 MotherboardSilicon Power GAMING 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3000 CL16 MemorySeagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard DriveSilicon...
  6. Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60: I recently built a computer with the following specs: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core ProcessorMSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 MotherboardSilicon Power GAMING 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3000 CL16 MemorySeagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard DriveSilicon...
  7. Computer BSOD when using Silicon Power P34A60

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bsod only when gaming

Bsod only when gaming: Hey. Ive recenlty built a new pc and when Im playing games I get BSOD "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" or a sudden restart. Ive sent my pc to a test to see if all the parts are good and nothing corrupted. Its seems like its something else I dont know what it could be. on windows...
  9. Desktop Window Manager uses high gpu when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager uses high gpu when playing a game: The Desktop Window Manager uses high gpu 80% when I'm playing a game. This leads to low fps and a bad experience. Even without a game running, it can still use 15% gpu. This only started happening today, and the solutions I've searched don't work. How can I fix this? Without...
  10. High power usage when using a program

High power usage when using a program: Hello, I have just installed the new Windows update and a problem came with it. I opened Chrome and went into Youtube. Don't remember why, but I opened the task manager and saw that my power usage was very high. I said "whatever" and continued to watch. When i opened one...