Windows 10: BSODs when running games randomly

Discus and support BSODs when running games randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been happening intermittently. I recently built a new PC last summer, I am now getting BSODs i have ran CPU stress tests, chkdsk, sfc, ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gbyrd, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Gbyrd Win User

BSODs when running games randomly

This has been happening intermittently. I recently built a new PC last summer, I am now getting BSODs i have ran CPU stress tests, chkdsk, sfc, ran memory diagnostic as well.

I have pulled up event viewer and i am looking at the logs.

The error i got was system service exception. Any help in regards to how to handle this would be a great help

:)

Gbyrd, Jan 14, 2021
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

BSODs when running games randomly 2e3s7lz.jpg

bbmarley, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

BSODs when running games randomly

1. BSODs when running games randomly - Similar Threads - BSODs running games

2. Random BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when gaming: Hi,Over the past few days I've had BSODs occurring randomly when gaming - it happens on several games and I don't know why.It did it again this afternoon so I've uploaded in the dump file in the hopes that someone can help me out and indicate why this might be happening. I've...
  3. Random BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when gaming: Hi,Over the past few days I've had BSODs occurring randomly when gaming - it happens on several games and I don't know why.It did it again this afternoon so I've uploaded in the dump file in the hopes that someone can help me out and indicate why this might be happening. I've...
  4. Random BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games: Been having issues recently with CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Bsods, I've tried using SFC Scan to check for system instability, i've bought and installed new ram to try and remedy the situation. I don't know how to read the event viewer logs to find something related to what's...
  6. BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games

BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games: Been having issues recently with CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Bsods, I've tried using SFC Scan to check for system instability, i've bought and installed new ram to try and remedy the situation. I don't know how to read the event viewer logs to find something related to what's...
  7. BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games

8. Random BSOD when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when gaming.: I've started to get random BSOD while gaming, most of which are CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, I recently installed new RAM and suspect it might be the culprit. Here is the dmp file, any help would be appreciated. Thank You!************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  9. Random BSOD when gaming.

Random BSOD when gaming.: I've started to get random BSOD while gaming, most of which are CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, I recently installed new RAM and suspect it might be the culprit. Here is the dmp file, any help would be appreciated. Thank You!************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  10. Random BSOD when gaming.