Windows 10: BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks

Discus and support BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was getting BSODs with my 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz CL16 RAM, even after disabling XMP, until I removed one of the sticks. I plan to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FLUX001, Jun 13, 2021.

1. FLUX001 Win User

BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks

I was getting BSODs with my 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz CL16 RAM, even after disabling XMP, until I removed one of the sticks. I plan to replace the RAM, but before I do, is there a chance that this could be a problem with the CPU or motherboard instead? I've attached my log collector files as well as a minidump analyses. I know there's a Razer Synapse process named in there (GameManagerService.exe), but I kept getting BSODs after uninstalling Synapse, so it's not the culprit. Specs: Windows 10 Education 20H2 Ryzen 3600 Asus TUF B550-PLUS Crucial Ballistix 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra Crucial MX500 SSD Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W Minidumps link: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright (c) Micr - Pastebin.com Log collector files: Dropbox - DESKTOP-BJSM4QG-(2021-06-13_19-14-51).zip - Simplify your life

:)

FLUX001, Jun 13, 2021

2. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Jun 13, 2021
  3. kostap Win User
    Is my ram stick dead ?

I have just done a restart and my computer won't boot anymore. So I removed one of the ram sticks (channel 3) and it booted immediately. Then I tried with the removed ram stick and it didn't boot at all. I am suspicious that one of the sticks is dead.any suggestions?

kostap, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Amc101803 Win User

Can 2 diffrent ram sticks slow down my fps/make game lag?

Okay so i have 2 diffrent sticks of ram , on is a 4gb stick
    1st stick of ram Team Elite Plus 4GB (black)
    • DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    • Timing 11-11-11-28
    • Cas Latency 11
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • =========================================================
    • This is the Other stick of ram
    • DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
    • Timing 9-9-9-24
    • Cas Latency 9
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • Do you think why this could be exactly why my fps is dropping in games? gpu is not high temp neither is cpu cpu never goes over 98% gpu when playing overwatch never goes over 60% Usage i have just ordered Dual Channel Kit HyperxFury 16gb 1600 MHZ ram. I was wondering if you guys think this could be exactly why i was having fps drops. I also had a BSOD PageFile error just a few days ago.....
    (Not with my new ram) My spec's are:
    • Processor: I5 4690K
    • GPU : GTX 950 Super Clocked
    • PSU : corsair GS600W
    • ram (about too be hyperxfury 16gb) right now it is just 8 gb right now.
    • I said my ram spec's for both sticks at the very top of the page

Amc101803, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks - Similar Threads - BSODs while gaming

2. pc crashing with two ram sticks .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashing with two ram sticks .: Hi guys,I'm using Windows 11 with msi b450 tomahawk and Ryzen 7 2700x, I have used 8gb corsair ddr4CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 version 3.31 3000mhz 16-20-20-28 enabled xmp at 2933mhz for 4 years with no issues, I have updated today to two 16gb corsair 3200 MHz sticks CMK16GX4M1E3200C16...
  3. pc crashing with two ram sticks .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crashing with two ram sticks .: Hi guys,I'm using Windows 11 with msi b450 tomahawk and Ryzen 7 2700x, I have used 8gb corsair ddr4CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 version 3.31 3000mhz 16-20-20-28 enabled xmp at 2933mhz for 4 years with no issues, I have updated today to two 16gb corsair 3200 MHz sticks CMK16GX4M1E3200C16...
  4. BSOD only when I have my 2 ram sticks in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only when I have my 2 ram sticks in: I recently came across my first ever BSOD loop and don’t know what to afterwards, during the process I couldn’t get anything to work even when I went to system restore it would BSOD during. Fast forward a bunch of troubleshooting and I decide to launch my pc with 1 ram stick,...
  5. Defective ram stick removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...
  6. Defective ram stick removed

Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...
  7. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  8. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  9. Ram Stick

10. I've gotten two bsod while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've gotten two bsod while gaming: So recently I checked did passmarks 86 ram test, no errors. Thought it was a motherboard issue, bought a new one with my ram being on its qvl list, activated xmp so far no bsod while in desktop so I'm good there. Might do a ryzen dram calc later tho. So I replaced my...