Windows 10: BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks

Discus and support BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was getting BSODs with my 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz CL16 RAM, even after disabling XMP, until I removed one of the sticks. I plan to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FLUX001, Jun 13, 2021.

1. FLUX001 Win User

BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks

I was getting BSODs with my 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz CL16 RAM, even after disabling XMP, until I removed one of the sticks. I plan to replace the RAM, but before I do, is there a chance that this could be a problem with the CPU or motherboard instead? I've attached my log collector files as well as a minidump analyses. I know there's a Razer Synapse process named in there (GameManagerService.exe), but I kept getting BSODs after uninstalling Synapse, so it's not the culprit. Specs: Windows 10 Education 20H2 Ryzen 3600 Asus TUF B550-PLUS Crucial Ballistix 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra Crucial MX500 SSD Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W Minidumps link: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright (c) Micr - Pastebin.com Log collector files: Dropbox - DESKTOP-BJSM4QG-(2021-06-13_19-14-51).zip - Simplify your life

:)

FLUX001, Jun 13, 2021

2. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Jun 13, 2021
  3. kostap Win User
    Is my ram stick dead ?

I have just done a restart and my computer won't boot anymore. So I removed one of the ram sticks (channel 3) and it booted immediately. Then I tried with the removed ram stick and it didn't boot at all. I am suspicious that one of the sticks is dead.any suggestions?

kostap, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Amc101803 Win User

Can 2 diffrent ram sticks slow down my fps/make game lag?

Okay so i have 2 diffrent sticks of ram , on is a 4gb stick
    1st stick of ram Team Elite Plus 4GB (black)
    • DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    • Timing 11-11-11-28
    • Cas Latency 11
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • =========================================================
    • This is the Other stick of ram
    • DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
    • Timing 9-9-9-24
    • Cas Latency 9
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • Do you think why this could be exactly why my fps is dropping in games? gpu is not high temp neither is cpu cpu never goes over 98% gpu when playing overwatch never goes over 60% Usage i have just ordered Dual Channel Kit HyperxFury 16gb 1600 MHZ ram. I was wondering if you guys think this could be exactly why i was having fps drops. I also had a BSOD PageFile error just a few days ago.....
    (Not with my new ram) My spec's are:
    • Processor: I5 4690K
    • GPU : GTX 950 Super Clocked
    • PSU : corsair GS600W
    • ram (about too be hyperxfury 16gb) right now it is just 8 gb right now.
    • I said my ram spec's for both sticks at the very top of the page

Amc101803, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. BSODs while gaming unless I remove one of my two RAM sticks - Similar Threads - BSODs while gaming

2. I've gotten two bsod while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've gotten two bsod while gaming: So recently I checked did passmarks 86 ram test, no errors. Thought it was a motherboard issue, bought a new one with my ram being on its qvl list, activated xmp so far no bsod while in desktop so I'm good there. Might do a ryzen dram calc later tho. So I replaced my...
  3. Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?

Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?: Hey. I've got a question. Would two ram sticks Each 4gb from two brands cause performance issues? I've been upgrading some family laptops with such parts and I came accross this in a acer aspire v5 131-2497 where the original brand was ADATA with 4gb. and the others were...
  4. BSOD when use 2 stick of RAM

BSOD when use 2 stick of RAM: Good Morning, My name is Ludfi, i hope u're all fine. Since i buy this computer, i always get the BSOD error when using 2 stick ram 8gb x 2 (16GB) , but when i use 1 stick of ram 8GB everything work properly, no error BSOD appear. It tested 1 by 1 stick of ram and different...
  5. memory (ram sticks)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    memory (ram sticks): im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4 ddr3 two of them are 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHZ1.50v the other two I want to use are patriot signature line 8GB(2x4GB kit) DDR3 UDIMM...
  6. RAM Sticks Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Sticks Question: So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel...
  7. Two BSOD in one day

Two BSOD in one day: I got two BSODs today. The latest one is about `IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL`, the previous is something about a page fault (don't remember the actual error code). I am getting quite a lot of BSODs recent weeks, but I only have minidumps for the last two BSODs. See...
  8. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello everybody, This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. I'm having several BSOD while gaming and sometimes even just scrolling windows and browsing pages. The strange thing is that the crash cause seems to be always different, as you can read in...
  9. BSOD while playing games (added new ram)

BSOD while playing games (added new ram): So I've recently purchased a new memory stick which is identical to what I have been using for the past 2 years. When I first built this pc, i've been only using a single 4GB stick (Apotop 4gb 1600Mhz) and recently I've decided to upgrade to 8GB by adding another stick. After...
  10. BSOD while gaming.

BSOD while gaming.: Could someone help me out? 48558