Windows 10: BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end...

Discus and support BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for your help. I'm running Windows 10 20H2 19042.867, and I've literally exhausted all options with these damn BSODs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adzysim, Mar 21, 2021.

1. adzysim Win User

BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end...

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm running Windows 10 20H2 19042.867, and I've literally exhausted all options with these damn BSODs. (I'll definietly be uploading a BSOD log once it generates a new one).

In a nutshell, I built a PC about 8 months ago. It's an AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT, 64GB RAM 4x 16G RAM G.Skill Aegis at 3200Mhz, 1TB M2 970 EVO Plus, 4TB HDD, MSI MAG B550M, Zotac Gaming 1660 Super, TP-Link 1Gbps PCI Express card. Before this I actually used different RAM and a different motherboard. I experienced BSODs on the Gigabyte motherboard and managed to narrow this down to the RAM, this was refunded to me and new RAM purchased. Since then I replaced the MB to the MSI MAG B550M, upgrade the BIOS to the latest stable version, reset Windows twice now, updated all drivers, firmware etc.

I use the PC heavly for work, compiling, virtual machines and at times I can have up to 6 to 8 VMs on the go. I've also got Plex Media Server running on this as well (I doubt this is the issue).

Nonetheless, Windows has been throwing constant BSODs, these can range from NON_PAGEFILE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGEFILE_AREA, HYPERVISOR_ERROR (this is probably just Hyper-V being stupid but only occured once, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (this is an interesting one, it's only happened once), SYSTEM_THREAT_EXCEPTION, there was also an error that was point directly to Razer Cortex which I've since uninstalld, sometimes the PC can be on for 9 days straight with no issues, but all of a sudden over night it'll go through multiple reboots with multiple different errors. The BSODs are random, mostly they happen when the PC is not phsically in use, I could have multiple applications open and be physically using it and it will be fine, but then you leave it over night and it reboots. It does it even when there are no applications open after a fresh restart and no VMs powered on.

I've literally replaced every part except for the CPU, I've even replaced the SSD prior to this I was using a 512GB M2 Samsung drive from my old laptop on the Gigabyte motherboard. On the GB MB I experienced similar if not the same BSODs on roughly the same version of Windows.

Short of now replacing the CPU or even getting an independent assessment of all the parts, I'm not sure what to do. I have an unreliable PC that will sometimes stay on for two weeks or more without issues but then throw a tanturm for a day or so. The CPU is the last part that hasn't been replaced, it's been reseated obviously in the new MB and new thermal paste applied generously but not excessively, I've made sure there is no leakage, temps are fine in that regard.

I will post a BSOD log once it inevitably does it again, in terms of performance the PC runs fine, I don't experience your typical memory issues that are evident of failing RAM. I've also attempted to run memory diagnostics, this is interesting because when ever I try to do this Windows won't boot to the memory management console, it did once, passed the test and that was that. I honestly think this is Windows 10, since I've basically replaced all the parts except for the CPU (what are the chances of the CPU being faulty?). My last two resorts now are to 1. reset and go back to v1909 or v2004, which is still currently LTS I think? and metorphically throw this thing at a PC repair place and say 'fix and send me the bill'.

I'm tempted to try Linux, I've got 2x M2 ports on the MB, so trying Linux and running some tests and seeing if I get any errors might help? I guess, I'm not good a Linux but I guess Google will help.

Please, any advice would be fantastic. I love this PC I built, but it's giving me grey hairs now. I can't afford for it to be constantly crashing, if it is Windows and downgrading to stable version or even installing Hyper-V server is my only option I'll do it.

:)

adzysim, Mar 21, 2021

2. Repair Install Fixes corruption - CU KB5000802 installed !

@Caledon Ken,
    Ok, followed the steps in the directions you linked but I couldn't see how step 4 in red was done even after I maximized my screen to try to read the screen shot in red for step 4. It just isn't easy to read to see what is being done.

BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end... [​IMG]

the Disk List screen shot

Jaguwaar20, Mar 21, 2021
  3. redlin49 Win User
    KB5000802 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.867 and v20H2 19042.867 Win Update

2 Customers got a bsod on this update.
    bsod
    apc index mismatch win32kfull.sys
    Every time when they want to print something this occures.
    they have 20H2 and cannot print because of this error. Someone got a solution

redlin49, Mar 21, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

1. BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end... - Similar Threads - BSODs 20H2 19042

2. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  3. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help. I'm at my Wits End.: I am totally unable to scroll down within any System File or any APP in Windows 10.This just started yesterday. I have since done everything humanly possible. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have updated all Drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse. I have...
  4. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

Help. I'm at my Wits End.: I am totally unable to scroll down within any System File or any APP in Windows 10.This just started yesterday. I have since done everything humanly possible. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have updated all Drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse. I have...
  5. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I'm at my wit's end, multiple BSODs for 5 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm at my wit's end, multiple BSODs for 5 months: Hello, I have been having multiple BSOD throughout 5 months. I have tried swapping out mobo, psu, ram sticks, then ran multiple ram tests and disks checks and they all came out clean. I really don't know what it could be, even on a fresh reformatted windows I have getting...
  7. I'm at my wit's end, multiple BSODs for 5 months

I'm at my wit's end, multiple BSODs for 5 months: Hello, I have been having multiple BSOD throughout 5 months. I have tried swapping out mobo, psu, ram sticks, then ran multiple ram tests and disks checks and they all came out clean. I really don't know what it could be, even on a fresh reformatted windows I have getting...
  8. BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end...

BSODs Windows 10 20H2 19042.867 - I'm at my wits end...: Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for your help. I'm running Windows 10 20H2 19042.867, and I've literally exhausted all options with these damn BSODs. (I'll definietly be uploading a BSOD log once it generates a new one). In a nutshell, I built a PC about 8 months ago....
  9. Constant BSOD - at my wits end

Constant BSOD - at my wits end: Hi, Can someone please look at my minidump files and point me in the right direction here? dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkUVehxmeikB8TZCZS_rcFQniT2N?e=PZhmYf been getting ntfs.sys a lot of late but has also been others. i had changed my SSD, swapped memory...
  10. Regular BSOD - at wits end...

Regular BSOD - at wits end...: Hi, I'm attaching the diagnostic file to this post containing recent information about BSOD crashes. On both of my laptops that I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, these occur at least once daily when using these laptops. My desktop PC has been fine. However, these regular...