Windows 10: BSODs

Discus and support BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was experiencing some bluescreens every once in a while on my computer, and I assumed it was because windows kept failing to install the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eggjpeg, Aug 26, 2019.

1. eggjpeg Win User

BSODs

I was experiencing some bluescreens every once in a while on my computer, and I assumed it was because windows kept failing to install the following update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512508/windows-10-update-kb4512508 . I downloaded the tool that windows recommended to help my machine download this update and everything seemed to be working fine for a few days but then I started experiencing even more bluescreens a lot more often, as well as some programs such as Steam or even Chrome crashing. I tried to reinstall Windows but the bluescreens still occurred... Here are my PC specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

32 GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI

BaseBoard Product Z270 TOMAHAWK (MS-7A68)

I have the minidump files here on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9pvd0lg9j8tr52/bsod.zip?dl=0

:)

eggjpeg, Aug 26, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSODs :)

cplpro, Aug 26, 2019
  4. BSODs

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

BSODs

1. BSODs - Similar Threads - BSODs

2. BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help: So this morning I awoke started my computer, cat ripped out power cord, so I plugged it back in and restarted. Crashed within an hour after that However after over 18 hours of crashes, BSOD, and black screens I'm huffed, I've done the sfc check, system restores/ system reset,...
  3. BSOD Help please

BSOD Help please: I keep getting BSOD - Registry filter driver exception and Machine check exception. I have a link to the minidump file if ive done it correctly. Any suggestions on how to fix or the cause of the error. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhNSmwfd4D_5mltR6Brf1Kx76tKN?e=v4Z0CQ...
  4. Constant BSODs, each with different cause, running out of ideas

Constant BSODs, each with different cause, running out of ideas: I have had many crashes on my computer recently, and they are becoming more and more frequent (up to several per day now), and have tried every possible fix listed on help sites with nothing seeming to work. According to the minidump files created from the BSODs I am getting,...
  5. BSOD VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

BSOD VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR: Hi Microsoft, I have an MSI GS43 it has two graphic cards, one nvidia and one intel integrated. When I disable the nvidia driver from device manager my laptop work like a charm, no error. When I enable the nVidia driver the problem appear. after a few seconds the blue...
  6. BSOD error with running Photoshop

BSOD error with running Photoshop: I got BSOD error when trying to upload a photo from the cloud into Photoshop. It first freezes then my laptop restarts with blue screen and message driver powa state fail I am using the latest Windows 10 update, tried to reinstall device driver and Photoshop app. This issue...
  7. My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been BSOD for about a month now: My PC keeps on BSOD and its always because of ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys. I only blue screen when I am playing games. I have factory reset my PC and scanned my hard drive, used /sfc scan now and the lot. I just came here to see if anyone could help. ntoskrnl.exe:...
  8. BSOD Kernel Mode Heap Corruption

BSOD Kernel Mode Heap Corruption: Hi, i fairly frequently get the above BSOD. It usually seems to happen shortly after starting the PC running W10. Within about 5-10 minutes. it seems to be triggered after the “do you like this photo” updates the photo at the Log On screen. The next time I turn it on...
  9. BSOD BugCheck1001

BSOD BugCheck1001: Hi there I wonder if you can help - I've had a couple of hard crashes recently and BugCheck1001 has come up both times in Event Viewer, but I only have the dump file for the most recent time. Not had to ask before so please let me know if this isn't enough information to...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD

Windows 10 BSOD: Hi everyone! I'm just starting to have BSOD on my windows, I'm not sure what it is to install/uninstall or repair something. I'm pretty sure it isn't hardware because everytime this happens it's either the nvidia drivers or an app somewhere in my device. If someone can help...